Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2875 2876 [2877] 2878 2879 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431819 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43140 on: February 09, 2012, 12:09:12 am »

I have just found the first person online who, within a day of poking around, made me desperately want to know them in real life.

I... *sigh*

I've got to spend less time on the net, or different time on the net, or something.
You could try contacting them online, depending on a number of factors, they may be open to establishing avenues of communication.

I've actually gotten to know a few people online. Like that crazy German communist janitor (who IIRC was actually born in Sweden or something). Or the really intelligent 12 year old Chinese girl. Neither of those lasted long, but it was interesting while it lasted. Give it a try, you might find they're as interested in you as you are in them, and you might even learn something about Karl Marx.
Shit i wish i could meet someone online, hell the closest one was Kogram and Angle back in colorado, i doubt any of you guys are in utah
Well the janitor I met, believe it or not, as a griefer on SS13, he was just weirdly philosophical and he asked if he could talk to me online sometime, I figured why the hell not, so I got to know him over AIM, which is not a client I recommend.

The Chinese girl I met over Omegle. You might try that...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #43141 on: February 09, 2012, 12:10:03 am »

I seem to have two kinds of days. Those that start out bad and get good by the end. And those that start out good and get bad by the end.

Someone remind me why I get out of bed in the morning.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43142 on: February 09, 2012, 12:11:34 am »

Ponies.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43143 on: February 09, 2012, 12:16:13 am »

I seem to have two kinds of days. Those that start out bad and get good by the end. And those that start out good and get bad by the end.

Simple. If the day starts bad, by your own logic it will get better. I find it better to end a day on a high note, rather than begin one.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43144 on: February 09, 2012, 12:18:14 am »

Ugh Doublepost.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:53:54 pm by Solifuge »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43145 on: February 09, 2012, 12:19:23 am »

Because if you don't, you forfeit any chance of making your day better.

Regarding meeting folks on the net, my roomie hangs out with some of his internet friends from neighboring states fairly regularly. One crashed here the other night... a bright and immensely cool registered nurse, who is great to talk with. It sucks that he's so far away, because I enjoy his company immensely.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43146 on: February 09, 2012, 12:22:50 am »

Simple. If the day starts bad, by your own logic it will get better. I find it better to end a day on a high note, rather than begin one.
Ehn... I've found that starting the day off well makes whatever happens after, better.

Thus I woke up at 3-4 in the morning for four or five years and spent four or five hours lounging about (including breakfast and room for an hour long ablution) before going and doing something else. Starting the day off mellow makes the rest of the day go down smooth~

As for getting out of bed... eh. Sensation started being enough for me a several years back. After not-feeling due to bad medication reaction for a few months, feeling anything became borderline bliss. Feel the wind, Janet. Feel the wind. It is sublime.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #43147 on: February 09, 2012, 06:43:53 am »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43148 on: February 09, 2012, 11:53:27 am »

Hate to say this, but I agree.  I watched a few seasons and enjoyed it quite a bit, but then it became clear that it was pretty much about UST and UST only.  There was never going to be any real character development.

Anyway, my sad du jour is that I apparently can't really eat (huzzah, another morning where I just couldn't finish breakfast, despite being ravenous), and I'm reading The Bell Jar.  That novel is brilliant, to be sure, absolutely brilliant, but it's... disgusting.  Appealingly so, but all the same it's real hard to read.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43149 on: February 09, 2012, 12:06:25 pm »

Hate to say this, but I agree.  I watched a few seasons and enjoyed it quite a bit, but then it became clear that it was pretty much about UST and UST only.  There was never going to be any real character development.
To spoil things a bit.

There was some development, Cuddy adopted a kid, she and house had a relationship, which then naturally got broken off, there was a whole bunch of stuff about house being an addict, trying to reform, failing, trying again etc. etc.

His team also gets swapped around every season. I'm sad about what happened to my favourite character though.  :-[

There's also the endless mindgames. They're mostly superfluous and silly, but once or twice they're actually fairly in depth, like real mindgames are... Although real mindgames are hard to express on screen, so I guess that's why they generally stick to the old married couple shtick.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43150 on: February 09, 2012, 12:10:21 pm »

Ah, I should say: I got to season 5 or something, wherever the start of the section where he goes into rehab is.  I always really enjoyed the season finales, and I actually thought that the season with Amber was the best/most interesting one by far (though I've never been able to resist a tournament arc >_<), but somehow the intermediary stuff was not an attraction.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43151 on: February 09, 2012, 12:14:47 pm »

My dad wanted to know about my financial situation with taking a semester off, okay fine I'll ge-

gotta interrupt your own lecture on how you gotta know this and take time from that busy schedule to berate me on not focusing on things. Ugh, fine whatever, I'll get to explaining the situation.

He doesn't understand? I must be lying about something. No way loans can be this complicated right?

Show you the page? fine, I can do that. You won't understand any of it, ask what it is and proceed to repeat the first lecture again and berate me on some irrelevant  crap.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43152 on: February 09, 2012, 12:23:31 pm »

My dad wanted to know about my financial situation with taking a semester off, okay fine I'll ge-

gotta interrupt your own lecture on how you gotta know this and take time from that busy schedule to berate me on not focusing on things. Ugh, fine whatever, I'll get to explaining the situation.

He doesn't understand? I must be lying about something. No way loans can be this complicated right?

Show you the page? fine, I can do that. You won't understand any of it, ask what it is and proceed to repeat the first lecture again and berate me on some irrelevant  crap.
im glad my total interest each year is around 200 bucks, can pay that off easy.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43153 on: February 09, 2012, 12:48:06 pm »

im glad my total interest each year is around 200 bucks, can pay that off easy.

This is pretty much how my parents are.... They seem to ask "what do you mean X?" a lot. I mean X and that's why I said X.... Did I stutter or something?

For whatever it's worth, I feel you on that. Parents simply do not get it and do not want to get it. They think their approval or disapproval means anything at all.... Nope. Not when it comes to student loans. O, "what's that?" You don't like it Dad? It couldn't be that way because that doesn't seem fair to you, and who are we kidding, it simply isn't fair? Gee dad, I'll tell them that.... I'm sure they'll give a damn.... No, the problem of the last generation is that they just didn't care to look into things and the messy details, so things went haywire and now it's catching up.... "Make it simple." No, the world isn't simple.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43154 on: February 09, 2012, 01:00:00 pm »

Shit my dad just gave me one directive: his name is not on any promissory note :I
im stuck on the stafford loans and definitely cant move up.
Pages: 1 ... 2875 2876 [2877] 2878 2879 ... 8167