Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465811 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #22500 on: February 14, 2011, 06:51:28 pm »

Toony... I have a confession to make.

I HATE THE SUN
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22501 on: February 14, 2011, 06:51:51 pm »

Toony... I have a confession to make.

I HATE THE SUN
We could have a daughter.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22502 on: February 14, 2011, 06:53:00 pm »

I don't think I could have a daughter.

I'd wean her on M-rated games and instant noodles.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22503 on: February 14, 2011, 06:55:45 pm »

Don't worry.  I'll join that class with the name Ozone and totally rock your atmosphere.

Argh, Toony, did you have to say that?!

Bad puns...

they burn
That Ozone is just on fire.

Spoiler: *Sunglasses* (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22504 on: February 14, 2011, 06:57:06 pm »

YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22505 on: February 15, 2011, 12:48:36 am »

Hah. Facemelt.

I feel like playing borderlands.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22506 on: February 15, 2011, 12:58:32 am »

I feel like playing borderlands.

then why don't you?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22507 on: February 15, 2011, 01:22:06 am »

He's too busy watching my face melt, again and again and again and again...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #22508 on: February 15, 2011, 05:33:02 am »

Was stood up today.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22509 on: February 15, 2011, 05:37:32 am »

I'm supposed to be writing a brief forum post on an 8-page excerpt of Marx's German Ideology.

I have been typing for 4 hours.  Straight.

Why do I do this to myself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #22510 on: February 15, 2011, 07:16:39 am »

Three hours until the midterm I'm destined to fail thanks to a teacher who refuses to give anyone in the class remotely good marks. I feel prepared relative to a test in any other course, but that doesn't give me any more confidence :\

Probably leave an hour early and hop by the coffeehouse for some more relaxed final review. I'm been studying my ass off, and with the high levels of panic and pressure I've been feeling, it's not likely things stuck as well as they should have.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22511 on: February 15, 2011, 07:45:16 am »

Pardon my naiveté, but can't you and the class band together and ask her? Teaching is what they are supposed to do, after all. Or does she just plain out refuse to speak with you about it/explain further?

It's a lot more of the latter. She doesn't refuse to speak to us about it or anything, but where we differ is that I think the most important part of testing students on their grasping of concepts is if they can prove they understand it and its implications, while she seems to feel that if the student has memorized the exact phrasing of a concept, whether or not they understand it, that's a much better indicator of how good they are with the material. Feels like a really old-school approach to me, and it's not like she's unwilling to help us study or anything, but... she has the most specific criteria for getting points that it's impossible to hit them at all. I guess the reason I do fine on the essays is because that's where she's looking for understanding of concepts, while she treats tests like a judge of how good one is at exact memorization and regurgitation.
I had a college class like that. It was bad enough that I had to take it in the first place (mandatory elective, the course was listed as "discusses the ramifications  modern technology in the dynamic modern workplace" but was really "black people are your friends. You should not fear them because they are black. Japanese people are your friends. You should not fear them because they are Japanese.") The teacher was so clearly phoning it in that he refused to allow any discussions on the few good points that did somehow manage to get raised, and then I failed the final exam because I made the mistake of answering it with the correct answer.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22512 on: February 15, 2011, 09:13:37 am »

I suddenly feel like re-creating the forum story I had going a while back. That pulled a fair few hours into it, and I've been feeling a little uninspired lately. Really, I feel dumb. For the past few months I have felt dumb.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22513 on: February 15, 2011, 02:05:51 pm »

My throat hurts and i have been lightheaded and unable to focus for most of the day, and i have a math test in two days, it will have more letters than numbers in it, and i really hate that
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22514 on: February 15, 2011, 02:24:19 pm »

I find my distaste for pants growing by the day, but, as luck would have it, clothes are the one thing that my family would be intolerant about, and my work wouldn't allow skirts even if I was a girl, so I'm stuck in uncomfortable, unappealing clothes for hte majority of my time.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 8167