Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471804 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #22260 on: February 11, 2011, 09:47:22 pm »

I may or may not have some scars on my left shoulder from the misguided and shallow thoughts of my younger teenage days. I would like to think I am past that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22261 on: February 11, 2011, 09:49:25 pm »

I have a major scar near my left knee from jumping on an old couch.
Don't really know why I did that that, now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22262 on: February 11, 2011, 09:50:27 pm »

Man, I already have enough stupid scars, and my hands are all rough from dish-washing, too.  I used to have the nicest skin.
Odd how you care for this despite throwing up your arms at fashion, but deep down we all care about looks no matter what the standard for it is. Hand scars are not too bad though, people are understanding of those, despite how visible they are second only to the face or any limbs you show a lot of skin of.

I care about this because I'm really sensitive to touch and temperature, and the side of one of my hands honestly feels a bit sandpapery.  I like holding hands... it's really important to me.  The reason why I'm worried about hand-scars is because my aunt and step-grandmother have lots of them, and their skin is kind of disgusting now that they're older.  I don't want to end up like that.

How I look and stuff like that basically comes down to "well, I'll please myself and that will be that."

But this is displeasing :I

At least my parents will be bringing by some rubber gloves when we celebrate Valentine's Day together this weekend, so hopefully they may start getting softer if I take good care of them.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22263 on: February 11, 2011, 09:53:11 pm »

The fact that there are people on earth that throw there arms up at fashion makes me sad. Ok, I can understand if you don't like that filth that they have runway models put on, but it's so entertaining to dress up/dress others up/be dressed up. Clothes shopping is fun!

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22264 on: February 11, 2011, 09:57:28 pm »

The only scar I have from an injury is a small one on my chin. On the first day of grade 1, I was waiting for the bus home on the sidewalk in front of the school and some guy on a bicycle knocked me down and I caught the pavement with my chin. The guy didn't even stop.

I guess it made me sad at the time, but by now the mental image of this guy plowing down first-graders on his bicycle is too ridiculous not to be amused by.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22265 on: February 11, 2011, 10:02:12 pm »

The only scar I have from an injury is a small one on my chin. On the first day of grade 1, I was waiting for the bus home on the sidewalk in front of the school and some guy on a bicycle knocked me down and I caught the pavement with my chin. The guy didn't even stop.

I guess it made me sad at the time, but by now the mental image of this guy plowing down first-graders on his bicycle is too ridiculous not to be amused by.

That is rather amusing!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22266 on: February 11, 2011, 10:05:49 pm »

At least my parents will be bringing by some rubber gloves when we celebrate Valentine's Day together this weekend, so hopefully they may start getting softer if I take good care of them.
Be sure there is some padding on the inside, and if not wear some cheap wool gloves on under them. Straight up rubber can be hell on sensitive skin.

I have a faint scar-like thing on my cheek when some cousins threw a chair at me when I was 5. It's more like a depression that never grew back, so I guess it can't be called a scar.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22267 on: February 11, 2011, 10:09:32 pm »

The fact that there are people on earth that throw there arms up at fashion makes me sad. Ok, I can understand if you don't like that filth that they have runway models put on, but it's so entertaining to dress up/dress others up/be dressed up. Clothes shopping is fun!

Frankly, I'm just not good at it and I don't enjoy having my hair fucked around with.  I don't wear makeup or "fashionable clothing" because it just... doesn't work.

To be dressed up, you have to have a dress-uppable personality; and, as my ex-boyfriend used to say, I don't look like a cute girl when I wear nice clothes, I look like a nerd in a dress.  Or, you know, I don't have the personality to look good in more sensual clothing (where by sensual, I mean halter tops and upward).  Something about always concentrating.

I do trust his judgment on this, since it basically matches everything everyone else has said to me over the years.  "In ten years I'll be beautiful and have a hot guy, but Vector will still be Vector no matter what she does and no matter how much time passes."

Besides, I kind of like that people don't treat me the way they do most folks.  I make friends with guys, and they don't make passes at me; I can make friends with girls, too.  The guys treat me like I'm one of them, just unusually polite, well-mannered, and not so likely to make or laugh at penis jokes; and the girls, if they're not too busy being fashionable, usually treat me well, too.

I do feel a bit apart, but at least this way I feel equal.  I'm not a girl failing at being a girl or a girl failing at being a guy.  I'm just me, and I can be treated like a person rather than a walking gender stereotype.

Be sure there is some padding on the inside, and if not wear some cheap wool gloves on under them. Straight up rubber can be hell on sensitive skin.

Okay, thank you.  I'll keep that in mind.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22268 on: February 11, 2011, 10:10:58 pm »

aww, i blew up my cannon XC

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22269 on: February 11, 2011, 10:14:59 pm »

Too much powder, or faulty construction?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22270 on: February 11, 2011, 10:16:57 pm »

its a really scaled down cannon ie. fricking soda can on a brick filled with some blackpowder and a tennis ball in the end, guess the pressure was too much.... well onwards to the pvc pipe then.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22271 on: February 11, 2011, 10:29:17 pm »

I don't really have any questions for myself.  I do like the fact I've always been getting better as time goes along.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22272 on: February 11, 2011, 10:34:14 pm »

its a really scaled down cannon ie. fricking soda can on a brick filled with some blackpowder and a tennis ball in the end, guess the pressure was too much.... well onwards to the pvc pipe then.
Use no more than 1/3 the weight of the tennis ball in powder. Less will probably work.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22273 on: February 11, 2011, 10:47:57 pm »

When I'm working with projectile devices that use a chemical propellant, I like to unsure I use am much fuel as I can get my hands on, combined with a rich source of oxiodising agent.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22274 on: February 11, 2011, 10:49:19 pm »

try NOS and blackpowder..... with some distance
Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 ... 8167