Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1482 1483 [1484] 1485 1486 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471742 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #22245 on: February 11, 2011, 09:17:17 pm »

I feel like I have somehow constructivly improved the level of depressing talk on this thread... On one hand, it was constructive, on the other, it was depressing. The mixed emotions here is making me sad today.
Good for you, you've kept the sad thread on topic for a few pages.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #22246 on: February 11, 2011, 09:19:19 pm »

Every time I start a new story I feel like I have a huge amount of research I need to do before I can begin. Even a fantasy story, I have to be in control and knowledgeable about every single detail of the world I'm building. I need to know the geography, but I also need to know how those geographic features were formed, and how they affect the political and cultural climate of the area. I need to have a specific real life analogue for the civilization, and a specific point during that analogue's history. But I also have to know that civilization's past and future and they have to be formulated expertly to resemble real-world affairs. The list of topics I have to research for even a short story is huge and sometimes it feels as if I'm just using research, using perfection, as an excuse to put off actually working.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22247 on: February 11, 2011, 09:20:53 pm »

I feel like I have somehow constructivly improved the level of depressing talk on this thread... On one hand, it was constructive, on the other, it was depressing. The mixed emotions here is making me sad today.

STOP BEING POSITIVE!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22248 on: February 11, 2011, 09:24:54 pm »

STOP BEING POSITIVE!
STOP YELLING AT ME! :( :(
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22250 on: February 11, 2011, 09:30:54 pm »

STOP YELLING AT ME! :( :(

Thank you!

And now you express a positive remark.

Can we stop with the idiocy?

EDIT: On-topic: I cut myself pretty badly while peeling potatoes.  Again.  Gosh-darnit.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22251 on: February 11, 2011, 09:31:38 pm »

I was having fun with it... Thus making it off topic. The fact that it is now comming to an end makes me sad.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22252 on: February 11, 2011, 09:33:07 pm »

EDIT: On-topic: I cut myself pretty badly while peeling potatoes.  Again.  Gosh-darnit.
Brightside: You can use the potato-accident scars to forge a story of how you stabbed a man to death in Vegas just to watch him die.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22253 on: February 11, 2011, 09:33:16 pm »

Using a knife or a peeler? Knife injuries have a sort of familiarity to it, you sort of expect it and things don't seem as bad as you imagine a knife could do. Peelers are just brutal though.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22254 on: February 11, 2011, 09:34:59 pm »

Using a knife or a peeler? Knife injuries have a sort of familiarity to it, you sort of expect it and things don't seem as bad as you imagine a knife could do. Peelers are just brutal though.

Peeler.  The blood was dripping everywhere, practically coating my finger... when I bleed, I gush  ::)

Man, I already have enough stupid scars, and my hands are all rough from dish-washing, too.  I used to have the nicest skin.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22255 on: February 11, 2011, 09:37:29 pm »

don't worry, scars are more natural anyway. i got scars all over my arms and a deep one on my leg due to some douchekid stabbed me....

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22256 on: February 11, 2011, 09:40:07 pm »

Man, I already have enough stupid scars, and my hands are all rough from dish-washing, too.  I used to have the nicest skin.
Odd how you care for this despite throwing up your arms at fashion, but deep down we all care about looks no matter what the standard for it is. Hand scars are not too bad though, people are understanding of those, despite how visible they are second only to the face or any limbs you show a lot of skin of.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22257 on: February 11, 2011, 09:41:53 pm »

We expect people to cut their hands, as most people do some kind of work.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22258 on: February 11, 2011, 09:43:22 pm »

Neck scars are very visible, as everyone is incredibly quick to stage whisper about.
*Hugs*

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22259 on: February 11, 2011, 09:44:34 pm »

Not me! I NEVER cut my hands. The rest of me is a different story. By the way, I repeatedly pushed a pencil into my arm for the hell of it a week aga, then pushhed in a pen. The result is still raised and red, and the centre is blue. Is there still a bit of pencil inside my arm, or did I actually give myself a tattoo with the pen?
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.
Pages: 1 ... 1482 1483 [1484] 1485 1486 ... 8167