Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1673 1674 [1675] 1676 1677 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446423 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25110 on: March 22, 2011, 12:01:57 am »

Wait so if I'm understanding you, you said that disorder is defined by comparison to a baseline and they asked you if you were high?

Were they high?

I basically said something like that, yes, and was arguing that a lot of mental disorder diagnosis could be seen as normalizing rather than positive.

I got kicked out of the thread.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25111 on: March 22, 2011, 12:11:31 am »

I turned in my last essay for English 113 too late and got a 0 on it, dropping my grade down to a D that got barely bumped up to a C

My honor is soiled.
Shoes...

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #25112 on: March 22, 2011, 12:16:17 am »

I basically said something like that, yes, and was arguing that a lot of mental disorder diagnosis could be seen as normalizing rather than positive.

Well ooookay. That sounds pretty uncontroversial to me but whatever.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25113 on: March 22, 2011, 12:21:11 am »

Uncontroversial, but it's the xkcd forum.  Seeing the comic I can't imagine what the people who post in the forum for the comic are like.
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25114 on: March 22, 2011, 12:28:12 am »

Well ooookay. That sounds pretty uncontroversial to me but whatever.

Uncontroversial, but it's the xkcd forum.  Seeing the comic I can't imagine what the people who post in the forum for the comic are like.

My interpretation is that it's a site full of people who are too busy trying to look smart and be politically correct to actually permit honest thinking about various issues.

I was also 18 at the time and thus didn't have the necessary vocabulary to make them listen to me, so instead they accused me of being high and I got kicked out of the discussion by the mod >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #25115 on: March 22, 2011, 12:37:41 am »

My interpretation is that it's a site full of people who are too busy trying to look smart and be politically correct to actually permit honest thinking about various issues.
Yeah, I think that's pretty spot on. Seems to be true of most of the more "intellectual" forums. Especially the trying to look smart part.

We all wanna look smart, but you gotta curb that urge. Because it will turn you into a jackass.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25116 on: March 22, 2011, 12:46:40 am »

Yeah, I think that's pretty spot on. Seems to be true of most of the more "intellectual" forums. Especially the trying to look smart part.

We all wanna look smart, but you gotta curb that urge. Because it will turn you into a jackass.

Yeah, I've realized that when I go over there, I just end up feeling dumb because of all the people trying to look intelligent and be cool ;_;  I way prefer it over here, where we can all be socially incompetent dorks together.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25117 on: March 22, 2011, 12:47:42 am »

Social Incompetence Squad GO!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25118 on: March 22, 2011, 01:02:28 am »

Vec, if you think that, don't go to the upper forums. There was an entire thread about who was more elitist. I'd say I won. :D
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25119 on: March 22, 2011, 01:06:10 am »

I agree on the part with the social incompetence.
However the dorkiness is varying.
I've recieved the full dosis for example.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25120 on: March 22, 2011, 01:50:41 am »

I'm staying with my dad while the inside of the house is being painted, and because he likes when I come over.  Got here, only thing to drink is a twelve pack of Coke in the back of his truck.  I'd occasionally get one, drink it, left it in the back of the truck because I figured it had a reason for being there.  He went to work, and will be back some time this morning.

All that's here to drink is beer.  I can't even drink water because there's no cups.

:c
Shoes...

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25121 on: March 22, 2011, 01:53:07 am »

Everything internet has been finicky and slow today.
Netflix, DDL, browsing, et cetera.
Grah, so annoying.
Torrents have been the only reliable method of data transfer today.
Worst part is: I can't connect to the school's online thingy to grab the information on a three weeks overdue Japanese project and another due this Thursday.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #25122 on: March 22, 2011, 01:53:59 am »

I'm staying with my dad while the inside of the house is being painted, and because he likes when I come over.  Got here, only thing to drink is a twelve pack of Coke in the back of his truck.  I'd occasionally get one, drink it, left it in the back of the truck because I figured it had a reason for being there.  He went to work, and will be back some time this morning.

All that's here to drink is beer.  I can't even drink water because there's no cups.
Wow, that really sucks.

Can you uhm... fashion a beer can into a cup or something?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25123 on: March 22, 2011, 01:56:39 am »

I drink water out of repurposed soda cans all the time.
Trick is to pour out the first fill or it'll taste like shit.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25124 on: March 22, 2011, 02:14:35 am »

Why are you complaining?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 1673 1674 [1675] 1676 1677 ... 8167