Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2225 2226 [2227] 2228 2229 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448776 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33390 on: July 22, 2011, 05:16:39 pm »

Yeah. Except I usually get distracted and then I have a dozen or more games and books that I have started and want to get finished. It's kinda annoying.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33391 on: July 22, 2011, 05:22:07 pm »

Yeah. Except I usually get distracted and then I have a dozen or more games and books that I have started and want to get finished. It's kinda annoying.
So since you have a lot of things to start you don't start anything?  That's stupid.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33392 on: July 22, 2011, 05:23:11 pm »

No, I keep starting stuff that I never finish D:

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33393 on: July 22, 2011, 06:46:26 pm »

I'm having a lot of trouble with willpower today :(. I'm trying not to eat anymore then I need so I can lose weight and its worked fine for the last month... but those chips in the kitchen... they beckon...  >_<
My personality profile.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33394 on: July 22, 2011, 06:47:46 pm »

Got an MP3 player? Go on a walk around a few blocks listenin to your favorite tunes. Even a little regular physical activity can help a lot.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33395 on: July 22, 2011, 07:12:10 pm »

Funny you should say that as I did plan a little excursion for today. I ended up canceling it though. I decided to read "The Prince" instead. I'm half way through it atm and can't really decide on how I feel about it yet. I suppose I'll wrap it up tonight and write down all the useful information from it tomorrow.
My personality profile.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33396 on: July 22, 2011, 08:06:01 pm »

Man. I really, really wish that I could say no to the people asking me for help, but I really can't. It'd be kind of a dick move to say, "No, sister, I will not help finish construction on our basement so that you will have a place to sleep when you have to move out of your apartment." And I can't just drop all the random responsibilities I have picked up over the summer. I have to work, I have to donate plasma, I have to find a job, I have to find an apartment, and I have to keep a D&D campaign running because I promised I would. That latter one I'd drop if it were just stress, but it's also one of the times I have that I can relax and I need that right now, it's just so... time consuming. That's really it, I guess. I've gotten about half the things I wanted to get done today done, because every time I'm about to move on someone asks me to do something or the universe throws me another problem of my own to deal with. And I just wish that either I didn't have shit to do, or that nobody else had shit that really does need to get done.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #33397 on: July 22, 2011, 08:44:21 pm »

Terror Attack in Norway Oslo.... ;_; My dear Norway <3..

Something to both be sad and rage over.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33398 on: July 23, 2011, 02:59:13 am »

Oh gods, why am I doing this? ;_;
I'm just going to cry myself to sleep now. ;_;

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #33399 on: July 23, 2011, 03:16:42 am »

Man. I really, really wish that I could say no to the people asking me for help, but I really can't. It'd be kind of a dick move to say, "No, sister, I will not help finish construction on our basement so that you will have a place to sleep when you have to move out of your apartment." And I can't just drop all the random responsibilities I have picked up over the summer. I have to work, I have to donate plasma, I have to find a job, I have to find an apartment, and I have to keep a D&D campaign running because I promised I would. That latter one I'd drop if it were just stress, but it's also one of the times I have that I can relax and I need that right now, it's just so... time consuming. That's really it, I guess. I've gotten about half the things I wanted to get done today done, because every time I'm about to move on someone asks me to do something or the universe throws me another problem of my own to deal with. And I just wish that either I didn't have shit to do, or that nobody else had shit that really does need to get done.
The bit about the dd campaign reminds me of my saturday parties. Traditional parties, mind you. I go out, drink with classmates, go from bar to bar... the thing is that this is very exhausting, however, I need to vent after each crazy week, so it cant be helped. I even had the realization when I began this crazy training course and was told that we were supposed to invest twelve hours a day, six days a week, practicing, that I WAS going to need to get drunk once a week....
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33400 on: July 23, 2011, 04:43:13 am »

I... uh... I think I might've killed Akura.

Or anybody else in the RAGE thread really :/

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33401 on: July 23, 2011, 12:24:36 pm »

I had a nightmare that involved me dying of liver faliure. I cannot get it out of my head, which is making me sad.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33402 on: July 23, 2011, 12:54:26 pm »

I had no idea people could move their own threads.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33403 on: July 23, 2011, 01:06:40 pm »

Empire Earth won't accept my CD key to go on multiplayer. I think I can still go on multiplayer VIA an IP game.

Y U NO LET ME MULTIPLAY!?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33404 on: July 23, 2011, 03:09:51 pm »

Friend is having his bloody birthday party, which means none of my friends are home.
I really wanted to talk to somebody before I departed.

Guess I need to join some friend-finding site, once I'm back home, so I actually have some internet friends.
Pages: 1 ... 2225 2226 [2227] 2228 2229 ... 8167