Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3472 3473 [3474] 3475 3476 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9459315 times)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #52095 on: September 15, 2012, 12:27:07 am »

My attempt at being however so slightly socially outgoing in my weekly excursion to FNM has gone smoothly. Though at the end of it all I still feel that these ventures only validate the beliefs I have of myself.

I wish I didn't feel estranged from the rest of society. I go out to do things, and while meeting people is nice, I'm constantly worried that I'm brushing against some social faux pas. Conversations are always shallow and short, and I'm concerned that others can see that I feel inadequate to them.

I have new sunglasses that others say look very good on me, but I enjoy wearing them because they cover up how sad my eyes look.

I try to imagine myself as a person who isn't lonely, and I just can't picture how that world would look, that thought is simply too alien to conceive. I simply feel I live, but I don't belong. That attempts to change this is merely trampling on the natural order of things, and thus doomed to failure. Am I destined to be like this?

I've felt as you have, fortunatly and unfortunatly the solution to my problem was to change the people i spent time with, i don't know how much of an issue this may be for you but i feel like it really is simply a matter of finding the right people to gift your time with. That, or perhaps merely opening yourself up just a bit more.

@Mlamlah
Do you have signature images turned off?

I did! and i seem to have gained an experience point! I'll just add that to my character sheet.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52096 on: September 15, 2012, 12:29:21 am »

I try to imagine myself as a person who isn't lonely, and I just can't picture how that world would look, that thought is simply too alien to conceive. I simply feel I live, but I don't belong. That attempts to change this is merely trampling on the natural order of things, and thus doomed to failure. Am I destined to be like this?

This is something that comes up a lot in drug treatment. A person becomes so used to the way things are, that they simply cannot conceive how things could be different from the current status quo, and decide that they can't be different. It is a logic fallacy. You can very easily change your world, my friend. Don't let the fact that you can't imagine how it would be deter you. That just means that it is far better than you can imagine. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52097 on: September 15, 2012, 12:38:11 am »

your all a bunch of young pricks

I feel ancient!
Drinking all the drink
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52098 on: September 15, 2012, 12:44:03 am »

How old are you, Lord Inquisitor? 40? 50? 107?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52099 on: September 15, 2012, 12:46:16 am »

25... Millenia? Is Lord Inquisitor as old as the universe perhaps? Timeless, ageless, immutable... Drunk.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #52100 on: September 15, 2012, 12:51:02 am »

Which Reminds me: It takes a good stiff drink to get me sober, so I will now finish off my bottle of Bailey's.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52101 on: September 15, 2012, 12:51:52 am »

Which Reminds me: It takes a good stiff drink to get me sober, so I will now finish off my bottle of Bailey's.

You, sir, are a man after my own main circulatory pump.
He's fucking with us.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52102 on: September 15, 2012, 12:51:59 am »

25... Millenia? Is Lord Inquisitor as old as the universe perhaps? Timeless, ageless, immutable... Drunk.
druynk!
I'm pissed mate!
Pass the green dragon would you?
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52103 on: September 15, 2012, 12:57:36 am »

druynk!
I'm pissed mate!

*Hands Lord Inquisitor some Absinthe*
*because it makes the heart grow fonder*
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52104 on: September 15, 2012, 12:57:59 am »

This is something that comes up a lot in drug treatment. A person becomes so used to the way things are, that they simply cannot conceive how things could be different from the current status quo, and decide that they can't be different. It is a logic fallacy. You can very easily change your world, my friend. Don't let the fact that you can't imagine how it would be deter you. That just means that it is far better than you can imagine. :D

As odd as it may sound, whilst sulking to myself, in some odd way, I feel that I am addicted to the status quo. You see, when I sulk I tell myself things like, summarized:

'opening up to others is merely inviting disaster and allowing the very chances for further humiliation and damage to my self-esteem to exist. That my solitary life and mindset is keeping me safe from the cruel whimsies of fate that would end me.'

When I tell myself those things, I feel better about my situation. There's a real uplifting feeling in my neck and shoulders that I've become accustomed to, that resigning myself to this lifestyle is what keeps me from spiraling into a suicidal depression, and thus really the only thing that keeps me alive. It's an old, reliable friend, this feeling; and I am hesitant to betray it despite the fact that it's only wish is to keep me in one miserable place for the rest of my life.

I can only hope that I'm explaining this well enough.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #52105 on: September 15, 2012, 12:58:30 am »

Ever had a Death in the Afternoon? A waste of carbonation, I tell ya.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52106 on: September 15, 2012, 12:59:15 am »

druynk!
I'm pissed mate!

*Hands Lord Inquisitor some Absinthe*
*because it makes the heart grow fonder*
I said dragon not the dammeed fairy!
enoufgh of that about and it dont do shite

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52107 on: September 15, 2012, 01:00:34 am »

Lord Inquisitor, I think you've had enough for one night.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52108 on: September 15, 2012, 01:01:44 am »

Lord Inquisitor, I think you've had enough for one night.
to hell with you I ghave beer in me boots

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52109 on: September 15, 2012, 01:02:24 am »

A very convincing argument that you're not inebriated.
Pages: 1 ... 3472 3473 [3474] 3475 3476 ... 8167