Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1569 1570 [1571] 1572 1573 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452455 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #23550 on: February 28, 2011, 08:06:24 pm »

I suspected that might be the case, but there's no .bat file in the zip. (Even if there was, I suspect my computer would find some excuse to not run the file type.)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23551 on: February 28, 2011, 08:08:49 pm »

I suspected that might be the case, but there's no .bat file in the zip. (Even if there was, I suspect my computer would find some excuse to not run the file type.)

K. Uploading to Mediafire now.

Edit: Well, try this then http://www.mediafire.com/?dprc2f8goab4cia
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:10:35 pm by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23552 on: February 28, 2011, 08:19:17 pm »

There's good news and bad news. The good news is that I got it working, as per your instructions (thanks!). The bad news is that I'm an idiot who didn't realize that the file type might not appear, and that I should have looked for the file name instead.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23553 on: February 28, 2011, 08:20:22 pm »

There's good news and bad news. The good news is that I got it working, as per your instructions (thanks!). The bad news is that I'm an idiot who didn't realize that the file type might not appear, and that I should have looked for the file name instead.

*Face* + *Palm*

Well, glad it's working for ya.
*Hugs*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23554 on: February 28, 2011, 08:21:40 pm »

well that was anti-climatic

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #23555 on: March 01, 2011, 02:57:10 am »

I just gave up on Prince of Persia: Sands of Time because it's literally giving me a game over screen every two seconds whether or not I'm dying.

*Takes two steps* "No, no, no. That didn't happen"
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23556 on: March 01, 2011, 03:00:02 am »

He didn't walk THAT way. He had more of a swagger.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #23557 on: March 01, 2011, 03:50:44 am »

I just gave up on Prince of Persia: Sands of Time because it's literally giving me a game over screen every two seconds whether or not I'm dying.

*Takes two steps* "No, no, no. That didn't happen"

:<

Good game, though not exactly good for a replay.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #23558 on: March 01, 2011, 05:29:21 am »

Are you in the library? The princess likes to climb into the spike pit there. I've no idea why there's a spike pit there, you're never near enough to it to fall into it.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23559 on: March 01, 2011, 07:25:35 am »

No, I'm in the baths. I still haven't tried restarting though. If I run into the problem again, I might have to complain to GameFly that they gave me a faulty disk. Also, while I'm at it, I might as well ask why the game at #1 on the queue didn't get sent when it says "Available now".
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23560 on: March 01, 2011, 07:51:38 am »

My parents manage to yet again ruin a show for me by dumb comments.From my father who for some reason just has to explain to us what exactly is happening or is about to happen to my mother who manages to make every possible connection to the shit that is happening in real life, really, really infurating.And they wonder why i don't spend more time with them

A friend of minehas it worse. His ma wants you to explain whatever she's watching to her, even when she's watching it and you are not. Seriously, we walked in the door one day when she was watching some movie or other (that neither of us ever had or ever will watch) and she immediately told us she was confused and started bombarding us with questions about the movie.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #23561 on: March 01, 2011, 08:39:58 am »

My mother does that all the time
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23562 on: March 01, 2011, 08:52:32 am »

My wife does that. It's one reason we rarely go to the movies together anymore.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23563 on: March 01, 2011, 10:28:35 am »

My parents manage to yet again ruin a show for me by dumb comments.From my father who for some reason just has to explain to us what exactly is happening or is about to happen to my mother who manages to make every possible connection to the shit that is happening in real life, really, really infurating.And they wonder why i don't spend more time with them
My parents do that sometimes. Except that my dad actually makes interesting comments about the subject matter. I actually learn things while I watch movies, awesome.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23564 on: March 01, 2011, 12:33:48 pm »

Well that would be nice if mine didn't point out the most obvious things a five year old would understand, but i guess it's just him as he approaches everything like that, i remember once asking him what trigonometric function should i use in one of my homework assignments (this was way before we even did trigonometry, the teachers was rather insane) so he sits me down and takes my whole evening explaining trigonometry to me, in the end i didn't get the function that i needed nor did i have any better understanding of trigonometry.
Anyway, rain tommorow, with wind and general coldness, fuck yeah
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 1569 1570 [1571] 1572 1573 ... 8167