Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2374 2375 [2376] 2377 2378 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443758 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35625 on: August 20, 2011, 10:10:23 pm »

Honestly vector, I've seen you harsh before, and occasionally a little shortfused. But compared to some people here you're definitely not an asshole.

Can't say in other places, but here no. And that's all I have to go off of really.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

jrmy

• Bay Watcher
  • on break
    • View Profile
« Reply #35626 on: August 20, 2011, 10:12:45 pm »

I'm out of english breakfast.

guys, my life.. my life is just so hard :(

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35627 on: August 20, 2011, 10:16:53 pm »

I feel like I've been an asshole, for no discernible reason.
No way vector is a big jerk because she doesn't spoiler gin's images, we take so much offense to that that it's not even funny. Ridiculous amounts of offence, even. How dare you, vector, how dare you not spoiler your images. shunnn~

Don't beat yourself up about it.

I'm out of english breakfast.

guys, my life.. my life is just so hard :(
mo' like hardboiled! (get it? because an english breakfasts has eggs with it?)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:29:13 am by Heliman »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35628 on: August 20, 2011, 10:22:53 pm »

No, I feel like an asshole for winning, like I usually do ':I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35629 on: August 20, 2011, 10:23:56 pm »

If it's any consolation, I beat you preemptively while I was in elementary school. Technically.

EDIT: Also I think I should switch to your emulator cause I'd be on disc 2 right now if not for inopportune freezes and the occasional bluescreen.

MORE EDIT: And read this, it's consumed the last 5 hours of my life and there has been much laughter, presumably to the annoyance of the people trying to sleep in this house. >_____>

I can say nothing for the other person involved in the race, who I'm going to assume has already earned every character by now.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 10:34:26 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35630 on: August 20, 2011, 10:31:00 pm »

EDIT: Also I think I should switch to your emulator cause I'd be on disc 2 right now if not for inopportune freezes and the occasional bluescreen.

=/  It'd be sad if you lost only due to hardware challenges.

Hmmm... you should PM me about which Totally Legitimate Factory-Produced Playstation you're using.  I've had a good deal of experience with them in general.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35631 on: August 20, 2011, 10:33:09 pm »

I am well familiar with that feeling. Playing with friends, lots of drama and such, you eek out ahead and are an arms length from winning. But you get this sense of guilt, that you stomped your friends a bit too hard, that you won by too large a margin. So you hold back and give them a chance, making the game take longer and generally makes it more boring.

It' a weird situation, but generally people are not bothered by losing, even by BS methods or absolute crushing. It may be a bit different for forum games, which take much longer and require quite a bit of effort. But don't worry, take it easy!!!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35632 on: August 20, 2011, 10:37:11 pm »

=/  It'd be sad if you lost only due to hardware challenges.

Hmmm... you should PM me about which Totally Legitimate Factory-Produced Playstation you're using.  I've had a good deal of experience with them in general.

No, I'd have lost in any case, but just by less of a wide margin. If I hadn't pissed away time with that LP mentioned above in an edit, and had no hardware crashes, I think I'd have got to the beginning of Terra Tower.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35633 on: August 21, 2011, 12:37:31 am »

FUUUUUUUUUUU

My textbooks cost almost exactly $500 total.  This is after going on Amazon's little tributaries and looking for semi-dubious used copies of the things that I could bear to own used (Algebra, by Lane, is a book that I love so much and have wanted for such a long time that I am buying a nice new paperback).  This is after getting better deals than what's offered on half.com.

You wanna know why?  Because of that goddamned German textbook!  I have to buy it new, and it alone is $180!  Those mendacious, pecuniary, venial corporation-fuckers!

Also because of a play which costs $22 used.  And yes, that was the best deal I could get.  Why, oh why do German books cost so much?  Apparently their textbook prices are as terrible as ours... I'm so distressed.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35634 on: August 21, 2011, 12:40:08 am »

I seem to have developed a horrible habit. I laugh when something bad happens D:
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35635 on: August 21, 2011, 12:45:47 am »

I seem to have developed a horrible habit. I laugh when something bad happens D:
Congratulations, you picked up on the Japanese cultural habit of laughing during uncomfortable situations.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35636 on: August 21, 2011, 12:47:32 am »

I tend to flinch.  It's actually an involuntary chin-twitch that I picked up when I started doing hard-core violin.

My cheeks twitch when someone else does something wrong, though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35637 on: August 21, 2011, 12:51:45 am »

I decided the neatest thing to do would be to like, hmmm.  When something bad happens you have to react like in a special unique way so I think...I'm not sure.  What I'm really trying to say here is that when you witness an unfortunate event you should

be indecisive.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35638 on: August 21, 2011, 12:53:40 am »

Nah.  My normal reactions to bad things are dull.  It's just little errors.

What I've realized about my twitches is that when I do something wrong, I nearly frown, and when other people do something wrong, I nearly smile.

That is not a good feeling.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35639 on: August 21, 2011, 01:06:06 am »

Congratulations, you picked up on the Japanese cultural habit of laughing during uncomfortable situations.

You do realise that... That's a natural habit for everyone? Absolutely everyone?

Anyone here watch full metal jacket? Remember the scene where the marine is smiling for no reason and Hartman gets all in his face? That's a common happening. It's a way the mind copes.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 2374 2375 [2376] 2377 2378 ... 8167