Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3773 3774 [3775] 3776 3777 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461726 times)

Happy Zippo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #56610 on: December 19, 2012, 12:04:59 am »

USA = The Republic of Rome II!

This is also hopeful.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #56611 on: December 19, 2012, 12:13:49 am »

Humans are filthy animals. Full of dangerous chemicals, parasites and potential prions. At the very least you would have to find some free range humans from the deep amazon or something if you care about your health.

Eh, seems like almost everything one ingests these days has the possibility of carrying some horrible parasite or deadly disease. If my immune system's protected me this long, then I have faith that it could take on whatever nasties the flesh of my fellow man may contain.

Happy Zippo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56612 on: December 19, 2012, 12:17:41 am »

Humans are filthy animals. Full of dangerous chemicals, parasites and potential prions. At the very least you would have to find some free range humans from the deep amazon or something if you care about your health.

Eh, seems like almost everything one ingests these days has the possibility of carrying some horrible parasite or deadly disease. If my immune system's protected me this long, then I have faith that it could take on whatever nasties the flesh of my fellow man may contain.

Cancer is the most harmful. It is interesting to note that countries without medication and modern hospitals do not experience diseases attributed to long lifes, such as cancer and brain diseases like altzheimers.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #56613 on: December 19, 2012, 12:36:03 am »

Cancer is the most harmful. It is interesting to note that countries without medication and modern hospitals do not experience diseases attributed to long lifes, such as cancer and brain diseases like altzheimers.
That's because they die before they can live long enough to get them.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56614 on: December 19, 2012, 12:38:51 am »

Cancer isn't exactly a "long-life" disease anyway. Or are all those bald kids in the hospital just prematurely aging?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #56615 on: December 19, 2012, 12:49:42 am »

Yeah, either that's something we can chalk up to modern lifestyles, or cancer exists in the same proportions in less developed areas and, without fancy equipment and tests to find it beforehand, it's just "cause of death: haven't got a clue"
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #56616 on: December 19, 2012, 01:52:46 am »

It's far less frequent in kids than the elderly.

Anyhow in humans cancer's not catching, so in principle eating oncological patients should not be worse than eating nin-oncological ones. Well, except for chemo, of course.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56617 on: December 19, 2012, 04:25:40 am »

I am sad and continuously confused at how humans can be enraged about what happened to MoM (and rightfully so, mind you), yet be perfectly okay with things like this, that, or the other thing.

I want to punch you in the face. You worthless piece of shit.
Merchant is a wonderful girl that contributes to the better side of humanity. A chicken is food.
That you can even say shit like this..

A human female getting abused by her subhuman terrible socalled parents is a much bigger issue than some faceless wannabe t-rex thats food anyways's completely irrelevant suffering

Get yourself some sense of situation and know when to post your PETA bullshit and when not to post your PETA bullshit.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56618 on: December 19, 2012, 04:29:57 am »

Fun fact: I'm a vegetarian, but I'd probably have no problem with killing an animal to be eaten by other people (the animal, not me).

There's quite a few "vegetarians-of-taste" (again, the meat, not us) out there.

That probably makes PETA sad :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56619 on: December 19, 2012, 04:42:44 am »

I am sad and continuously confused at how humans can be enraged about what happened to MoM (and rightfully so, mind you), yet be perfectly okay with things like this, that, or the other thing.

I want to punch you in the face. You worthless piece of shit.
Merchant is a wonderful girl that contributes to the better side of humanity. A chicken is food.
That you can even say shit like this..

A human female getting abused by her subhuman terrible socalled parents is a much bigger issue than some faceless wannabe t-rex thats food anyways's completely irrelevant suffering

Get yourself some sense of situation and know when to post your PETA bullshit and when not to post your PETA bullshit.

Dude, either calm down, or take your own advice and don't post. Flaming people never help, and I'm getting quite tired of you flaunting your imbecilic hate all over the forums.
Love, scriver~

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56620 on: December 19, 2012, 04:44:34 am »

By the way

Get yourself some sense of situation and know when to post your Anti PETA bullshit and when not to post your Anti PETA bullshit.

I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56621 on: December 19, 2012, 05:30:31 am »

Howdy, pilgrim. its a nice day to be sa---!

Whoa there, son!  Waving that thing around without a quote on!  Gon git yourself hurt; poke your eye out.
Lookat cha, not even a proper logic strapped on the end for stabilities sake.  I see men shot dead fir less.  What you need is to go into the tavern and git youself a nice slice of famous lemon. pie and a tall glassa milk. . .

:P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #56622 on: December 19, 2012, 05:33:52 am »

I don't see why it shouldn't possible to be saddened by the undue suffering of both human, and non-human entities...

As I've stated before:
It's not like my empathy is some finite resource that I have to reserve for only the most fucked over individuals, and it pisses me off that anyone's mistreatment has to have priority over anyone else's.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56623 on: December 19, 2012, 06:21:35 am »

Although true that is true, saying that you should not be sad about one because you are not sad about another is insufferably insulting and false. Especially when the first one is many many times worse.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #56624 on: December 19, 2012, 06:56:51 am »

I think the biggest issue is that it was a really really insensitive time to post that kind of comment.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 3773 3774 [3775] 3776 3777 ... 8167