Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2854 2855 [2856] 2857 2858 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428174 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42825 on: February 02, 2012, 07:27:51 pm »

My lack of ambition is interfering with my life. I lost it when I was young and there was a lot of problems to face. Of course, being someone who's going to college later this year, this problem is very much unneeded, since I find no interest in college anymore.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42826 on: February 02, 2012, 07:32:34 pm »

Purpose is greater than ambition. Find something good to do, gain the skills you need, and then do it.

+1 for ambition-loss buddy, though. I lost that somewhere before puberty. Kept myself going forward with curiosity and finding interesting ways to spend time, mostly. Don't really feel the loss, and seeing what some people do to fulfill theres... ehn. I think I'm happier without ambition. Goals can be pretty effective even without the self-aggrandizement.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42827 on: February 02, 2012, 11:05:17 pm »

I'm losing any and all interest in dating and romantic relationships.  Like, at all.  It's like my social bulbs are broken or something, not that my skills have gone away, but that I mostly just don't feel lonely anymore.  Intellectually lonely, yes; people-lonely, no.  On the other hand, for some reason my creativity and interest in reading, sense of humor, etc. are all coming back.

I don't know, really.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42828 on: February 02, 2012, 11:18:38 pm »

I'm losing any and all interest in dating and romantic relationships.  Like, at all.
*highfive*

Wait, is that bad? I can never hold any genuine interest in pursuing a romantic relationship for more than like five minutes (no crude jokes intended) and I've never really felt a sustained urge toward it in my life. I'm older than you Vec, by th'by.

Part of that's due to the area I'm in, but a lot of it... I'unno. Do people really need romantic/passionate/cohabitant relationships to live a happy and fulfilling life? I see a lot of people saying so, but no solid proof and plenty of counterexamples. Plenty of positive examples, too, but that just seems to reinforce that once can probably get by without it. Companionship might be needed, but this needlessly complex mating ritual type shenanigans a lot of us monkeys seem to be all aflutter about seems  kinda' superfluous to happiness.

In any case, no one really bothered to pass out the handbook for social interaction in my life, so winging it's been the default. I guess what I'm saying is if that's what happens for yeh, Vec, it's what happens. If you're still happy, why worry?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42829 on: February 02, 2012, 11:24:11 pm »

but that I mostly just don't feel lonely anymore
That is very sad to hear... I really hope you don't give up on love.

I have a song all about that very sentiment in my signature.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42830 on: February 02, 2012, 11:33:28 pm »

I really enjoyed the one I was in, in certain ways, until it went totally crap-wards.  Now it's so far in the past that it almost feels like it never happened, and certainly not to the me that I am now.  I'd like to want to search again, because I know that in the long run I don't want to end up alone, but the young men around here disinterest me and it's hard to feel anything for them at all but dislike.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42831 on: February 02, 2012, 11:40:23 pm »

Well what sort of guy would you be interested in? Is he an artistic introvert who spends many hours with his thoughts? Is he a toned sportsman with a sly wink? Is he a friendly engineer who can not only fix it when it breaks, but make it better. Come on, enjoy the fantasy a little, objectify! Now, how do you come into contact with gentlemen of that nature? Figure that out, and go fishing.

Then one day you will fall for a guy who is nothing like you imagined, the fishing is just to keep you occupied until he turns up. It is good fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42832 on: February 02, 2012, 11:56:20 pm »

See, the problem is that I'm 22 and I know damn well that I'm too young, unlearned, and immature for the dude that I want.  The person I'm looking for would probably, at this age, be just as introverted as I am, if not more so...

*shrug*

I kind of hate waiting, but what else can I do?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42833 on: February 03, 2012, 12:00:49 am »

Don't worry, somebody will clone Genghis Khan eventually.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42834 on: February 03, 2012, 12:02:28 am »

The person I'm looking for would probably, at this age, be just as introverted as I am

Hmm, tough call. Looks like you are going to need to try to find somebody just as introverted as you are, and apparently they don't get out much. Still, if you are observant then you can sometimes spot a lonely guy sitting at the back of the room.

And it will be amazing.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42835 on: February 03, 2012, 12:17:24 am »

Go for an older guy? D:

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42836 on: February 03, 2012, 12:17:50 am »

Course, time travel would need to be involved, so that he could be old and wise right now.

But then we may as well just go and get the origional in that case.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42837 on: February 03, 2012, 12:21:01 am »

I'm not looking for the lonely guy sitting in the back of the room who just wishes some pretty girl would come over and talk to him.  I get way too many of those guys already, and I don't want 'em.  At all.  I'm looking for a guy who spends a long time being on the alone side and makes his peace with that, and then eventually figures he'll go do something else.

I'm not saying "No one before you, Vector! :3"  I'm just saying that I don't think that the outgoing guys or the super-needy nerd guys are going to work, and the people who are in-between are, like myself, not really out on the open market at this point.

Go for an older guy? D:

I would, but I'm just too young.  I have a pretty good idea of what adult-me wants, but I'm still a pretty childish person in general.  Rather, I can feel those parts of myself that still simply aren't grown enough, even if I'm mostly good at hiding them, and... now isn't the time.

Course, time travel would need to be involved, so that he could be old and wise right now.

But then we may as well just go and get the origional in that case.

Or, yeah, I'd still go for Genghis Khan  :-[

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42838 on: February 03, 2012, 12:43:06 am »

I'm kind of disillusioned with romance myself, in fact I think I've kind of resolved to die a virgin. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me, at one point it did, but not any more.

Maybe you should just wait until you're older and one of those math teachers becomes available?

I'm honestly not sure.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42839 on: February 03, 2012, 01:16:49 am »

Well i always wanted to get into a pit fight with the world's toughest opponents, that meant taking a roundhouse kick by Chuck, sucker punch Godzilla, drunk battle with Jackie, and best one was drink outta of Genghis Khan's skull as it instantly sours any juice i pour in.
Pages: 1 ... 2854 2855 [2856] 2857 2858 ... 8167