Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3130 3131 [3132] 3133 3134 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429428 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46965 on: May 21, 2012, 09:05:46 am »

Coverrred in spideeerss

Edit: Also ants.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46966 on: May 21, 2012, 09:06:52 am »

You sure they aren't Spiderses?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:10:39 am by GlyphGryph »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46967 on: May 21, 2012, 09:07:14 am »

No. Little super poison looking spiders.

I don't know if the ache is because of poison or because of punches I am giving myself.

Damn it man. I know you edited your post before the edit thing would come up and now my post looks a bit off topic.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:11:15 am by Criptfeind »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46968 on: May 21, 2012, 09:11:38 am »

Well if they are really little spiders, they probably can't poison you since they probably can't get their fangs through your skin. So probably the punches.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46969 on: May 21, 2012, 09:12:07 am »

No. Little super poison looking spiders.

I don't know if the ache is because of poison or because of punches I am giving myself.

Damn it man. I know you edited your post before the edit thing would come up and now my post looks a bit off topic.
Think big, cript. It's probably because of both!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46970 on: May 21, 2012, 09:13:33 am »

Though it could be from the ants too! How big are the ants? What colour are they? If they are green and purple, you may have other problems...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46971 on: May 21, 2012, 09:14:58 am »

I might have punched them hard enough to push them though my skin.

Edit: Ants are big. And Brown.

Edit: Is it racist to call ants brown?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:18:21 am by Criptfeind »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46972 on: May 21, 2012, 10:14:16 am »

Why are you covered in ants and spiders?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46973 on: May 21, 2012, 10:28:26 am »

Not quite sad, just sort of freaking out. Big Boss noticed my guitar case, and now he wants to talk about music some time. Apparently he's been in a couple bands. My attempts to completely fly under the radar and never be noticed by anyone ever have failed me. Oh gods, I'm not gonna be able to focus at all today.

Oh gods. What if he comes over and tries to talk to me. Agh. I'm terrible at guitar. I don't know anything. It's just gonna be terrible.

* GlyphGryph commences attempting to freak out in utter silence.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46974 on: May 21, 2012, 12:17:55 pm »

http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2012/05/justice_denied_barbara_k_roman.html

And the comments (many of which have been deleted) about cutting legal aid are terrible:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"With liberty and justice for all... except if it costs anything...."

Meanwhile they look to me and say I should do it (for free and actually at a financial loss), because everyone wants my services, and no one wants to pay for it. Same with the doctors.... I've noticed that everyone's got an idea, but suddenly they scatter when the bill for said ideas comes due.... It's amazing really. Due to the massive amounts of people trying not to pay me, win lose or draw, I can't do pro bono work this year very much. Shit, the law books on my wall alone are worth $25,000.... I should provide their contents for nothing?

I put together a fund raiser and made sure to invite some of the more affluent members of the bar as well. They showed up and ate the food, gave little....
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:25:41 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46975 on: May 21, 2012, 12:38:06 pm »

Frankly, I think the country is in a slow-motion death spiral. Nobody can afford anything anymore, because the people who provide it have to spend too much to make it available.

Legal services and medical services are expensive because lawyers and doctors rack up insane education expenses.
Food is too expensive because more and more of it is imported and/or the end product of a crazy long production-chain.
People have to demand higher salaries because of the cost of living, but aren't getting them. Look at me: I don't care about getting rich. I just want the bills paid. Unfortunately, that means I pretty much can't take a job for less than $40-50K/yr, because of the cost of childcare, insurance, etc.

This means that my chances to do what I actually want to do for living are miniscule. Nobody's going to pay me that much without years of experience. Add to that that I'd likely need to move the family to D.C., and I really couldn't take anything below $60K/yr. And we're one of the better cases...our mortgage is quite affordable, we have no car payments, and my student loan isn't that bad. But that $30K in debt I racked up getting a Master's Degree? HUGE mistake. My master's isn't worth the paper it's printed on. It's a fucking cerebral hood ornament.

Part of me just wants to say "All of this can go fuck itself", find a quiet piece of land somewhere, and just do subsistence farming and try to enjoy the years I have left.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46976 on: May 21, 2012, 12:49:42 pm »

I want to make a flying micro-nation. Come and live with me!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46977 on: May 21, 2012, 12:50:13 pm »

I just want to pay off this fucking loan. $800 dollars a month in student loans. Guh.

I don't even know what I want out of life anymore, though. I'm just going through the motions. Once I pay off the student loan, at least my costs will be minimal. Except the stupid bullshit healthcare law that means I have to buy insurance now, of course. So my dream of just throwing it all to the wind and going on walkabout is pretty much dead.

I was <-----> this close to finally freeing myself of these fucking shackles of monthly bills and having a bit of breathing room and now I'll never be able to. :/ So I'm going to end up working solely to pay off something the government if forcing me to buy.

Ah, well. Secondary plan is to save up enough money to get out of the country, so I guess that's what I'm doing now. But I know it's going to be too little, too late. I very much doubt I'm going to make it to the point where I get to see it.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #46978 on: May 21, 2012, 12:52:40 pm »

ouch! I though paying 450 a month on student loans was bad.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46979 on: May 21, 2012, 12:55:11 pm »

Y'know, all this complaining about money and costs and stuff reminds me of one of the reasons why it's good to be Canadian. Socialized healthcare (Or whatever the hell it's called. I'm too lazy to look it up ATM).
Pages: 1 ... 3130 3131 [3132] 3133 3134 ... 8167