Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2046 2047 [2048] 2049 2050 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465198 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30705 on: May 30, 2011, 01:36:32 pm »

Lay down the hipster remarks and join in.

Your double irony and resulting not giving a fuck will allow you to just have fun while being aware of everything happening around you.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30706 on: May 30, 2011, 01:43:37 pm »

Lay down the hipster remarks and join in.

Your double irony and resulting not giving a fuck will allow you to just have fun while being aware of everything happening around you.

That's pretty much what I've arrived at.  The hipsterism is the ironic-entertainment itself.  Trust me, I'm not losing any sleep over the possibility of unintentionally looking like a bigger dork than I am anyway.  Just look at me and Homosuck.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #30707 on: May 30, 2011, 02:13:13 pm »

Walking is pretty painful now.

Pretty Damn painful.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30708 on: May 30, 2011, 02:15:55 pm »

Walking is pretty painful now.

What kind of pain is it?  There's a lot of different causes for foot pain, and you don't want that shit lingering.  Sorry if you've mentioned it and I don't know it, but I know how much foot pain sucks.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #30709 on: May 30, 2011, 02:26:53 pm »

I stubbed by bare toe. On stone. On the exact edge of the stone. Now it feels hyper sensitive, and even moving it around hurts.
Ow.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30710 on: May 30, 2011, 04:29:41 pm »

I stubbed by bare toe. On stone. On the exact edge of the stone. Now it feels hyper sensitive, and even moving it around hurts.
Ow.
Tissue damage, keep off of it and use some ice once in a while.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #30711 on: May 30, 2011, 05:50:45 pm »

Cthulu, I'm pretty sure by the time you've joined a forum about a game where dwarves and other fantastical creatures are represented by pixelated, non 3d graphics, you've already fallen into the chasm of what society would class a "nerd". Sure, it doesn't mean you can't have friends, and it doesn't mean you have to be a 4Channing dick. But it...sets the stereotype, at least.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30712 on: May 30, 2011, 06:41:34 pm »

Sad things, piles and piles of sad things building on the walls of my mind.
Sick pets, broken treasured objects, injuries, among others. I also haven't slept for more than ~2 hours in over 3 days... There's been a lot of things nagging my mind. Maybe I'll get some decent sleep now though, it's early but I think exhaustion is finally breaking through my insomnia. Here's hoping I don't get hounded by bad dreams.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30713 on: May 30, 2011, 06:45:33 pm »

I'm normal.  I'm introverted like most people on here but I have no trouble being friendly and talkative when I want to be, and I enjoy it.

I have no problem admitting that I am an absolutely unmitigated nerd, and I'm a professional salesman. introversion != nerd||geek. Nerdiness is more than just a stereotype, we're a subculture. We love certain things (your name representing one of those things), we despise certain things (people willfully being idiots, mostly), we argue about certain things amongst ourselves (Wars or Trek: which is better? What about SG, or B5?) We're more than just the basement dwelling, myopic, heavily pockmarked, dorito breathed, mountain dew guzzling fountains of trivia that the rest of society makes us out to be. Join us, Cfoofoo, for we offer nachos where the other side has only stale pretzels and possibly beernuts. Just don't let anyone tell you that we have cake.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #30714 on: May 30, 2011, 08:19:20 pm »

I'm happy because MaximumZero is standing up for true nerd values.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30715 on: May 30, 2011, 09:30:39 pm »

I believe it is in someones signature, wherein there is a Fire-Dancing Monk gone Guido (Kael) vs. Sword-fighting Mathematician Rapunzel (Vector). That sounds pretty cool, yah? Being a 'nerd' usually means that you do cool shit and like solitude and reading, which seems to be anti-matter to 'bro' type of people.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30716 on: May 30, 2011, 09:39:18 pm »

My computer can do minecraft server and play on it at the same time, but refuses to work with hamachi minecraft in any kind of non-uberlagged way.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30717 on: May 30, 2011, 09:43:46 pm »

Can't sleep... creepers'll eat me...can't sleep... creepers'll eat me...

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30718 on: May 30, 2011, 09:50:17 pm »

Buncha people leaving for other places...
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #30719 on: May 30, 2011, 10:07:02 pm »

I'm not afraid of being a nerd.  I am a nerd.  I know I'm a nerd.  I'm just afraid of slipping over the precipice and going from regular nerd to basement ogre.

It's an irrational fear, but one I can't shake.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:09:07 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 2046 2047 [2048] 2049 2050 ... 8167