Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438505 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25605 on: March 25, 2011, 11:32:37 pm »

My grandmother suffered from a immunity disorder. Evans syndrome, her immune system attacks her blood cells but everytime they do they mutate so we can't use the same blood transfusion, she finally hit a stroke and died 3 days in a coma. I was fucking pissed at the time as the hospital kicked me and my siblings out for health hazard but i bet it was them dipshits running around >_>

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25606 on: March 25, 2011, 11:39:03 pm »

All I could think of was how badly I want him to get better.

It can happen, if he has enough life in him.  Keep his spirits up.  The worst that can happen to him is losing interest in recovery.  I've seen multiple strokes in my family, and only one never recovered because she just didn't want to.  I had a great grandfather who suffered multiple strokes and made a full recovery every time, living well into his 90's.

He's definitely a fighter... he served in the end of WW2, and despite being in his 80's he still does all his own farming and maintenance... even still dabbles in electronics projects, and does plenty of reading. If I know him at all, he's not the sort to give up, and he know's we're all wishing the best for him. Even his next-door neighbor was there at the Hospital, which was really sweet.

Here's to hope.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25607 on: March 26, 2011, 01:50:21 am »

I had a fight with my Mum, who is my best friend, over how racist she and the rest of my family are.

It really bothers me, but none of them seem to take me seriously when I raise the issue. They'll even discuss my 'weird' opinions with other relatives, making me out to be some sort of massively gullible/niave, white-knighting bleeding heart, when all I've ever done is make simple corrections to their broad over-generalisations.

I'm so close to Mum and this hurt me, a lot. I can see no level of understanding in her eyes. She might humour me occasionally ("Yes, you're right, sorry") but behind that hollow appeasement I can hear only pity; it's like the only reason she ever agrees is to protect our friendship and not upset this fragile little flower's sensitive feelings.

I tried to have a serious conversation about it and was basically shot down with an extremely childish rebuke. I could not be more disheartened or disappointed by her right now. The saddest thing is, I'm the one left feeling like an idiot. I'm the one who gets looks of "she's crazy" unless I label all Asians dog-eaters, all Iraqis evil, or all Muslims terrorists. I fucking hate it. How can they be so hatefully stupid? :(
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25608 on: March 26, 2011, 02:19:33 am »

Crud.  Did the wrong rhetoric reading.  Now I'm going to have to work harder tonight and tomorrow.

On the other hand, this means that I'll have the next two weeks of homework finished, which is pretty cool.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25609 on: March 26, 2011, 02:20:24 am »

Everything about the recent religion thread makes me sad.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25610 on: March 26, 2011, 02:36:46 am »

Everything about the recent religion thread makes me sad.
wololo
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25611 on: March 26, 2011, 02:37:51 am »

Augh... I just realize that I've pretty much spent the entire spring break doing Russian and Rhetoric homework and reading plays, as well as Japanese translations.  What I wanted to do was math and French reading... but there was so much other stuff I had to do.

Of course, when I go back to school I'll have no homework for the next two weeks other than mathematics, but I still really wish it hadn't gone this way.  Besides, I'm worried about my grades =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25612 on: March 26, 2011, 03:11:34 am »

Sometimes, watching an argument unfold over the internet goes from 'wow, these guys need to do more research' to 'ye gods, I cannot believe there are people like this out there.'

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25613 on: March 26, 2011, 03:17:16 am »

Sometimes, watching an argument unfold over the internet goes from 'wow, these guys need to do more research' to 'ye gods, I cannot believe there are people like this out there.'

... ?

Here, or elsewhere?  I would like to read this argument.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #25614 on: March 26, 2011, 03:22:25 am »

... ?

Here, or elsewhere?  I would like to read this argument.

All Internet Arguments in general, I think.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25615 on: March 26, 2011, 03:23:57 am »

Not all of them.
Usually anything where morality plays a part devolves into that though.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25616 on: March 26, 2011, 03:24:46 am »

Augh... I just realize that I've pretty much spent the entire spring break doing Russian and Rhetoric homework and reading plays, as well as Japanese translations.  What I wanted to do was math and French reading... but there was so much other stuff I had to do.

I had no idea it even was "Spring Break", except for hearing it commented on.  Exactly as I feared it would, time has been kinda blurring together since graduation.  Birthday right around the corner doesn't help the feeling.

Honestly, my biggest problem here is that I've been waiting most of the week for a call-back on a very promising job application.  I could take heart in thinking that if this is the caliber of their operation, they clearly need my help.  That would obviously be wild fantasy on my part, and the real answer is their very forthright email back was just to humor me and that they've actually been passed out on the floor laughing all week.  I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25617 on: March 26, 2011, 03:25:35 am »

I don't know where this Spring Break is coming from, mine has always been in April.

NullAshton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25618 on: March 26, 2011, 03:55:53 am »

Anything on http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TearJerker/RealLife apart from some of the troper tales.

And seeing people complain about minor things that don't really compare to anything like what's on that page.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25619 on: March 26, 2011, 05:30:47 am »

I don't know if I should feel happy or sad, but I found some churches near where I live that I'd like to go to once or twice.  Possibly for a long time.

I know a lot of people who would give me a lot of shit for making this decision, and I know a number of religious people who would probably be unhappy about my half-assed faith.  All I really want is somewhere quiet to go for a while.

Both saying "I'm religious" and saying "I'm not religious" feel wrong to me.  Isn't that bizarre?

Pages: 1 ... 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 ... 8167