Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2856 2857 [2858] 2859 2860 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424380 times)

timotheus

• Bay Watcher
  • New to Dwarf Fortress.. Long time ASCII gamer..
    • View Profile
    • Home
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42855 on: February 03, 2012, 02:23:56 pm »

@Vector That's a really mature position to take, and I wish I had done that when I was your age. I didn't start dating or anything until college, and then it sort of derailed my life. I wish I had just kept everything platonic, and could be clear-headed for my courses.

There's nothing wrong with declaring your non-interest in a relationship, and focus on you+studies+anime+games for a while. Maybe in a couple months re-approaching the topic will be a good idea for you.
twitter: @timotheus
email: tim@hithlonde.com
xmpp: tim@hithlonde.com

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42856 on: February 03, 2012, 03:31:33 pm »

Might I suggest you ask to be put out? That's what I did when I got my 4 wisdom teeth out.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

timotheus

• Bay Watcher
  • New to Dwarf Fortress.. Long time ASCII gamer..
    • View Profile
    • Home
« Reply #42857 on: February 03, 2012, 03:46:58 pm »

I cannot relax. My whole lunch break, I tried to play a game, or read, or something. Ended up reading documentation.

I AM TURNING INTO MY FATHER!

He's a great guy, but his inability to relax is something I could do without.

Now, back to integrating command line arguments into my python script..
twitter: @timotheus
email: tim@hithlonde.com
xmpp: tim@hithlonde.com

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42858 on: February 03, 2012, 04:05:22 pm »

What the fuck is wrong. Something is wrong with my internet. Youtube takes like ten minutes to buffer a minute of video. I have never had any issue just watching a video with no buffering, now I can not watch them even with it.

What is going on?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42859 on: February 03, 2012, 04:08:05 pm »

What the fuck is wrong. Something is wrong with my internet. Youtube takes like ten minutes to buffer a minute of video. I have never had any issue just watching a video with no buffering, now I can not watch them even with it.

What is going on?
dial up is back for trolling?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42860 on: February 03, 2012, 04:11:39 pm »

The thing is, I'm not seeing this lag anywhere else. No lag on loading forum pages. No lag on flash games. Nothing anywhere.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42861 on: February 03, 2012, 04:24:01 pm »

I feel like I hate my job for no reason. I just want to lay down in a pile of gravel and cry. Maybe die. Or get a job teaching. Death or teaching, either would be good. (I assume they would cease being good enough if either where a real option) I don't know. I don't know anything right now. God, I hate feeling like this and the worst part is that as far as I can tell there's not even a reason for me to feel like this.

I've barely slept in two nights because I don't want to go to bed, I've got nothing done and despite being awake longer I feel like I've done nothing but run out of time. I'm not going to work on time, and I'm running the risk of getting fired - when I get to work, I don't get anything done anyways.

I know that feel man, you're too stressed and your job sucks. You're good at it though right? Just didn't turn out the way you expected? You should try something new, like a new industry completely. Don't let yourself get boxed in man, you're young enough to be able to do whatever you want, maybe try for some more studies or something. That's what I'm doing, I feel the same way as you, so I'm trying for Uni.

Seriously man, once you have some new stuff happening in you life you feel fully awesome again.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #42862 on: February 03, 2012, 04:30:31 pm »

You know what's funny about people trying to tell me that I told them something completely stupid? I write memos for legal opinions and don't really give them outside of that. So, the funny thing is, I have the stuff I gave this person all in writing, like all of it.... Pages upon pages.

People hear what they want to hear and then try to say I told them it was ok. I'm not validating delusions, especially from people who aren't paying me. It used to bother me a little, hearing stupid legally incorrect things. It's sorta like hearing 7+3=42. It sorta makes you pay attention and bothers you. Sorta like someone saying the sky is beige with a red polka dot pattern. It doesn't make sense. Now I just don't care until and unless it's a client situation.

She tried to take my silence as an assent to whatever nonsense she was spewing at the time. Nopes.

<---- Not obligated to correct stupidity. :D [sigh]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #42863 on: February 03, 2012, 04:32:11 pm »

Truean, do you ever get clients who aren't complete retards?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42864 on: February 03, 2012, 04:33:02 pm »

Truean, do you ever get clients who aren't complete retards?
Vocal minority man. Vocal minority.

Shit did my hopes in humanity just get restored lately?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42865 on: February 03, 2012, 04:35:37 pm »

The thing is, I'm not seeing this lag anywhere else. No lag on loading forum pages. No lag on flash games. Nothing anywhere.
Guess your ISP is having problems with YouTube then.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42866 on: February 03, 2012, 04:39:31 pm »

IMHO, ideally a romantic relationship should be one of those things that just sorta accidentally happens while you're going about the rest of your life.
The problem is that there's a lot of social pressure to find one RIGHT NOW. I sympathize...I remember what it was like.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42867 on: February 03, 2012, 05:51:37 pm »

I'd be fine with the lack of romance, but right now I can tell you that "8 years from now" seems so far off as to be nearly non-extant.  Like... wow, that's more than a third of the time I've lived, again.  Who am I going to be?  Where am I going to be?  I have no clue.  I don't really mind, exactly, but at the moment I kind of just can't imagine being alive that long.

Also, brb, entering academic hibernation.  I'll probably be mostly gone, other than from the mafia board, for about a month.

Why?

Because I have too fucking much work, which is piling on more and more heavily daily, and it's either regular posting or the occasional reading/vidjagames/japanese animes.  Don't worry, I'll be back soon enough to complain about bad fanfiction.  For now, though, I have several hundred pages of textbook to learn and a heaping pile of problem sets to finish by Monday.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42868 on: February 03, 2012, 05:54:43 pm »

The problem is that there's a lot of social pressure to find one RIGHT NOW.
There is? That's screwed up.

Also, brb, entering academic hibernation.
For me, academic hibernation means that I sleep in class during the colder seasons :V

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42869 on: February 03, 2012, 07:12:31 pm »

Also, brb, entering academic hibernation.  I'll probably be mostly gone, other than from the mafia board, for about a month.

Why?

Because I have too fucking much work, which is piling on more and more heavily daily, and it's either regular posting or the occasional reading/vidjagames/japanese animes.  Don't worry, I'll be back soon enough to complain about bad fanfiction.  For now, though, I have several hundred pages of textbook to learn and a heaping pile of problem sets to finish by Monday.
Well I'm glad I know for sure this time so I don't have to hold another eulogy about Vector turning super villain... Unless this is a euphemism for Vector turning super villain.

So I sat down to play the piano again, and I was doing good, great in fact. I was managing to actually more or less keep the rhythm, except there was so much noise and harassment from the dogs.

Yes, I know, I love you too, please stop licking my foot, it's trying to press down on my bitchin' new pedal.
No, I'm not going to let you out to chase the joggers, no matter how much you bark at them, the police threatened to cite us if they catch you on the road one more time, and I'm pretty sure that leads to fines/confiscation of doggies. I highly doubt you want to be confiscated, so please don't run down the road holding up joggers and police cars while wearing a [citation needed] doggy sized sandwich board.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:35:20 pm by Pnx »
Pages: 1 ... 2856 2857 [2858] 2859 2860 ... 8167