Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2687 2688 [2689] 2690 2691 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438240 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40320 on: November 30, 2011, 01:58:29 pm »

Dentists ain't too bad.

Unless they stick syringes into your dental nerves, that is.

Also, gotta do a presentation on 3D tomorrow, and it's surprisingly difficult finding any info on it that's not somehow Wikipedia. Also, I'm teamed up with a girl with whom I've never talked with until this assignment came up, and we both barely understand each other's languages.

This is going to be fun.[/snarkasm]

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40321 on: November 30, 2011, 02:05:52 pm »

I don't get this fear of hositals and dentists, they won't try and hurt you or anything :/

Needles poking through my skin.. or gums (at the dentist)..
I truly hate needles..

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40322 on: November 30, 2011, 02:08:14 pm »

Trying to download the technic pack. Issue is it comes with about a billion mods, 80% of which seem to have no documentation in the mod or the web site and like 50% or so are shit.

I am basically failing to find a way to get what I want other then just turning them off one by one, making a new world, then trying to play until some stupid mod that I hate shows up (Or I mod I do like fails to show up).

Sad face.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40323 on: November 30, 2011, 02:09:23 pm »

Or you can just download the mods you want and leave it at that?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40324 on: November 30, 2011, 02:11:11 pm »

The issue is I don't know what mods I want. I want the technic pack and some of the cool add ons, but because of the lack of documentation I can not tell what the add ons I want are.

Edit: Also. I don't really know what I want even then. I mean. Mo Critters sounds cool, but that is a lot of shite to just add to the game. Same thing with [FRENCH NAMED VILLAGE MOD]
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:16:54 pm by Criptfeind »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #40325 on: November 30, 2011, 02:55:37 pm »

The atmosphere at work is poisonous. The worker morale is down and so is productivity. The big boss came on nights for a week to get a better understanding of what we do. Afterwards he agreed with a number of our complaints and changed things to fix them. Now nearly two weeks later things have changed back at his demand.

On a related note we've all found out how the big boss talks about us behind our backs. We always assumed it would be bad but he really has no care for us at all. This worries me what with the loosening of employment rights that are coming soon here in the UK.

Employment rights are going to "loosen up" almost everywhere in the coming years. That makes me sad today.

I kind of expected the news to get people working harder but at our store, at least, it's made the morale problems worse which has lowered productivity further. A lot of people who have worked there for years are suddenly joining the union.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #40326 on: November 30, 2011, 03:25:05 pm »

The creator of 'Mole' (Krecik, Krtek, Myyra etc) have died :C
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #40327 on: November 30, 2011, 05:33:18 pm »

Also, gotta do a presentation on 3D tomorrow, and it's surprisingly difficult finding any info on it that's not somehow Wikipedia.

3D as in 3D computer modeling/animation?  What kind of info do you need?

The atmosphere at work is poisonous. The worker morale is down and so is productivity. The big boss came on nights for a week to get a better understanding of what we do. Afterwards he agreed with a number of our complaints and changed things to fix them. Now nearly two weeks later things have changed back at his demand.

On a related note we've all found out how the big boss talks about us behind our backs. We always assumed it would be bad but he really has no care for us at all. This worries me what with the loosening of employment rights that are coming soon here in the UK.

Employment rights are going to "loosen up" almost everywhere in the coming years. That makes me sad today.

I kind of expected the news to get people working harder but at our store, at least, it's made the morale problems worse which has lowered productivity further. A lot of people who have worked there for years are suddenly joining the union.

I'm in much the same position.  My shift is the misfit group of the office.  We're younger, more tech savvy, and more educated on average than all the other shifts, and we don't buy into bullshit easily, which angers upper management.  My senior manager has had a personal vendetta against me and several of my co-workers for years, as well as our manager who is a young geek like us who has been targeted by her for nearly ten years (to the point that he had to move out of state for a while when she forced him into another position through office politics). We're also that shift who is between days and nights, so we get neglected because we begin working just after upper management goes home, any fun or beneficial office events are scheduled for early days or late nights when the bulk of the workforce is here, and we get stuck with the worst parts of the office workload with the least amount of support.  Moral on my shift has been rock bottom for at least a couple years.  Everyone does the bare minimum, when we've proven repeatedly that we're capable of 10x the performance of any other group in the office.  It's been common knowledge among us for a while that we earn our year's salary in less then a week, and that the company is increasing profits while cutting our pay.  So myself and a couple others have even discussed and agreed that it's against our best interests to be productive, because all it does is help funnel money up to shareholders and executives, contributing to global wealth disparity, while not benefiting us in any way whatsoever....
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 05:48:36 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40328 on: November 30, 2011, 06:24:57 pm »

I used to worry as a child that my mother might be poisoning me. It was after I saw something on TV where a mother poisoned their kid to keep her sick all the time.

Yeah, something similar happened to my brother.  We watched some sort of documentary on this sort of thing and he was paranoid about it for a while.  He did have OCD, so that probably played into it.

I don't get this fear of hositals and dentists, they won't try and hurt you or anything :/

Needles poking through my skin.. or gums (at the dentist)..
I truly hate needles..

This.  I didn't fear much as a kid, but man I hated the dentist.  I finally mostly got over it, but I definitely don't like needles.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #40329 on: November 30, 2011, 06:29:40 pm »

I hear that kind of thing is actually disturbingly common.
Disturbingly common in that it happens at all? That's true. Disturbingly common that it happens a lot? Not really. Documented cases of Munchausen's by proxy are exceedingly rare. It just seems common because it's an attractive disease for You Can Panic Now news reports or crime dramas.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40330 on: December 01, 2011, 01:20:54 am »

I know I shouldn't be pining for people on the internet, but man, I suddenly miss Vector.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #40331 on: December 01, 2011, 02:24:59 am »

Anybody know if she's just taking a break?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40332 on: December 01, 2011, 02:55:04 am »

Finals approaching. Even I'm tearing out hair in study and currently loosing sleep over it. Give it two weeks and she'll be back and frayed from the previous month of literal book breaking.

She is gonna snap a dictionary in half.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #40333 on: December 01, 2011, 03:24:25 am »

I'm in much the same position.  My shift is the misfit group of the office.  We're younger, more tech savvy, and more educated on average than all the other shifts, and we don't buy into bullshit easily, which angers upper management.  My senior manager has had a personal vendetta against me and several of my co-workers for years, as well as our manager who is a young geek like us who has been targeted by her for nearly ten years (to the point that he had to move out of state for a while when she forced him into another position through office politics). We're also that shift who is between days and nights, so we get neglected because we begin working just after upper management goes home, any fun or beneficial office events are scheduled for early days or late nights when the bulk of the workforce is here, and we get stuck with the worst parts of the office workload with the least amount of support.  Moral on my shift has been rock bottom for at least a couple years.  Everyone does the bare minimum, when we've proven repeatedly that we're capable of 10x the performance of any other group in the office.  It's been common knowledge among us for a while that we earn our year's salary in less then a week, and that the company is increasing profits while cutting our pay.  So myself and a couple others have even discussed and agreed that it's against our best interests to be productive, because all it does is help funnel money up to shareholders and executives, contributing to global wealth disparity, while not benefiting us in any way whatsoever....

It really does sound like we're in similar boats. We're all stacking shelves but somehow are mostly well educated. Our management is constantly under attack from higher up despite our department being the only one that consistently hits targets. We are the night shift and never considered when they arrange Christmas dinner and similar. Our management have threatened to quit and on a number of occasions and change has been promised but never delivered. We won "best night shift in the region" this year, have won other awards before,  and hit our targets almost without fail but it's not enough. We've lost many of our more experienced colleagues and, while demanding more, they fail replace people. I could continue.

I really need to figure out what I want with life and make efforts towards that. This job is killing me and making me bitter. I feel trapped.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40334 on: December 01, 2011, 03:54:25 am »

It really does sound like we're in similar boats. We're all stacking shelves but somehow are mostly well educated. Our management is constantly under attack from higher up despite our department being the only one that consistently hits targets. We are the night shift and never considered when they arrange Christmas dinner and similar. Our management have threatened to quit and on a number of occasions and change has been promised but never delivered. We won "best night shift in the region" this year, have won other awards before,  and hit our targets almost without fail but it's not enough. We've lost many of our more experienced colleagues and, while demanding more, they fail replace people. I could continue.

I really need to figure out what I want with life and make efforts towards that. This job is killing me and making me bitter. I feel trapped.

This seems almost villainous.

I guess I'm sad since I want to get a job and get into the workforce, so I can contribute to society and regain my independence, but then I'm always hearing horror stories like that that where people wade through the market for months, only to get a job that is clearly demeaning to their intelligence, and the job atmosphere is becoming more toxic and soul crushing for those that do have employment.

It's kind of discouraging.
Pages: 1 ... 2687 2688 [2689] 2690 2691 ... 8167