Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1840 1841 [1842] 1843 1844 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452721 times)

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #27615 on: April 14, 2011, 12:53:10 pm »

I always find it helps not to pressure yourself into thinking it's a date. Especially in the situations where you already know the person so you can reasonably just consider it as an outing with a friend. I always have a lot more fun that way.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27616 on: April 14, 2011, 12:55:02 pm »

Exactly and what's the worst that could happen?
Anyway, even if something goes wrong, I doubt he'll take it amiss, since he's the one who wanted to go out.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27617 on: April 14, 2011, 03:24:45 pm »

Pondering whether to go out tonight or not.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27618 on: April 14, 2011, 04:24:04 pm »

Got stood up.  Either that, or he thought making me wait for more than 45 minutes was okay.

In any case: damn physicists.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #27619 on: April 14, 2011, 04:31:54 pm »

You got stood up by your roommate? Wow, that's harsh. I can only imagine he was really busy with something, too busy to call, because that's a dumb move.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27620 on: April 14, 2011, 04:33:13 pm »

Got stood up.  Either that, or he thought making me wait for more than 45 minutes was okay.

There might have a lot on his plate with finals getting close (if you're on the same schedule we are), so you could give him the benefit of the doubt. Regardless, I'm sorry to hear that, and it's highly lame on his part... especially since you sounded really geeked about it. :/

Here's hoping he has a good excuse. If you ask him about it, make sure to be nice when you let him know you were bummed.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27621 on: April 14, 2011, 04:38:18 pm »

Seriously, if you're standing somebody up, at least send a lameass text with a stupid excuse to let the other part know you're not coming. Shouldn't that be the least one can do?
Love, scriver~

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27622 on: April 14, 2011, 04:48:21 pm »

In the era of telecommunication, it's angering that he didn't even call.
Well, since he's your roomate, he'll have to face you sooner or later.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27623 on: April 14, 2011, 04:49:03 pm »

No, he's an actual working physicist >_>  So, unless he was on the verge of finding the Higgs Boson, I dun wanna hear about it.  Also, he apparently has a reputation for being late, which is why I waited a full 45 minutes instead of cutting out of there after 20-ish.

Anyway, I don't think we actually exchanged phone numbers, being the sort of people who don't even know what day of the week it is much of the time.  I will keep that in mind for next time.

And, as far as Vector-rage goes, I will certainly be keeping it to myself as I hang out in my room and do math for the rest of the day.  I really don't want to make some big fuss about this.  I'm mostly upset because it'd be the only out-of-the-house social event I'd have been involved in for the entire semester.

*sigh*

Oh well.  I bought food anyway, so at least I have that to enjoy.  And while I was standing there some people took pictures of me, so I guess that was nice, too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #27624 on: April 14, 2011, 05:03:17 pm »

I'm mostly upset because it'd be the only out-of-the-house social event I'd have been involved in for the entire semester.
I'm sorry to hear that Vector. If you were in NC I'd invite you out for a night of poetry at fancy bookshops with my friends and myself for some small consolation.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27625 on: April 14, 2011, 05:06:33 pm »

I'm mostly upset because it'd be the only out-of-the-house social event I'd have been involved in for the entire semester.
I'm sorry to hear that Vector. If you were in NC I'd invite you out for a night of poetry at fancy bookshops with my friends and myself for some small consolation.

It's okay.  My own damned fault.  And really, it's not like I can expect much more for my first semester back at college ^_^;;

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27626 on: April 14, 2011, 05:07:33 pm »

It's not your fault in any way. How could it be?
Love, scriver~

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27627 on: April 14, 2011, 05:12:51 pm »

Worse, he'll probably try and tell you that time is relative next time he sees you.  Don't let him get away with it until he shows you proof of near light speed travel.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27628 on: April 14, 2011, 05:13:53 pm »

It's not your fault in any way. How could it be?

Oh, for not being more proactive about getting myself involved socially.  Of course, there was rather a large volume of things I had to take care of--but it was my responsibility to go out and make friends and so on.

Worse, he'll probably try and tell you that time is relative next time he sees you.  Don't let him get away with it until he shows you proof of near light speed travel.

Hahahaha >_>

In any case, I guess I'll just call my mom up, we can commiserate a little, and then it's back to the mathematical grind.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #27629 on: April 14, 2011, 05:16:55 pm »

Same here.  Shit happens and the guy should be allowed to explain if there was some kind of emergency, even if it's unlikely.  Regardless, that really sucks.  I've had similar long periods in my life without social outings.  If I were around, I'd go out and do something with you.  Of course, my whole family would have to be included :p
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 1840 1841 [1842] 1843 1844 ... 8167