Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3473 3474 [3475] 3476 3477 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461349 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #52110 on: September 15, 2012, 01:03:17 am »

As someone who has had quite a decent amount of alcohol tonight, LI has probably had too much.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #52111 on: September 15, 2012, 01:03:37 am »

A very convincing argument that you're not inebriated.

Indeed. you know Kaijyuu, you should try Bailey's Irish Cream. Deliscious little beverage, and only 17% ABV.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52112 on: September 15, 2012, 01:03:43 am »

I getting 3.5-4% max on calculators

so its not strong. With 3 days its closer to real ale from the past. which is whwre "liquid bread" came from as it had the yeast still in it. The beer we have nowadays would be regarded as stale even a few hundred years ago as its dead. If using grain you can actually brew a 2nd beer from the "spent" grain. This was called small beer and for a long time was the drink for children. Have to remember thats its brewed for only a short while, this allows the goodness to be extracted without much alcohol so its not gets the kids drunk drink. More stop them ding from th water drink.
Lemonade is made with yeast only fermenting for a day or two . gives you fizz without the ABV. Of course if you leave it you get the ABV. one for the kids on the week days and for the partents on the weekend.
~

Added another 45g EKG Hops to my IPA to dry hop.

Had first gusher and wouldn't you know it went in my damn boots, hopefully they will dry somewhat tomorrow and the room wont stink of cider. No real Idea of what caused gushers other than shit loads of CO2 and not enough absorption.

Just had a though hope the Coopers IPA 2 Litre I took wont gush on me. Might have to open over basin  or bowl so as not to waste it.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52113 on: September 15, 2012, 01:04:34 am »

you know Kaijyuu, you should try Bailey's Irish Cream. Deliscious little beverage, and only 17% ABV.
Never had a drop of alcohol in my life. Maybe sometime in the future :)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52114 on: September 15, 2012, 01:04:50 am »

As odd as it may sound, whilst sulking to myself, in some odd way, I feel that I am addicted to the status quo. You see, when I sulk I tell myself things like, summarized:

'opening up to others is merely inviting disaster and allowing the very chances for further humiliation and damage to my self-esteem to exist. That my solitary life and mindset is keeping me safe from the cruel whimsies of fate that would end me.'

When I tell myself those things, I feel better about my situation. There's a real uplifting feeling in my neck and shoulders that I've become accustomed to, that resigning myself to this lifestyle is what keeps me from spiraling into a suicidal depression, and thus really the only thing that keeps me alive. It's an old, reliable friend, this feeling; and I am hesitant to betray it despite the fact that it's only wish is to keep me in one miserable place for the rest of my life.

I can only hope that I'm explaining this well enough.

This makes a lot of sense. I also tell myself those same things when I get super depressed. :/ And whenever I used, I'd feel like a load had lifted off my shoulders, that I could finally relax for a little while. All drugs really do for me is chill me out for an hour or two, and keep me poor and miserable, so I'd say our 'addictions' are quite comparable. Perhaps I should PM you some treatment material one of these days. It might help you out.

Lord Inquisitor, I think you've had enough for one night.
to hell with you I ghave beer in me boots
A very convincing argument that you're not inebriated.

I lol'd. Watching drunks argue with sober people is always entertaining.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #52115 on: September 15, 2012, 01:06:05 am »

you know Kaijyuu, you should try Bailey's Irish Cream. Deliscious little beverage, and only 17% ABV.

Well then, when you do, don't overdo it. Learn your limits and all that. You moving to Seattle or Tacoma, anyway? (yes, they are more or less indistinguishable...)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #52116 on: September 15, 2012, 01:06:51 am »

Bailey's is the shit. Out of everything I've ever tasted, cream counters the alcohol burn the best. This also applies to white Russians.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52117 on: September 15, 2012, 01:08:32 am »

http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52118 on: September 15, 2012, 01:09:06 am »

Well then, when you do, don't overdo it. Learn your limits and all that. You moving to Seattle or Tacoma, anyway? (yes, they are more or less indistinguishable...)
Yeppers. I'll start small; probably passing out after a single shot of anything, but hey!
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52119 on: September 15, 2012, 01:09:24 am »

Nyquil is starting to kick in...I'm such a lightweight :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52120 on: September 15, 2012, 01:10:33 am »

druggies you all druggies
Stick to the beer, not the canoe water though gotrta have standards

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #52121 on: September 15, 2012, 01:11:07 am »

Yeppers. I'll start small; probably passing out after a single shot of anything, but hey!

Your liver is young and healthy and looks deliscious So you could probably knock back a couple without any issues. You should know though, that there are plenty of ways to drink for the simple enjoyment of the beverage, rather than knocking back a slug of rum.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52122 on: September 15, 2012, 01:12:10 am »

Serious mode, if I ever do, it's going to be a social thing, and I doubt I'd be slamming away much of anything (alcohol or no).

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52123 on: September 15, 2012, 01:12:38 am »

Your liver is young and healthy and looks deliscious So you could probably knock back a couple without any issues. You should know though, that there are plenty of ways to drink for the simple enjoyment of the beverage, rather than knocking back a slug of rum.
very true this
Listen to wise old men

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52124 on: September 15, 2012, 01:14:01 am »

druggies you all druggies
Stick to the beer, not the canoe water though gotrta have standards

I'm going to drink my 4.6% ABV beer and enjoy it.  After all, it's the Friendly Beer.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 01:15:50 am by Jervill »
Pages: 1 ... 3473 3474 [3475] 3476 3477 ... 8167