Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1816 1817 [1818] 1819 1820 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441789 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #27255 on: April 11, 2011, 08:40:56 am »

Vienna is a scary place. Crowded with people, confusing with all its subways, cable cars and identical streets. The public transport is reliable, though.

So I've visited my (hopefully) future univeristy, to have a look and gather some information.
Looks like they won't be accepting any applications for a couple of months. Access restrictions will be reintroduced, by the time I can apply.

Another thing that many would probably consider a good thing, while I don't, is that 9 out of 10 students seem to be women. Even if I manage to get in there, my first months will be spent nervous and insecure. On the plus side, women seem to make better friends to me, once I can overcome the initial fear.

On the way back I encountered an asian couple, asking me for directions. My english capabilities seemed to impress them. Maybe they are not that bad after all.

Not sure if this is in the right thread, but one saying "Things that made you insecure and uncertain of your future" does not exist.

Edit: Also, why is the forum not recognizing this as a 'post by phone'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsEBGhbSKVc
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27256 on: April 11, 2011, 09:36:08 am »

Ye gods I loathe the American education system.
I suppose I could rant about it, but blarg, I suck at ranting.
Land o' the free, eh?
*calmed now*
Wait for college, such a big difference (good one) compared to high school.

College is better education, but still has massive issues... mainly financial.  Massive investment for what's worth the same as a high school diploma was 30 years ago.
Thats why im in community college, cheaper than going straight to university, why i don't want to move, ruining my state residential status.

Got up this morning, go say hi to the family and instead i find my dad giving me a angry glare that i last saw on his face when my brother was arrested last month. He realizes that i still have plans to stay here and continues ranting. Pulls all of the cards: guilt, family, reasoning. He finally snapped i guess when he starts trying to make me depress, by then i was really pissed off especially where he was trying to make me depress. Fucking dick move for anybody and i really don't tolerate that shit. Told him "fuck off, i rather rot here in colorado now", then went to school :/

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27257 on: April 11, 2011, 09:36:50 am »

*SIGH*

I've felt like a part of me (emotionally) has been missing for years. It's a state of sadness that always comes back.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27258 on: April 11, 2011, 09:40:53 am »

I'm beginning to realise that the reason my kitteh's transformed from a brave little bastard to a supernervous little thing over the last couple of months is because she's been bullied by another, much bigger cat. I didn't spend much time outside with her during the winter/early spring but now that it's warm enough to spend more time outside, I've seen just how bad it is. I mean, I've seen the cat on the yard before and I more or less knew that they must have run into eachother, but now I've seen her being chased around by it several times per day...
I feel like I really let mah littel kitteh down. I hope I can somehow rebuild her confidence. One thing's for sure, though, (even if I can never make it stop attacking my cat, for natural reasons) I'm going to teach that little fucker to STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY LAWN.
Love, scriver~

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27259 on: April 11, 2011, 09:42:26 am »

I'm beginning to realise that the reason my kitteh's transformed from a brave little bastard to a supernervous little thing over the last couple of months is because she's been bullied by another, much bigger cat. I didn't spend much time outside with her during the winter/early spring but now that it's warm enough to spend more time outside, I've seen just how bad it is. I mean, I've seen the cat on the yard before and I more or less knew that they must have run into eachother, but now I've seen her being chased around by it several times per day...
I feel like I really let mah littel kitteh down. I hope I can somehow rebuild her confidence. One thing's for sure, though, (even if I can never make it stop attacking my cat, for natural reasons) I'm going to teach that little fucker to STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY LAWN.
i had to pull out the bb gun because some cat was invading the yard and jumping on my little kitteh.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #27260 on: April 11, 2011, 10:54:19 am »

Ye gods I loathe the American education system.
I suppose I could rant about it, but blarg, I suck at ranting.
Land o' the free, eh?
*calmed now*
Wait for college, such a big difference (good one) compared to high school.
College is better education, but still has massive issues... mainly financial.  Massive investment for what's worth the same as a high school diploma was 30 years ago.
Thats why im in community college, cheaper than going straight to university, why i don't want to move, ruining my state residential status.
What you get out of college will vary greatly with where you go. As for myself, since I came to RIT, I've been happier than I previously realized I could be. In part because it is the first time the course work was difficult enough to be interesting, in part because I fit in better here than anywhere else I have ever been.

As for high school, as my grandfather used to put it: "don't let school get in the way of your education."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:57:41 am by alway »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27261 on: April 11, 2011, 11:06:17 am »

The first two years or so of college will be prerequisite and general education crap for most of us. Absolutely nothing lost by taking them in a Community College where they are cheaper. Transfer when all of those classes are out of the way to a college specializing in your craft.

Although I'm getting a lot of pressure from my dad and the college to graduate while I still have financial aid, forgoing all arts classes for general education crap. It's kinda defeating the purpose for me. Whatever, I'm taking the next semester off anyway.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27262 on: April 11, 2011, 11:06:32 am »

Had some sort of panic attack earlier.
Lied down for a bit and I feel somewhat better now.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27263 on: April 11, 2011, 11:10:08 am »

Man, my half-uncle, the old bastard I've been ranting about, is making me sick to my stomach. I'm just trying to get myself something to eat in the kitchen, and he's in my face telling me about his childhood, politics, and all these fucking disgusting raunchy sex jokes; all the while his breath smells like a mixture of tobacco and vomit. What did I do to deserve this? I never fucking speak to him of my own volition, he just gets in my face and starts talking.

I'm ready to puke.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #27264 on: April 11, 2011, 11:13:40 am »

The first two years or so of college will be prerequisite and general education crap for most of us. Absolutely nothing lost by taking them in a Community College where they are cheaper. Transfer when all of those classes are out of the way to a college specializing in your craft.

Although I'm getting a lot of pressure from my dad and the college to graduate while I still have financial aid, forgoing all arts classes for general education crap. It's kinda defeating the purpose for me. Whatever, I'm taking the next semester off anyway.
Yeah, I had my AS degree when I graduated high school, leaving only about 2 classes not in my major I will need to take to get my bachelor's degree. Although if your state doesn't offer a PSEO program (and most don't), whether you go to a community college will be largely dependent upon your financial aid, which will naturally vary person to person. Several of my financial aid things are only valid for the first choice college or the first college you go to but not any sort of transfer to another college. So for community college, as with most things, YMMV. As for the actual interesting-ness of the classes and challenge, you would probably get lower caliber professors, but for the most part it shouldn't be too bad so long as you avoid the ones who truly can not teach.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27265 on: April 11, 2011, 01:09:29 pm »

Had some sort of panic attack earlier.
Lied down for a bit and I feel somewhat better now.
I'll put in on my tomorrows to-do-list, when I can be more rational about it.
Not all is lost...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27266 on: April 11, 2011, 02:01:26 pm »

Whatever, I'm taking the next semester off anyway.

This is a dangerous road you're looking down Duke.  I vaguely recall that you have some big thing planned, but maybe I'm thinking of someone else.  Whatever the case, if you really are set on taking a semester "off", make sure it's for a reason you can point to.  Every single friend I have who took a semester off to "find themselves" or "collect" or whatever, never went back.  And if I had taken any time off, no matter the reason, God knows I would have done the same.  Heck, I started taking summer classes just to get out faster and keep myself from slipping.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27267 on: April 11, 2011, 02:02:17 pm »

I took a year off.  Fubared my grades for this semester, but the goal was collecting myself and that's what happened.

EDIT: Also, to make this relevant, I am pretty bloody tired and don't want to go home to do math problems.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27268 on: April 11, 2011, 02:24:00 pm »

Friend of mine is pretty sick right now.
She's refusing to get out of class and get that taken care of for some reason. :I
I will never understand why people do that...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27269 on: April 11, 2011, 02:24:56 pm »

I can't take anything off because I need to hide my true feelings and bottle my emotions in an infinite space.
Pages: 1 ... 1816 1817 [1818] 1819 1820 ... 8167