Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1705 1706 [1707] 1708 1709 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438568 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25590 on: March 25, 2011, 09:40:50 pm »

Damn, that's a blow below the belt :/

Did she say that outright, or is it just that your probably depressed friend thinks that atm?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #25591 on: March 25, 2011, 09:43:26 pm »

I'm not sure... Considering that I am an entire district over and spend pretty much no time outside of this house... To be truthful, we haven't physically seen each other in years, though she is still the best friend I got.
Damn, I feel horrible for not trying to convince my mom not to move.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25592 on: March 25, 2011, 09:44:37 pm »

Bah... Lost 2 hours of work...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #25593 on: March 25, 2011, 09:45:53 pm »

Bah... Lost 2 hours of work...
Crash?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25594 on: March 25, 2011, 10:14:33 pm »

Three vials is pretty much the norm. There are plenty of tests to run.

Yeah, still, I'm a female vegetarian and it's a lot of blood for me to lose =/

Thanks, anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #25595 on: March 25, 2011, 10:51:10 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:51:22 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25596 on: March 25, 2011, 10:55:10 pm »

I'm the opposite =/  When people started bullying, I just made myself more and more noticeable and obvious, until at this point people I've never met will say they know me on first meeting--or some folks will have their friends asking about whether they really know "that girl."

Oh boy, I sure as heck had that everywhere I went up to university.

...At uni, it was one of my friends who had it.  Mostly because he wore fox ears, a tail, and a cape everywhere...  ._.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25597 on: March 25, 2011, 10:58:29 pm »

...At uni, it was one of my friends who had it.  Mostly because he wore fox ears, a tail, and a cape everywhere...  ._.

I wore a cape through one winter.  I think it was my second year in college.  That was fun :)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25598 on: March 25, 2011, 11:09:38 pm »

I'm sad because Newgrounds may be corrupt. Is it true that people can get banned there for stating their opinion or is it crap spread by permabanned people who are too stupid to follow the rules?

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25599 on: March 25, 2011, 11:10:40 pm »

Grandpa had another stroke, this one pretty bad. He's at the hospital, and I have no idea how well he's doing. The family organised a trip out to the hospital, and didn't tell me about it, the stroke, or anything. I wouldn't have heard about it at all unless I had caught my brother on his computer, and specifically asked asked what he was doing at my folk's house.

Going to the hospital now, and hoping for the best.

Between myself, one of my best friends, and another two friends, it seems to be a bad season for heart attacks among grandfathers. Hope you and him both get through this all right, Solifuge.

Just got back from the hospital with my Grandpa.

I don't have the complete story, but he was home alone, unconscious and covered in blood, when my uncle found him with exceptionally high blood pressure and a nosebleed. He was awake and aware when I saw him, but unable to make more than a few sounds; his speech center was apparently damaged during the stroke. He seems to be able to understand others and be aware enough of what's going on to try to respond, and has enough muscle control to nod or shake his head. His memory was as good as it has been, and he's obviously still in there... but I could see how frustrated he was at not being able to speak, or move parts of his body.

He's a brilliant, kind, and amazing man, and largely made me who I am today. The man was the rock that held me in place though a rough childhood, and has been more of a role model and father to me than anyone else in my life. He raised me when my mom was out dating and partying, and attended my events and concerts (even stayed out at 2am to catch my debut at a sleazy bar in Detroit). He taught me about computers, music, history, science, and airplanes... as well as the value of reason and compassion. He brought me to church, and though a religious man himself, he has never given me trouble for leaving it.

It was funny... while I was driving back, a big shooting star fell over the road. All I could think of was how badly I want him to get better.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25600 on: March 25, 2011, 11:15:10 pm »

I'm not sure... Considering that I am an entire district over and spend pretty much no time outside of this house... To be truthful, we haven't physically seen each other in years, though she is still the best friend I got.
Damn, I feel horrible for not trying to convince my mom not to move.
Brotip: It isn't a best friend if you haven't met them in a year+.

I just can't feel sympathetic when you claim this, especially since TMoM probably has just as much of a claim to that spot as your "Best friend" does. Yet you don't post a third person perspective every time she posts here.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25601 on: March 25, 2011, 11:18:22 pm »

Maybe because he hasn't experienced most of the stuff here. I wouldn't give advice for something i never past by before.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25602 on: March 25, 2011, 11:20:13 pm »

P.S. Windows 7 decided to crap out on me for the second time now. Registry got borked by some Microsoft Stupidity, and won't let me tweak it, so I have to boot in Linux to do anything about it. I'm DLing a Windows Emulator and a Registry Editor to fix it now.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25603 on: March 25, 2011, 11:22:31 pm »

Huh, that is strange, even Windows have rare registry errors.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25604 on: March 25, 2011, 11:26:44 pm »

All I could think of was how badly I want him to get better.

It can happen, if he has enough life in him.  Keep his spirits up.  The worst that can happen to him is losing interest in recovery.  I've seen multiple strokes in my family, and only one never recovered because she just didn't want to.  I had a great grandfather who suffered multiple strokes and made a full recovery every time, living well into his 90's.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:33:30 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 1705 1706 [1707] 1708 1709 ... 8167