Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2207 2208 [2209] 2210 2211 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9459567 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33120 on: July 17, 2011, 06:37:20 pm »

Met a possibly halfway decent guy online. He knows I am trans, have not transitioned yet, and likes the idea. He steadfastly insists he is "straight...." This despite the fact that he has been with a guy before and likes me....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33121 on: July 17, 2011, 06:39:00 pm »

Well, in theory at least, if he's focusing on the mental aspect and not the physical aspect, he is straight.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33122 on: July 17, 2011, 06:40:43 pm »

Eh, I dunno. I think it's cause he is Indian. They have what I understand to be a very conservative culture regarding homosexuality..... He seems to have family with problems with it like mine is what I'm thinking.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:44:58 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33123 on: July 17, 2011, 06:45:32 pm »

Well, he could just be mostly straight, or not even know the word for bisexual.  It's a sliding scale and it's pretty darned hard to get the right word for what one identifies with.

Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with his race at all =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33124 on: July 17, 2011, 06:48:21 pm »

Well, he could just be mostly straight, or not even know the word for bisexual.  It's a sliding scale and it's pretty darned hard to get the right word for what one identifies with.

Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with his race at all =)

O granted, not that he is Indian, but that culture. From what I gather it is on the whole, very anti gay. he does know what bisexual means and just won't consider himself anything but straight. I just feel bad for him I suppose. Not that I'm necessarily complaining for myself but yeah, I remember steadfastly insisting that I was straight even when I had a boyfriend. Denial, more than a river. :P

Please don't quote me.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33125 on: July 17, 2011, 09:17:26 pm »

Just feeling like crap today. That might be because of a screwed up sleep schedule. Also, missing a TF2 match I was supposed to show up for. That made me feel pretty bad.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33126 on: July 17, 2011, 09:55:46 pm »

Damn I feel crappy.  I hope this goes away soon for tonight.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33127 on: July 17, 2011, 10:52:33 pm »

I feel like I shouldn't say this, but I always feel that there's a bit of misandry everywhere I go. I remember I was inviting someone to a party last year, ( a girl)
and when I asked if she wanted to come her immediate response was "You're having this parting because you're trying to get laid" after I said a whole bunch less
then tasteful insults, I felt pretty pissed that there's a message in some type of media that is "all men ever want to do is have sex, drink beer and NEVER have
emotions or talk to their spouse". (there are other examples but this was the most blatant one). Why can't this go away? I mean, the reverse is equally stupid (all women
are too prudish to consider sex ever), but I'm pretty pissed that that's an actual thought/opinion that people have.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33128 on: July 17, 2011, 10:55:39 pm »

Dunno, man.  It bugs me, too.

I mean, frankly, it's just getting boring.  Makes me think that all the writers are too lazy to think up some actual character flaws.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33129 on: July 17, 2011, 11:15:22 pm »

Lost a load of work to a powercut. ctrl-s why did I ignore you.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33130 on: July 17, 2011, 11:25:41 pm »

My male roommate just joked about flipping my skirt to get a better look at my legs.

Sword is going right by the bed tonight, where it should have been six months ago.  I know he was just joking, but I still am not so happy about that.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33131 on: July 17, 2011, 11:32:14 pm »

I don't know the situation, but presumably you've already made it clear that's not on? Not that I think it'll take if he's dumb enough to do it in the first place.

Just, I dunno if you've stabbed anyone before, but I've heard it's not that great. Probably should be a last resort.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33132 on: July 17, 2011, 11:35:46 pm »

It's a wooden sword, which means bludgeoning weapon, and the main purpose of having it is to create distance between me and anyone charging me.  It's mostly to help serve my own paranoia, because I'm quite sure he won't do anything.  I want to do something to feel like I'm safe.

And yeah, I think my squeaked WHAT?! of protest made it quite clear.  My female roommate also seemed appalled.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33133 on: July 17, 2011, 11:38:05 pm »

Man. That just reminded me so much of all the times I couldn't help myself and said stupid things like that. And how I still have some self control issues that just infuriate my girlfriend every time they come up...

Buh. The worst part of all this is when you know what you're doing is wrong but you can't make yourself stop doing these things since you did them so much during much more lonely periods to keep sane.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33134 on: July 17, 2011, 11:39:53 pm »

Sounds fair about the sword thing. I remember sleeping with my hockey stick next to my bed after watching the Dr. Who episode 'Blink'. Some times a big bludgeoning instrument is what people really need.
Pages: 1 ... 2207 2208 [2209] 2210 2211 ... 8167