Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2464 2465 [2466] 2467 2468 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435228 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36975 on: September 15, 2011, 06:37:34 pm »

Spoiler: Quote block (click to show/hide)
There is also the possibility that they are doing this sort of thing repeatedly.
Yes, and probably repeatedly ignoring it, because the only remedy destroys the scholarship program.
They're playing a weird game of chicken and sort of daring someone to call them on it and betting no one will, because doing so screws over a ton of deserving students....

Wow, just think about all the power they have to abuse by being able to determine who gets that.... :(

New entry for the evil overlord list.

Seriously, though, I'd still be more for the option of doing -something- about it. Would this be a serious crime? I admit I don't know any legal systems, but would it be possible to have them prosecuted for this?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #36976 on: September 15, 2011, 06:38:41 pm »

One of my favorite shirts doesn't fit anymore and I have stretch marks on my arms. I though working out was supposed to make me look better?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36977 on: September 15, 2011, 06:39:49 pm »

There is also the possibility that they are doing this sort of thing repeatedly.
Yes, and probably repeatedly ignoring it, because the only remedy destroys the scholarship program.
They're playing a weird game of chicken and sort of daring someone to call them on it and betting no one will, because doing so screws over a ton of deserving students....

Wow, just think about all the power they have to abuse by being able to determine who gets that.... :(

Seriously, though, I'd still be more for the option of doing -something- about it. Would this be a serious crime? I admit I don't know any legal systems, but would it be possible to have them prosecuted for this?

Not criminal, possible civil liability but ...eh.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36978 on: September 15, 2011, 06:40:50 pm »

One of my favorite shirts doesn't fit anymore and I have stretch marks on my arms. I though working out was supposed to make me look better?
Those stretch marks mean that your arms are growing rather fast, meaning your skin has a bid of trouble catching up (don't worry, you can't actually rip your skin, it'll just show some stretch marks for some time)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36979 on: September 15, 2011, 06:48:04 pm »

Not criminal, possible civil liability but ...eh.

Dammit.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36980 on: September 15, 2011, 07:22:48 pm »

Bought Serious Sam Double D, thought I would try it out.  I don't think I've ever played a game that I could confidently call obnoxious o_o  I'm not sure I can explain why the game got on my nerves, I think a lot of things bothered me about it, but I don't want to think about them right now.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36981 on: September 15, 2011, 07:47:27 pm »

I was arguing with middle schoolers at the library today about how anything made my Microsoft is guaranteed to suck. They wouldn't have any of it...brainwashing, I tell you!
What position were you fighting for? If anti-M$ then hooooo buddy, you are dead wrong.

It's every other thing they make that is guaranteed to suck.
Actually, MicroSoft has had far more hits than misses. The only really bad products they put out were Windows Me and DOS Four Point OH NO. The main reason for the rabid anti-MS hate is their business practices.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36982 on: September 15, 2011, 07:58:58 pm »

There was a bit of a trend for the Operating Systems alternating from huge hits to somewhat mediocre releases followed by more huge hits. Although that isn't where they got their reputation yeah. I still see Bill Gates as one suave motherfucker in the good way for some reason.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36983 on: September 15, 2011, 08:07:44 pm »

That's largely because Windows releases tend to be major innovations followed by refinements. 95 was a massive break from the DOS-based 3.1. 98 had many new features, but mostly was an improvement of 95. Likewise, XP was nothing more than a refined 2000, and 7 is a refined and improved Vista.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36984 on: September 15, 2011, 08:14:25 pm »

I was arguing with middle schoolers at the library today about how anything made my Microsoft is guaranteed to suck. They wouldn't have any of it...brainwashing, I tell you!
What position were you fighting for? If anti-M$ then hooooo buddy, you are dead wrong.

It's every other thing they make that is guaranteed to suck.
Actually, MicroSoft has had far more hits than misses. The only really bad products they put out were Windows Me and DOS Four Point OH NO.

The redesigned interface for the Microsoft Office product line and the modified start menu in Windows 7 and Windows Vista pretty terrible too, but they're still not nearly as bad as Apple.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #36985 on: September 15, 2011, 08:24:09 pm »

MS Ribbon is the antichrist.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #36986 on: September 15, 2011, 08:25:43 pm »

I will say that I vastly preferred Vista's Paint and Movie Maker to 7's.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #36987 on: September 15, 2011, 08:34:11 pm »

Here comes their newest innovation! Windows 8 is being developed specifically for tablet PCs. I was raging about it, but then it left a hollow pit in my stomach. So here I am.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36988 on: September 15, 2011, 08:36:39 pm »

Maybe I should switch to Linux or something...
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #36989 on: September 15, 2011, 08:39:36 pm »

That is precisley what I said.
Pages: 1 ... 2464 2465 [2466] 2467 2468 ... 8167