Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2685 2686 [2687] 2688 2689 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438268 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40290 on: November 28, 2011, 08:00:14 pm »

Even then is there anything really wrong with whining when your not doing it to annoy people?

It seems like one of those rules people made up just so they wouldn't have to deal with it. Like no crying in public.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40291 on: November 28, 2011, 11:03:02 pm »

What the fuck Mom? Like, seriously, how the fuck did you break your reclining chair by bending the steel beams and hinges of the footrest... SIDEWAYS? Like, shit, that's just completely unsalvageable now, nothing's going to be able to bend it back to it's original shape so it can fold back into itself. And you did it by accident Mom? I'm supposed to believe that this absurd thing just happened by accident?

I have no idea how she's able to break the most indestructible things in impossible ways...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40292 on: November 28, 2011, 11:03:58 pm »

What the fuck Mom? Like, seriously, how the fuck did you break your reclining chair by bending the steel beams and hinges of the footrest... SIDEWAYS? Like, shit, that's just completely unsalvageable now, nothing's going to be able to bend it back to it's original shape so it can fold back into itself. And you did it by accident Mom? I'm supposed to believe that this absurd thing just happened by accident?

I have no idea how she's able to break the most indestructible things in impossible ways...

You obviously never been in labour

I've heard of women breaking bones with their vice grip. Though I am sure that is a myth.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #40293 on: November 28, 2011, 11:39:14 pm »

I've crushed quite a few chairs in the past
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40294 on: November 28, 2011, 11:44:02 pm »

I sat on a school chair which folded sideways, causing me to hit my nose on the table. Blood pours everywhere. School doesn't care.

2004, Year 7.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40295 on: November 28, 2011, 11:53:55 pm »

You obviously never been in labour

I've heard of women breaking bones with their vice grip. Though I am sure that is a myth.

I'm just saying, like, this is no little chair. This is a pretty large chair with heavy steel construction. I whacked at this thing with a ball-peen hammer for about 15 minutes, and set it on it's side and tried crushing the steel back into it's rightful place in life with my nebulous mass. Alas, the steel beams are as hard as steel.

I just can't get over that Mom will occasionally become a force of nature and just wreck shit for no reason.

I sat on a school chair which folded sideways, causing me to hit my nose on the table. Blood pours everywhere. School doesn't care.

2004, Year 7.

NEVER FORGET... erm...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #40296 on: November 29, 2011, 01:42:18 am »

I just can't make myself enjoy tonight. No matter how hard I'm trying to just be god damn happy.

I'm going to bed, hopefully the sleep does me good.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40297 on: November 29, 2011, 01:51:31 am »

Parents borrowed $500 from me. Family's finances don't look so good at the moment.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #40298 on: November 29, 2011, 03:09:00 am »

Parents borrowed $500 from me. Family's finances don't look so good at the moment.

I share your pain, parents borrowed 1200€ from me last christmas and so far I've gotten 200€ of it back. And now christmas is coming again...
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #40299 on: November 29, 2011, 03:31:02 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZMX6H6YY1M I have never cried to a piece of film before. But seriously, this managed it.
I hate myself right now for noticing this but the deaf father knew something was wrong because he heard a loud bang coming from upstairs. It made me tear up nonetheless but that's not saying much as I'm often moved to tears. I'm glad of this.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40300 on: November 29, 2011, 03:45:02 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZMX6H6YY1M I have never cried to a piece of film before. But seriously, this managed it.
I hate myself right now for noticing this but the deaf father knew something was wrong because he heard a loud bang coming from upstairs. It made me tear up nonetheless but that's not saying much as I'm often moved to tears. I'm glad of this.

I noticed that as well, but considered it in bad taste to point it out since I was crying so much. Hey, maybe he felt the vibrations through the floorboards or something, let's be gullible.

While that is simultaneously the best and saddest commercial I've ever seen, it must have wreaked havoc on Thailand's scheduled programming.

"How can I continue watching my game show WHEN I'M CRYING SO MUCH!?"

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40301 on: November 29, 2011, 01:34:31 pm »

I just missed my therapy appointment, for the third motherfucking week in a row. GOD DAMN I SUCK!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #40302 on: November 29, 2011, 05:29:55 pm »

Vet told me one of my cat's canines has to come out. Something about bacteria creating gasses pushing the tooth out, and no way to get rid of them. She said it won't hurt his eating cat food, but he's a hunting cat and I hate taking away my pets' natural defenses from them. Plus he's just gonna look goofy with one tooth, I'll have to start calling him Snagglepuss.

Poor guy. A cat with only one canine just ain't right.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40303 on: November 29, 2011, 06:30:14 pm »

A cat with only one canine just ain't right.
It's less wrong than a canine without a canine.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40304 on: November 29, 2011, 09:50:01 pm »

Just thought about the idea of whether you could use ferrofluid to make an artificial muscle. I get the feeling this has already been done, like all these ideas I occasionally have, and it's probably just plain unrealistic to boot.

For a minute there it had me excited, but now I'm just kind of sad. I should get a degree in magnetic engineering or something before I start dreaming up these things.
Pages: 1 ... 2685 2686 [2687] 2688 2689 ... 8167