Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2772 2773 [2774] 2775 2776 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455388 times)

Yannanth

« Reply #41595 on: January 03, 2012, 05:35:57 pm »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:21:10 am by Yannanth »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #41596 on: January 03, 2012, 07:17:56 pm »

-snip-

Cheers for explaining. I read the article already. I'm surprised there isn't a way for a lawyer to refuse to represent on grounds they can't reveal due to client confidentiality. I suppose it would get abused.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #41597 on: January 03, 2012, 08:18:04 pm »

stuttering

I had a terrible speech impediment as a kid and now I speak for a living (or at least that's a big part of it). You're smart and diligent. A good speech therapist goes a long way with this. You are wonderful; never forget this.

-snip-

Cheers for explaining. I read the article already. I'm surprised there isn't a way for a lawyer to refuse to represent on grounds they can't reveal due to client confidentiality. I suppose it would get abused.

Happy to help, and I share your surprise. You can ask the judge to be removed "for ethical reasons," but they don't always grant that and some judges never do. Sometimes it wouldn't matter, because the guy would create the same problem for the next lawyer anyhow....
Bar association meets in actual bar.... Allegedly this is where "networking" occurs. I'm not into football, what can I say? I'm cliche' in that regard. That's the bulk of what they discuss. I've also been trying to greatly reduce my drinking.... Not a whole lot there.... Also, my boss continues to say my research is his research, as in he personally did it..... I have a co worker who is actually something akin to a decent human being though. He acknowledges my efforts, which in turn magically makes me more willing to perform various tasks for him that make his job easier....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:23:34 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41598 on: January 03, 2012, 08:26:02 pm »

stuttering

I had a terrible speech impediment as a kid and now I speak for a living (or at least that's a big part of it). You're smart and diligent. A good speech therapist goes a long way with this. You are wonderful; never forget this.

When I was in elementary school the school had to take me to a speech therapist every day due to various stuttering and speech impediments. The only speech issues standing in my way nowadays are a crippling sense of self-esteem and a confusion over social protocols, with a brief relapse during traumatic moments. And I'm neither smart nor diligent.

You can do it Vector! I even heard you talk during one of your streams, perhaps you could look into the differences between talking to an anonymous face of the internet through a mic vs. face-to-face interactions and get a better perspective on where you can improve.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41599 on: January 03, 2012, 09:07:05 pm »

Vector, Study the works of Lionel Logue, his training is amazing and that's what I used during speech class to clear my stuttering.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41600 on: January 03, 2012, 10:38:30 pm »

My stuttering's been getting a lot worse recently, and I've been having a lot more problems with substituting letters in the wrong places, like saying "bigrade" instead of "brigade," or having the south end of a sentence dissolve into nonsensical babbling noises.  Vowel-bending, too...

Ah, when I get severe migraines nearly every word I say gets spoonerised... I remember once in highschool I had a super-migraine and I asked the teacher to let me go to the sickbay he merely bitchily said 'Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. Say again please.'

After three tries of 'Tister Mimewell, ploud I kease to goo the bicksay?' I got shitty and wrote it out on paper, then walked up to the sickbay.

Then I asked the nurse 'Pan I clease pav some Hanadol? Hi medache is beely rahd. Aspirin turks woo.'

She looked at me like I was some kind of a retarded person, until i went over to the medical cabinet and pulled out the paracetamol.

So Vector, I can empathise.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41601 on: January 03, 2012, 10:46:03 pm »

I mince words up a bit sometimes, but that's normal, everyone does it from time to time (although some of us a little more than others). I've never had issues with stuttering...
Well there was that one time, but that was a bit of an exception.

I have noticed that recently I seem to have started to become a little bit dyslexic, which is kind of disturbing. It's probably nothing but my crazy paranoid side is screaming in the back of brain going "YOU GOT DAT DERE ALTZHEIMERS OR SUMTHIN".
But crazy paranoid side is crazy paranoid, I generally just ignore it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41602 on: January 03, 2012, 10:47:56 pm »

You don't see memory problems till you are 40 unless you got some mental health issues already.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41603 on: January 03, 2012, 10:56:29 pm »

I'm sad because Pnx is frighteningly similar to me, with many of the same problems. I don't suppose that paranoid fears of memory problems being due to early Alzheimer's is common among the world's population? No, I thought not.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41604 on: January 03, 2012, 10:58:40 pm »

It's a bit more common than you'd think, I think. I get a bit jittery about that too, considering m'madre has issues with memory and word choice more often nowadays*. I've heard it come up in conversation between folks my own age, too, enough that it's not something that's completely under the radar.

*Mind you, that's almost certainly the drug use earlier in her life, but the fear's there.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41605 on: January 03, 2012, 11:02:15 pm »

Yay, paranoid fear buddies!

Another one for me is that it likes to think that all the moles that popped up over the last few years are "OMG SINK CANCAR!". When it's probably just because of all the sunny places I've been too...

Oh god, the horrible, horrible, sun.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #41606 on: January 03, 2012, 11:03:02 pm »

All the men on both sides of my family suffer crippling Alzheimers by their mid-70's.  It makes for a very strong sense of "you have this much time at most."
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #41607 on: January 03, 2012, 11:08:36 pm »

Pnx makes me realise so, so badly something. I'm so god damn pale that I think I literally can't tan and I sunburn so easily I take an umbrella outside.

Am... I at risk for skin cancer or something? Oh boy that would just be the icing on the cake of my health problems if It was a big risk.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #41608 on: January 03, 2012, 11:09:44 pm »

Ugh, saw a preview for a move about a kid who loses his dad during 9/11. I'm not sure if I'm sad because the plot sounds really damn depressing, or that someone is making a 9/11 movie already.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41609 on: January 03, 2012, 11:12:31 pm »

Ugh, saw a preview for a move about a kid who loses his dad during 9/11. I'm not sure if I'm sad because the plot sounds really damn depressing, or that someone is making a 9/11 movie already.
We've already had like, three 9/11 movies :|
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2772 2773 [2774] 2775 2776 ... 8167