Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1672 1673 [1674] 1675 1676 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446874 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25095 on: March 21, 2011, 09:52:01 pm »

Fuuuuck.

Pink, pink everywhere.

I can't use percussive maintenance because I fear I'll damage the new TV >_>

RAEG
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25096 on: March 21, 2011, 09:56:42 pm »

Have you gone to a doctor? It might be just IBS, but you might want to get it checked in case you have celiac disease
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25097 on: March 21, 2011, 10:13:25 pm »

I am the sad because minecraft does not work.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #25098 on: March 21, 2011, 10:16:01 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:46:27 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25099 on: March 21, 2011, 10:32:52 pm »

Our newest spambot is just pathetic. At least some of the others tried to look like genuine users.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25100 on: March 21, 2011, 10:37:49 pm »

Have you gone to a doctor? It might be just IBS, but you might want to get it checked in case you have celiac disease

Have gone to a doctor, no IBS (I don't have any other symptoms thereof,) no celiac disease (I don't have any issues with gluten,) and no crohn's disease, either. From what they gather, there's nothing wrong with my guts, they just don't like large amounts of fiber.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25101 on: March 21, 2011, 10:56:58 pm »

Just... one more essay, one crossword puzzle, four short listening comprehension exercises, and four extra-credit works... and then I'll really be done with the Russian work.

Well, I'll also have to do some other stuff, but the main body of this semester's work will really be over with.

And then I have to start taking notes for rhetoric class and working on these translations from Japanese that I promised people.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25102 on: March 21, 2011, 10:59:30 pm »

Vector, you just reminded me that i have 3 monthes worth of tests and homework i need to do for Geology.
least all the stuff is due at the end of  the semester.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #25103 on: March 21, 2011, 11:08:02 pm »

The xkcd linguistics subforum.

I mean honestly, what good is going to come from trying to decide the "grammatical correctness" of something by applying schema from completely unrelated languages. English does not have a partitive case.

*sigh* One more place I'm never posting.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25104 on: March 21, 2011, 11:09:52 pm »

The xkcd linguistics subforum.

I mean honestly, what good is going to come from trying to decide the "grammatical correctness" of something by applying schema from completely unrelated languages. English does not have a partitive case.

*sigh* One more place I'm never posting.

... Wait, what?  Can you explain?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #25105 on: March 21, 2011, 11:17:00 pm »

In a thread about using possessive noun phrases.

The saxon genitive (thanks for introducing me to that term, I'll be sure to use it from now on) is rarely used for partitives in my experience and is almost entirely limited to possession (including relationships e.g. "X's mother") and "of" is usually used for all other genitives although, of course, there are exceptions.

And I dunno the peculiarities of Finno-Ugrian grammar, but I'm pretty sure that the partitive case is most closely related to "some" in English.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25106 on: March 21, 2011, 11:25:48 pm »

Ah, yeah.

I have to say that I'm really not that fond of that place =/  I don't think I even understand why, really.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #25107 on: March 21, 2011, 11:31:53 pm »

Yeah, I go there every few months out of desperation and I inevitably end up disappointed.

Not really sure why either, it just rubs me the wrong way. Although those "converse in the language you're learning" threads are probably really helpful.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25108 on: March 21, 2011, 11:33:43 pm »

Yeah.  Didn't help that they asked if I was high on my first visit to the Serious Business section.  Apparently they couldn't understand the idea that disorder is defined by the norm, not necessarily by adaptability of behavior  ::)

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #25109 on: March 21, 2011, 11:39:02 pm »

Wait so if I'm understanding you, you said that disorder is defined by comparison to a baseline and they asked you if you were high?

Were they high?
Pages: 1 ... 1672 1673 [1674] 1675 1676 ... 8167