Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2002 2003 [2004] 2005 2006 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9487452 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30045 on: May 14, 2011, 05:39:36 pm »

Get this one instead.
Don't buy Alienware.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've read up on both and can't make up my mind on what would be better unfortunately. I'm leaning toward the Alienware still though since the Asus has some problems with a slightly green tint from what I've read. Other then that I would say that the Alienware is the better gaming monitor while the Asus is the better overall... I'm not actually tech savy though so I'm going to shut my word hole now.

Alienware is overpriced as fuckall.
Here's another one with the same price.
Notice that this and the ASUS are both 27" and the Alienware is 21.5". :b

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #30046 on: May 14, 2011, 05:40:06 pm »

When my mother gets home from work, she's going to force me to help her work in her garden ._.  I hate gardening, especially weeding, which is exactly what she wants me to do.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30047 on: May 14, 2011, 06:12:35 pm »

I use an air compressor to clean out my computers and never had an issue. Just dont blow on the sensitive bits at point blank range and you should be ok. I agree with vacuums being a bad idea though. They suck  :P
Not just pressure that you need to be concerned about. I'ts common for a compressor to get condensation in the piping. Once you lose a laser to an eletrical fire caused by that, you get cautious.

That is a good point, surprised I never thought about condensation before.

Get this one instead.
Don't buy Alienware.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've read up on both and can't make up my mind on what would be better unfortunately. I'm leaning toward the Alienware still though since the Asus has some problems with a slightly green tint from what I've read. Other then that I would say that the Alienware is the better gaming monitor while the Asus is the better overall... I'm not actually tech savy though so I'm going to shut my word hole now.

Alienware is overpriced as fuckall.
Here's another one with the same price.
Notice that this and the ASUS are both 27" and the Alienware is 21.5". :b

Thats true, but I'm used to small screens anyways at this point. 21.5 is not only bigger than my last monitor (around 18" or something) I think It may be near the same size as my tv lol. I'm more worried about performance since I don't want to get another monitor for another 6 years or so. The high price does bother me though...
My personality profile.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30048 on: May 14, 2011, 06:17:18 pm »

When my mother gets home from work, she's going to force me to help her work in her garden ._.  I hate gardening, especially weeding, which is exactly what she wants me to do.

I don't mind gardening myself as long as it for food or something else useful. I hate growing things like flowers, shrubs, ect, ect.
My personality profile.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30049 on: May 14, 2011, 06:19:29 pm »

Monitor stuffy stuffs.

Highest rated in that size.
That's what I mean by don't buy Alienware. :b
You'd be paying for the brand, not the quality.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30050 on: May 14, 2011, 06:26:11 pm »

Monitor stuffy stuffs.

Highest rated in that size.
That's what I mean by don't buy Alienware. :b
You'd be paying for the brand, not the quality.

Oh I see, I guess you're right lol
My personality profile.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30051 on: May 14, 2011, 06:28:03 pm »

I bought an Alienware PC once.  That was pretty dumb.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30052 on: May 14, 2011, 06:30:11 pm »

Ok, last time I'll ever do a all-nighter right before work.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30053 on: May 14, 2011, 06:35:43 pm »

Feeling fairly depressed about everything. Not sure what the hell I should do now. Probably going to attempt to forget my troubles by gaming again, usually works after a little while.

As for Alienware, I look at their PCs to see what's in the most expensive one, then check out how much it would cost to get the same components in a less silly looking case. Much better plan than actually buying the stupid things.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30054 on: May 14, 2011, 06:38:59 pm »

I bought an Alienware PC once.  That was pretty dumb.

I thought about it once, it was liquid cooled if I remember right. Still think thats cool (lol, pun) for some reason. Eventually I settled on making one with my dad, more my dad making it though lol. Thats how I ended up with a computer twice as big as normal ones. Damn thing is pretty much covered in fans, 3 or so in the back, 3 in the front, and a giant one on top. So yeah, I never plan on buying a prebuilt computer again.
My personality profile.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30055 on: May 14, 2011, 06:42:52 pm »

So yeah, I never plan on buying a prebuilt computer again.

I might buy something from Boxx someday, if I have plenty of money to throw around in the midst of a successful digital art career.  That's the only scenario I can think of where I'd ever buy a pre-built again.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #30056 on: May 15, 2011, 04:26:19 am »

My niece was dedicated to God today; basically a baptism, except that whatever denomination this church is doesn't like baptism, so they changed the name. Anyway, my niece is about six months old, and whilst I appreciate people's right to religion, I don't like that people have the right to their child's religion. The service involved a lot of talk about 'giving her back to God', which just irks me; she's her own person.

Hmph.

Also, it was incredibly awkward standing in the back of a church wearing a leather trenchcoat and trying not to deathstare the pastor.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #30057 on: May 15, 2011, 04:48:44 am »

Our toilet broke or something. The hose popped off the cistern, it looks like, and sprayed water everywhere. I looked and don't know what to do with it and I don't think I have the money for a plumber. Huh...
Also, my sister dropped the microwave plate. I was called to help so I went and put on my slippers just as my mom told me that our cat peed on my slippers and my sister knocked over the place because she put it down to punish the cat for doing that, but he resisted and caused her to bump into the plate.
No microwave and no toilet... :\

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30058 on: May 15, 2011, 04:50:44 am »

And now it's sunny again D:

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #30059 on: May 15, 2011, 04:59:09 am »

Being DutchBritish, shouldn't you be happy for a little sun?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 2002 2003 [2004] 2005 2006 ... 8167