Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1839 1840 [1841] 1842 1843 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452870 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #27600 on: April 14, 2011, 07:39:06 am »

Well different anti-depressants have different effects, some more notable then others. I can't say for sure what the effects of these particular drugs will be, but I'm currently on some and glad to say they have not affected me at all! Well some of my friends say I'm more sociable now, but it isn't a consensus, so they could be seeing what isn't there. So it is all together possible that there will be no change in your sister, or a change for the better.

As for your mother, I hope she recovers. They say laughter is the best medicine, so do your best to be good for her and keep her in a good mood.
My mum told me about what those antidepressants do (I wouldn't usually believe what she says, but she works over the counter at some chemist thingy. She is apparantly required to know the effects of medication). My dad was on them for a while and apparantly... He became kinda fucked up in the head after that...
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27601 on: April 14, 2011, 07:52:22 am »

I took the driving test three times before I passed. I was definitely most nervous  the third time. Not to mention up-given about the whole thing. Yet it was the best run.

Ninja'd by issues. About anti-depressants, I can only speak for myself, but I've been on several anti-depps and the 'only' effects they had was stopping me from wanting to kill myself as well as giving me some more energy. Before I go on though, I really need to know from where you heard that it'll mess with her, just hearsay or a qualified doctor/psykiatrist/whatever the correct English term is?

Ninja'd again. Is she really talking abou this particular medication? Because to me, it sounds like she's blowing the whole thing out of proportion. Is this your sisters first prescription? I find it very unlikely that anyone would ascribe her that a drug heavy heavy enough to 'fuck her up' as a first try.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27602 on: April 14, 2011, 08:00:16 am »

Don't take this as a personal attack, but I'd take with a pinch of salt what she says. "Working over the counter at some chemist thingy" (what's a chemist thingy?) isn't really an authoritative credential to make that kind of claims. The fact that she seems to be using "antidepressants" as a blanket term when in truth there are several different classes, with different advantages and disadvantages. In general, bear in mind that, like any other drug, there can be adverse effects (of various kinds) to it, but it is intended to help, not "fuck people up"
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27603 on: April 14, 2011, 08:03:40 am »

Don't take this as a personal attack, but I'd take with a pinch of salt what she says. "Working over the counter at some chemist thingy" (what's a chemist thingy?) isn't really an authoritative credential to make that kind of claims. The fact that she seems to be using "antidepressants" as a blanket term when in truth there are several different classes, with different advantages and disadvantages. In general, bear in mind that, like any other drug, there can be adverse effects (of various kinds) to it, but it is intended to help, not "fuck people up"
You didn't have to say for me not to take it as a personal attack. I know it's not :)
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27604 on: April 14, 2011, 08:06:55 am »

Yeah, but it's a sensitive subject, specially considering the situation, so I think the disclaimer was in order. Anyways, I hope things turn out allright.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27605 on: April 14, 2011, 08:10:50 am »

Yeah, but it's a sensitive subject, specially considering the situation, so I think the disclaimer was in order. Anyways, I hope things turn out allright.
It probably will.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27606 on: April 14, 2011, 08:42:02 am »

At the very least, you can take solace in that she has been caught by the safety-net. Far too many slip through without anyone noticing.
As for your dad, there's really only one thing I could possibly say with my limited experience, and I think you and your family already might have tried convincing him to join AA or your equivalent...
Love, scriver~

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27607 on: April 14, 2011, 08:44:08 am »

At the very least, you can take solace in that she has been caught by the safety-net. Far too many slip through without anyone noticing.
As for your dad, there's really only one thing I could possibly say with my limited experience, and I think you and your family already might have tried convincing him to join AA or your equivalent...
Yeah, my grandmother tried to convince him countless times. He just says no and gets drunk afterwards. He's sometimes violent when he's drunk, which is why I'm really, really happy I don't live with him. I don't think he believes he's an alchoholic which is probably why he refuses to get treatment.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:47:59 am by Angel Of Death »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27608 on: April 14, 2011, 08:48:42 am »

I submitted a program for programming class that returns either heads or tails. The code was less than fifty lines long and readable. In my tests I got both heads and tails. My teacher gave me a fifty for testing it four times and having heads all four times *facepalm*

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27609 on: April 14, 2011, 08:53:01 am »

I submitted a program for programming class that returns either heads or tails. The code was less than fifty lines long and readable. In my tests I got both heads and tails. My teacher gave me a fifty for testing it four times and having heads all four times *facepalm*

Well you have the right to challenge them. Tell them there was a one in sixteen chance for that to happen, and thus still scientifically significant! Further more, any good teacher should be skimming code for keywords if probabilty is involved to get exact figures, as you can't accuratly replicate probability logic from output.

Also, what language? 50 lines seems like a lot...

EDIT: Good night guys. When I come back, I might be suffering from blood loss...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27610 on: April 14, 2011, 12:46:02 pm »

Ufff.  Nervous about my "date" and I have to do a whole lot of math homework today.  Plus, breakfast = two apples.  I was hoping for a big breakfast with eggs and buttered toast, but I woke up too late.  So I got to have a shower and the Russian dative case for breakfast, which was kinda too bad.

That, and I get to go hunting for the kernel of a homomorphism, now  ::)  Very exciting.  At least this looks like it's one of the longer problems in the AA homework.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27611 on: April 14, 2011, 12:46:50 pm »

I only got one hour sleep last night. I watched Fight Club at about 3:00 because I was bored laying on the couch since 9:00 PM, and after it was over I was think about getting the stuff out to make soap, but then I remembered my molds weren't cleaned so I didn't feel like it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27612 on: April 14, 2011, 12:49:49 pm »

Ufff.  Nervous about my "date" and I have to do a whole lot of math homework today.  Plus, breakfast = two apples.  I was hoping for a big breakfast with eggs and buttered toast, but I woke up too late.  So I got to have a shower and the Russian dative case for breakfast, which was kinda too bad.

That, and I get to go hunting for the kernel of a homomorphism, now  ::)  Very exciting.  At least this looks like it's one of the longer problems in the AA homework.
Well try to calm down when the date starts and don't blame yourself for any mistakes, you're nervous thats fine. Hell i was dreading when i asked out Thespian, felt so much better after she said yes..... now where to take her tomorrow......

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27613 on: April 14, 2011, 12:50:58 pm »

Well try to calm down when the date starts and don't blame yourself for any mistakes, you're nervous thats fine.

Eh, I'm mostly food-deprived and very, very hungry.  It's making me tired.

There's nothing to worry about, anyway--we're roommates, after all >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27614 on: April 14, 2011, 12:51:40 pm »

Well try to calm down when the date starts and don't blame yourself for any mistakes, you're nervous thats fine.

Eh, I'm mostly food-deprived and very, very hungry.  It's making me tired.

There's nothing to worry about, anyway--we're roommates, after all >_>
XD you didn't mention that information.
Pages: 1 ... 1839 1840 [1841] 1842 1843 ... 8167