Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2714 2715 [2716] 2717 2718 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434987 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40725 on: December 13, 2011, 08:50:24 pm »

My sister up and decided she was going out today with her friends. This means I have to do two people's worth of chores on my own. I'm mildly grumpy, but Fever Ray is helping me feel good. That shit's da bomb.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40726 on: December 13, 2011, 08:51:21 pm »

Working for a living sucks. We need to build robots to do all the menial stuff so we can all sit around and be a caste of decadent philosophers and whatnot.

I consider having a job where I can zone out and goof off to be philosophical enough.  I'm getting paid to stand around, alone with my thoughts.  The only problem is how much I'm paid.  I think my thoughts are valuable.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40727 on: December 13, 2011, 08:52:40 pm »

Working for a living sucks. We need to build robots to do all the menial stuff so we can all sit around and be a caste of decadent philosophers and whatnot.

I consider having a job where I can zone out and goof off to be philosophical enough.  I'm getting paid to stand around, alone with my thoughts.  The only problem is how much I'm paid.  I think my thoughts are valuable.

Okay, let me rephrase: Menial and/or physical labor sucks. Sure, some people enjoy it, but it's just not for me.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40728 on: December 13, 2011, 09:57:54 pm »

Yeah, they always say that about taking a year off while you're in college, too, but I still somehow managed to come back.

The other thing is that I am absolutely determined to get a PhD in math.  It was for this reason that I thought I'd better spend a little time saving cash and getting used to being independent from my parents, so that I don't experience quite the same explosion of misery I did upon graduating from high school.

Also, I'm a math major who speaks 5 languages and has a little programming proficiency.  I'm actually not that worried about getting a job.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40729 on: December 13, 2011, 10:23:13 pm »

Heehee Vector, I'm a professional writing diploma holder who speaks 1 and 1/2 languages with a tiny amount of programming proficiency.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40730 on: December 13, 2011, 10:30:40 pm »

I get the feeling that if I sign up for more esoteric programming options it will help me conceptualize my math studies. That is really the only major block in the way of me being a programmer.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40731 on: December 13, 2011, 10:37:46 pm »

I get the feeling that if I sign up for more esoteric programming options it will help me conceptualize my math studies. That is really the only major block in the way of me being a programmer.
Professor: Amazing! how does that program works?
Me: I dunno, i just type some shit and hopefully it goes through without some syntax error.

Never saw the challenge of math in programming, then again im not making folding programs so wouldn't know the true pain.  science suck though, GODDAMNIT IT FALLS AT 9.8m/s GET IT RIGHT YOU STUPID ENGINE.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40732 on: December 13, 2011, 10:42:30 pm »

*9.8m/s/s
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40733 on: December 13, 2011, 10:46:49 pm »

*9.8m/s/s
space game, no acceleration, I FOOLED YOU.

Gravity is easy but telling it to stop at terminal velocity is nearly retarded, i think i put in 56 lines just for declaring terminal velocity vs. mass vs. gravity.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40734 on: December 13, 2011, 10:48:35 pm »

Professor: Amazing! how does that program works?
Me: I dunno, i just type some shit and hopefully it goes through without some syntax error.

My high school Java classes in two sentences.  I handed in programs that she was absolutely certainly shouldn't even compile let alone function, and I was worlds ahead of everyone else in class.

Then I graduated and never touched programming again.  I open up my Java files now, I don't even know what the stuff means.  Of all the things I really wish I'd stuck with, programming is probably the top of the list.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40735 on: December 13, 2011, 10:50:08 pm »

*9.8m/s/s

Gravity is easy but telling it to stop at terminal velocity is nearly retarded, i think i put in 56 lines just for declaring terminal velocity vs. mass vs. gravity.
Why would there be terminal velocity in a space game? You shouldn't be falling at all.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40736 on: December 13, 2011, 10:52:36 pm »

Yeah, there's no air resistance in space. lern2physics.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40737 on: December 13, 2011, 10:53:36 pm »

*9.8m/s/s

Why would there be terminal velocity in a space game? You shouldn't be falling at all.
that last part is just a example of my programming, if that work then i broke physics again.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #40738 on: December 13, 2011, 10:55:48 pm »

I'm very disappointed.  I played All Points Bulletin and it feels like it could be a really good game but holy fuck it's wonky.  It reminds me of when I played Second Life to see the I am Legend game they made in it. 

The controls and mechanics are awful.  The guns combine realism-shooter recoil with arcade-shooter damage, so if you burst you won't kill them and if you spray you won't kill them, but they always kill you because it's a freemium game with better guns if you pay.  The cars are completely impossible to drive, it feels like they replaced the tires with clay skateboard wheels.

All it really did was make me want to play Global Agenda again.  That's a fun shooter.  If APB had more polish it could be great, the premise and all of that is awesome, but the execution is horrible.
Shoes...

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40739 on: December 13, 2011, 10:57:04 pm »

I used to hate being 25 honestly. Then I realized despite feeling old (Yeah i know it's not old shut up) I look 14 at most still according to friends and family. So... Yay?

Thankfully people believe my ID now too.
The only thing I ever hated about 25 was that 5 is a crap number, now that I'm 26 shit's just awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 2714 2715 [2716] 2717 2718 ... 8167