Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2045 2046 [2047] 2048 2049 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9463757 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30690 on: May 30, 2011, 10:46:38 am »

Bluh bluh my lips aren't doing what they should.

And I had to watch somebody throw up.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30691 on: May 30, 2011, 10:47:43 am »

Doo de doo, I'm Finland, kickin' ass.
Holy schnapps, sunrise. D:
Oww... neck sore.
Blarg, stream of consciousness posts.
They make no sense.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30692 on: May 30, 2011, 10:58:44 am »

HEY HEY WELL

My UCONN account isn't working AGAIN.  Time to call help-service AGAIN.  I love when my account STOPS WORKING ALL THE TIME.  I CAN GET A LOT DONE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.  I'M LIKE A REGULAR AT THE HELP-SERVICE LINE.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #30693 on: May 30, 2011, 11:22:57 am »

Battle for Wesnoth's main campaign.  You know what's a lot of fun?  Fighting a guy with hundreds of skeletons, when you have a grand total of one unit type that's good not completely terrible at killing skeletons (And it's extremely fragile).  Also, you're attacking a city designed in a way that if the game were made by people who didn't hate you, you would be on defense.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:32:39 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30694 on: May 30, 2011, 11:36:15 am »

Just got conscripted to do yard work.
Bro, this is every summer man. Gotta do questionable yardwork for a garden that probably doesn't work like this but whatever gotta do it.

Except this year it's adding a few new arms to the pipe hydra that is the pumping system.

Well, it's a little different than that. See, mother nature decided to make my hometown look like the zombie apocalypse was starting last night. So much so that the red cross is involved.
33,000+ are without power.

This is what some of the damage looks like:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30695 on: May 30, 2011, 11:36:55 am »

"This Troper", the dramatic reading.  Yes, it's seventy eight episodes and counting, each more astounding than the last.  The "Loners Are Dreaks", "Troper Dating Service", and many, many "Sonic the Hedgehog" pages are simply jawdropping.  They're entertaining, but I couldn't get through more than a dozen.
I knew there was some pathetic stuff on the Troper Tales pages, but the last entry on this is just somthing else entierly.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30696 on: May 30, 2011, 11:45:29 am »

Now, I do feel a little sad. But grateful I've never delved too far into Tropes

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30697 on: May 30, 2011, 12:05:51 pm »

Take the calculus test for an hour just to score 2 points less than I need so I have to take it again.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #30698 on: May 30, 2011, 12:15:14 pm »

"This Troper", the dramatic reading.  Yes, it's seventy eight episodes and counting, each more astounding than the last.  The "Loners Are Dreaks", "Troper Dating Service", and many, many "Sonic the Hedgehog" pages are simply jawdropping.  They're entertaining, but I couldn't get through more than a dozen.
I knew there was some pathetic stuff on the Troper Tales pages, but the last entry on this is just somthing else entierly.

I fucking love this thing.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30699 on: May 30, 2011, 12:22:03 pm »

I fucking love this thing.
I'm almost tempted to wade through Troper Tales for the sole purpose of getting the creators more material. The voices are just too perfect.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 12:50:07 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30700 on: May 30, 2011, 01:08:31 pm »

Take the calculus test for an hour just to score 2 points less than I need so I have to take it again.
Take the test a second time, have THIS happen while taking it.  Score 1 point less than I need while scrambling to fix the broken images everywhere.  Can't take the test again since I only get two tries, well looks like I already failed college.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #30701 on: May 30, 2011, 01:12:00 pm »

Confession time:

I've always known this to some degree, but watching This Troper has made me extremely aware of it.  The reason my knee jerk reaction to animango, TVTropes, etc. is hatred and vitriol, is because deep down I fear, more than anything else, looking at things like This Troper and feeling kinship.  I'm terrified that if I let nerd culture touch me, it'll poison me and I'll turn into that guy that refers to people as "humans" and talks in a way that makes you want to take a shower.  You all know guys like that on the internet.  It's my deepest, strongest fear.

I know it's irrational.  I'm normal.  I'm introverted like most people on here but I have no trouble being friendly and talkative when I want to be, and I enjoy it.

I still love those videos though.  They kind of have a balancing effect.  Nothing like staring right into the eyes of the beast to make you realize you'll never be anything like it.

Toony:  Did you tell your professor the test fucked you over?
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30702 on: May 30, 2011, 01:15:21 pm »

Toony:  Did you tell your professor the test fucked you over?
Yeah I emailed them a few minutes ago about it.  I doubt they'll give me a break though.  They seem pretty strenuous on having to score this much no matter the circumstances.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #30703 on: May 30, 2011, 01:26:05 pm »

Having a screenshot will either help your case or else make them ask you why you bothered wasting the time to take a screenshot. I really hope it's the former, because the latter is just plain dickery.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30704 on: May 30, 2011, 01:34:23 pm »

I've always known this to some degree, but watching This Troper has made me extremely aware of it.  The reason my knee jerk reaction to animango, TVTropes, etc. is hatred and vitriol, is because deep down I fear, more than anything else, looking at things like This Troper and feeling kinship.  I'm terrified that if I let nerd culture touch me, it'll poison me and I'll turn into that guy that refers to people as "humans" and talks in a way that makes you want to take a shower.  You all know guys like that on the internet.  It's my deepest, strongest fear.

Word.  It's why I always feel the need to drop a bitter "Ah, cynicism" or a reliable "Cool story, bro" when I see such tales.  I'm terrified of turning into such a creature myself, not least because I've had friends like that and I know what a short road it is.  The irony is, now I'm afraid of turning into a nerd-hipster, scoffing and sneering at stuff I might well enjoy for fear of infection and association, and fooling absolutely nobody and looking like an even bigger tool in the process.

Which is worse, to be an honest neckbeard or a self-hating neckbeard?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 2045 2046 [2047] 2048 2049 ... 8167