Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1707 1708 [1709] 1710 1711 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438232 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25620 on: March 26, 2011, 05:42:10 am »

It's not weird at all.

everybody has differing levels of faith and means of expressing it.

some prefer pomp and ceremony, others prefer quiet contemplation.

still others like too loudly proclaim their beliefs to all who are in hearing distance. (I don't like these ones.)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25621 on: March 26, 2011, 05:59:54 am »

I'm sick with flu-like symptoms. Also, my joints are in large amounts of pain.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25622 on: March 26, 2011, 07:52:16 am »

I am glad to have attended a Church as a child; I loved the warm atmosphere there, the talents that people shared freely, the tasty ethnic food, and the quiet openness of the Narthex after everyone had gone to the social areas. That I haven't attended it anymore does leave me feeling like I'm missing something, from time to time, and I briefly considered going to a Universalist Church near my old apartment. It doesn't have quite the same appeal, but that may be a bias born of nostalgia.

I like using the term "spiritual" when people ask me whether I'm religious or not; I believe in the importance of goodness and compassion, but not for traditionally religious reasons. I love many of the ideas behind Christianity, and on rare occasions still pray. I don't put a lot of weight into the mysticism of it, but as a ritual it can help me get my thoughts in order, and decide on the best path to take... so I suppose I do it for guidance, after a fashion.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25623 on: March 26, 2011, 08:41:52 am »

Kitteh got in fight this morning. Legs been bitten. It's not really bad, but I don't think it's trivial either... She seems to be in a bit of schock as well, just lying around and not being her usual lively self. She wouldn't even drink her sour milk! :(
Love, scriver~

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25624 on: March 26, 2011, 09:03:49 am »

I am glad to have attended a Church as a child; I loved the warm atmosphere there, the talents that people shared freely, the tasty ethnic food, and the quiet openness of the Narthex after everyone had gone to the social areas. That I haven't attended it anymore does leave me feeling like I'm missing something, from time to time, and I briefly considered going to a Universalist Church near my old apartment. It doesn't have quite the same appeal, but that may be a bias born of nostalgia.

I like using the term "spiritual" when people ask me whether I'm religious or not; I believe in the importance of goodness and compassion, but not for traditionally religious reasons. I love many of the ideas behind Christianity, and on rare occasions still pray. I don't put a lot of weight into the mysticism of it, but as a ritual it can help me get my thoughts in order, and decide on the best path to take... so I suppose I do it for guidance, after a fashion.
Gosh, you're actually me. Who would have thought?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25625 on: March 26, 2011, 10:28:41 am »

Both saying "I'm religious" and saying "I'm not religious" feel wrong to me.  Isn't that bizarre?
That's why I don't say either.  It bugs me too.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25626 on: March 26, 2011, 10:31:16 am »

I don't know if I should feel happy or sad, but I found some churches near where I live that I'd like to go to once or twice.  Possibly for a long time.

I know a lot of people who would give me a lot of shit for making this decision, and I know a number of religious people who would probably be unhappy about my half-assed faith.  All I really want is somewhere quiet to go for a while.

Both saying "I'm religious" and saying "I'm not religious" feel wrong to me.  Isn't that bizarre?
Meh, im a proclaimed catholic but how much do you think i even bother to go to church or follow their rulings? Faith just depends on how much do you believe, i still believe theres a big guy up there rofl-ing at our attempts in life.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25627 on: March 26, 2011, 10:47:03 am »

Gah, my digital tablet stopped working again. I shouldn't have been so frugal.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25628 on: March 26, 2011, 10:47:53 am »

I wish I had a tablet.  How much for a decent one?  $50?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25629 on: March 26, 2011, 10:57:51 am »

I wish I had a tablet.  How much for a decent one?  $50?

I paid about $95 for mine, though it's probably a lot cheaper over there. The one I should've bought goes for about $250 here.

The ones professional artists use are in the $470-$2300 range.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25630 on: March 26, 2011, 10:59:02 am »

I have a tablet, it looks like my mouse on a mousepad because it's my mouse on a mousepad.
Shoes...

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25631 on: March 26, 2011, 10:59:19 am »

To my knowledge, any tablet under about 100$ will last you half a year (or until the warranty expires) then crap out on you.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25632 on: March 26, 2011, 10:59:49 am »

Wow I just got double wammy'd.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25633 on: March 26, 2011, 11:10:24 am »

Oh FFS.

The same ($250) tablet in the US is half the price. What the hell?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25634 on: March 26, 2011, 11:11:42 am »

lolz. Why is stuff cheaper here? I know theres import taxes but seriously, best bet is buy america and ship international.
Pages: 1 ... 1707 1708 [1709] 1710 1711 ... 8167