Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2223 2224 [2225] 2226 2227 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449848 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33360 on: July 22, 2011, 12:11:03 am »

Arch is great if you want to compile everything yourself.

If not there's damnsmalllinux or puppy linux for your ridiculously small needs.

On sad things... good to be home but damn is my mum's health deteriorating. :|

You're thinking Gentoo.
Arch is just a minimal install.
You have to add in desktop environment and shit.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33361 on: July 22, 2011, 09:07:18 am »

Woke up at 4:00 AM or something dreaming (nightmaring) about committing genocide against transgendered people.  When I "woke up," my room was splattered in blood up to the ceiling.  Haven't really been able to sleep since.

I won't be going to class today because I can't concentrate.  Might just spend today cleaning or something.  Sounds like a good idea.

Luckily I called my mom and she says she's going to help.  It's been about a month and a half of this, now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #33362 on: July 22, 2011, 09:13:12 am »

Woke up at 4:00 AM or something dreaming (nightmaring) about committing genocide against transgendered people.  When I "woke up," my room was splattered in blood up to the ceiling.  Haven't really been able to sleep since.

I won't be going to class today because I can't concentrate.  Might just spend today cleaning or something.  Sounds like a good idea.

Luckily I called my mom and she says she's going to help.  It's been about a month and a half of this, now.

Anti-dreaming is achieved by making sure you don't go to sleep before your brain shuts you down itself, like watching tv, all the silly flashing stupid commercials, your brain will be working hardcore to decipher and archive this shit long after your done watching, and doing so will make you "feint" instead of "sleep", which should keep dreams away.

Anyway, no idea if it is true or not(My folkschool teachers have proven through the years to've told me all kinds of crap), I didn't dream when I did this though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33363 on: July 22, 2011, 09:15:48 am »

I think I need to go back to doing hardcore math.  When I was doing that, I'd only dream about math, every night.  Computer/TV/whatever doesn't seem to work; I always go to bed when I pretty much can't keep awake anymore, anyway.

Never thought this would be what brought me back.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33364 on: July 22, 2011, 09:41:25 am »

hardcore math.

I misread that as "hardcore meth". I'm sad because I think I may need glasses.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33365 on: July 22, 2011, 09:43:04 am »

Fucking bureaucratic bullshit.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33366 on: July 22, 2011, 09:51:17 am »

I just found out about "3 men 1 hammer"...

:'(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33367 on: July 22, 2011, 10:06:59 am »

Leaving the country the day after tomorrow and I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I share a room with a person I do not yet know and there's not guarantee I'll like him (or maybe her? No idea if they mix genders. Would be awkward.).
On the plus side I'll be learning something useful and won't waste so much time in front of my PC. Planning on bringing a heap of unread books with me.

The uncertainty is ganwing on me, since I have no idea what the whole trip will be like.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33368 on: July 22, 2011, 10:28:37 am »

When did that ever go away?

5 months of being cut off from the family, think im really going insane now.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33369 on: July 22, 2011, 10:31:42 am »

I just pushed back from my desk only to have the wheels on my chair jam and for me to go tumbling backwards. I received no injuries but my headphones were pulled out of my computer and now the jack is bent. I just checked and I'm looking at > £40 to get a new cable. At least the parts are modular I suppose but that's a lot of money.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33370 on: July 22, 2011, 11:00:58 am »

I feel like I'm slipping down into sadness again. It's sapping my will to do things I want to do.
Again.
Love, scriver~

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #33371 on: July 22, 2011, 11:19:57 am »

I just pushed back from my desk only to have the wheels on my chair jam and for me to go tumbling backwards. I received no injuries but my headphones were pulled out of my computer and now the jack is bent. I just checked and I'm looking at > £40 to get a new cable. At least the parts are modular I suppose but that's a lot of money.

Those must be some really fancy headphones.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33372 on: July 22, 2011, 11:46:36 am »

Yeah Sennheiser HD 25-1 II in case you're interested. I don't have and can't use speakers where my PC is living right now so I figured I should get some decent ones. It's kind of backfired just now; I've got the money but I'd rather not spend it / spend it on something else. Luckily I can hold out for a while as I managed to straighten the jack enough to plug them in and they seem to be working fine.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33373 on: July 22, 2011, 01:52:58 pm »

Just looked that up. Daaaang. That's a serious piece of hardware you have there, dude.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33374 on: July 22, 2011, 02:17:37 pm »

... Why are you having carnal relations with bureaucratic bullshit?

How is that even possible?
Pages: 1 ... 2223 2224 [2225] 2226 2227 ... 8167