Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2222 2223 [2224] 2225 2226 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9450000 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33345 on: July 21, 2011, 10:11:49 pm »

Well, this is certainly cute.

Why did I even briefly think my email service provider (ESP, hehe) would link to something other than douchebaggy news articles of the first order.  See, I thought I was going to be raging because it was going to be teaching women how to steal stuff from men--but no, it's another thing on how men can evade their horrible nagging blah blah blah girlfriends.

And, you know, fnurgle.

(Right thread, by the way.  I don't deign to post something this trivial to VPRT)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33346 on: July 21, 2011, 10:34:17 pm »

This made me sad.

It seems that C*apcom is adamant on demolishing their own IP. What a waste, really. Not to mention
that they're also blaming the MML3 cancellation on the fans, "due to lack of devroom participation".

DDD:
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33347 on: July 21, 2011, 10:38:45 pm »

This made me sad.

It seems that C*apcom is adamant on demolishing their own IP. What a waste, really. Not to mention
that they're also blaming the MML3 cancellation on the fans, "due to lack of devroom participation".

DDD:

This is just a disaster. I haven't even heard about all this other stuff about capcom. All I know is MML was a great game.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33348 on: July 21, 2011, 10:49:58 pm »

Worst part is I just heard it was over tildes. Really how petty can you get? Not really worth focusing on it if he was getting himself worked up over nothing.
Not this shit again. Seriously, this is beginning to tick me off a bit.

Meanwhile, ArchLinux is having a darn hard time trying to install itself in Virtualbox. Ugh.
Just use Ubuntu or something, it's a hell of a lot handier
*Hugs*

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33349 on: July 21, 2011, 11:01:25 pm »

It's okay, I'm handling it from here.
And the point is to get the install as small as possible, so...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33350 on: July 21, 2011, 11:03:59 pm »

I'd sacrifice a few hundred extra MB for a rediculously easy to install and use OS personally.
*Hugs*

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33351 on: July 21, 2011, 11:06:47 pm »

I found Arch ridiculously easy to install and use, though. >_>

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #33352 on: July 21, 2011, 11:07:41 pm »

This made me sad.

DDD:

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1109580-Seth-Killian-socked-in-the-face-over-Megaman-Legends-3
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33353 on: July 21, 2011, 11:07:53 pm »

Arch is great if you want to compile everything yourself.

If not there's damnsmalllinux or puppy linux for your ridiculously small needs.

On sad things... good to be home but damn is my mum's health deteriorating. :|

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #33354 on: July 21, 2011, 11:11:44 pm »

I miss my parents, and my dogs, and MIR test training is harsh. Oh, and a potential love interest fell down in flames
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33355 on: July 21, 2011, 11:14:15 pm »

There is precisely 0 food in the house and we won't have money until Monday.
Looks like it's charity again >_<
*Hugs*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33356 on: July 21, 2011, 11:59:03 pm »

My mom decided she'd like me to play violin for her birthday present.  It is two days before her birthday and I haven't practiced in three years.  Even if she had warned me ahead of time, I don't have the 2-8 hours a day for two months or more I'd need to get back in practice.  Thought I'd just "hammer something out," like that's an easy thing to do.

Guess she's going to have to take a 2-year raincheck, like much of the rest of my life.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #33357 on: July 22, 2011, 12:02:44 am »

My mom decided she'd like me to play violin for her birthday present.  It is two days before her birthday and I haven't practiced in three years.  Even if she had warned me ahead of time, I don't have the 2-8 hours a day for two months or more I'd need to get back in practice.  Thought I'd just "hammer something out," like that's an easy thing to do.

Guess she's going to have to take a 2-year raincheck, like much of the rest of my life.

I've tried something very similar, only I don't play an awesome violin, I just rap.

"Hey, write a good rap in one week, then win over your scenefright and totally do a rap for us this day." Yeah, because it's that simply ._.

So yeah, sympathies, hope you'll somehow manage to convince her that it doesn't work like that.

edit: Half the message was in runes because of a keyboard slip, yay.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33358 on: July 22, 2011, 12:04:47 am »

Yeah, I convinced her.  I just feel like a bad person =/  I know I shouldn't, though, and it's not her fault, really.  She never had the opportunity to learn how to play a musical instrument seriously, so there's no way she'd know just how fast those skills deteriorate.

She's not upset, though, which is good.  Thanks for the kindness.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33359 on: July 22, 2011, 12:08:56 am »

Sorry to hear that Vector, I don't think many of us know how fast some skills can degrade..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 2222 2223 [2224] 2225 2226 ... 8167