Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3833 3834 [3835] 3836 3837 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9456001 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #57510 on: January 16, 2013, 07:09:41 pm »

If its any consolation, I think you did the right thing. You had the "steal from old people" job, right?

Sometimes, not working really IS better than working.

And I'm glad you're still alive.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57511 on: January 16, 2013, 07:16:51 pm »

But now I'm back to square one, a jobless bum, and with a great deal less money in the family's budget, and a Career Counselor who is thoroughly confused and disappointed with my decision. I hope people don't think I'm really pathetic and weak for only going to a job for two days before deciding it's just not for me.
You got out of a job that was driving you to death in every sense of the phrase. Nothing but respect on my end.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #57512 on: January 16, 2013, 07:22:57 pm »

Holy shit Josh! Glad to hear you're okay. Life is, unfortunately, dictated by luck in many ways - the only reason the disaster in London today wasn't any worse was due to sheer luck.

As for the job, I'm glad you tried it, but what just happened is of course going to marr your experience there. It does sound like though that you didn't ethically agree with your position, to which I can fully understand withdrawing from it.

Wishing you good luck!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57513 on: January 16, 2013, 07:31:25 pm »

Well, thanks everyone. I'm glad that I have atleast you guys to understand the situation I'm in and put myself through.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57514 on: January 16, 2013, 07:41:02 pm »

-snip-

Glad you're still alive. Keep looking and hopefully you'll find something rewarding. As a practical suggestion, you might also want to look into local charity work if you have the spare time and energy while job hunting. It wouldn't be a real job and you wouldn't get paid, but it's another + in your resumé and it might give you a sense of purpose and achievement for the time being. Good luck with your endeavours.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #57515 on: January 16, 2013, 07:59:03 pm »

Blood sugar and ghostly fingers: far more likely that he's having those experiences due to the low blood sugar than the other way around. :p. 
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57516 on: January 16, 2013, 09:46:04 pm »

The company I get internet from, who also handles all the landline phones and many cell connections in this town, is cut-off from the outside world.

No communication in or out, though from one phone to another within the company is doable. This also means no internet.

Thankfully, my cell is of a different provider, so it still works.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #57517 on: January 17, 2013, 01:46:57 am »

Ghosts or not, something about that room makes your child sick.  I think the most important thing is to keep your kid out of that room and that wondering about the cause should be a secondary.

Might even go as far as a full on room swap, where the child's room is moved to another room of the house and whatever is in that room is moved to that one.  Might even try sleeping in there yourself for a few days, make sure you don't start feeling any illness that may be caused by that particular environment (just in case what causes the problems still effects a stronger adult immune system) and swapping your room for his.

Everyone else in the family has slept in there with no problems, and it's also where we have guests sleep.

And I really didn't want to spark a ghosts debate.  I never even said the word ghost.  Everyone jumped to that conclusion, like I knew they would.  All I really said is that room = bad place for him to sleep.  He doesn't have these weird rapid drops when he's awake, and it only happens in his sleep when he sleeps in there.  This was the last straw and I'm moving him out of there anytime I find him asleep in there from now on.  I woke up a while ago to find him fallen asleep in there again and his blood sugar was low.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57518 on: January 17, 2013, 01:50:55 am »

It seems pretty clear to me, then: Something about the room is quickly draining your son's blood sugar, causing hallucinations, but doesn't affect non-diabetics. Call his doctor, they might have heard about this kind of thing before.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #57519 on: January 17, 2013, 01:52:29 am »

Blood sugar demons. I knew they were real!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57520 on: January 17, 2013, 01:56:48 am »

Spoiler: *ahem* (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57521 on: January 17, 2013, 01:58:56 am »

Or he could just be having nightmares or anxiety issues when sleeping in the dark "haunted" room that makes it more difficult for his body to wind down properly when he sleeps, hence making him burn through sugars more quickly.

That's just my jab at a rational explanation, not sure what you could do about it if he really was just getting scared at night.

Somehow sitting him down and assuring him that the room is "totally not haunted", doesn't seem like the best of strategies.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #57522 on: January 17, 2013, 01:59:29 am »

Bah, that's preposterous. Obviously what they're dealing with here is a blood sugar vampire. That might also be a ghost.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57523 on: January 17, 2013, 02:00:22 am »

Bah, that's preposterous. Obviously what they're dealing with here is a blood sugar vampire. That might also be a ghost.
My post, gentlemen.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #57524 on: January 17, 2013, 02:10:54 am »

It seems pretty clear to me, then: Something about the room is quickly draining your son's blood sugar, causing hallucinations, but doesn't affect non-diabetics. Call his doctor, they might have heard about this kind of thing before.

I've brought it up with them before.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 3833 3834 [3835] 3836 3837 ... 8167