Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1310 1311 [1312] 1313 1314 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473586 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #19665 on: January 07, 2011, 12:18:11 am »

I like how "Actual History" is such a close color to orange that it barely shows up.
Symbolic of the History Channel's attempt to make us all believe the things they show are ligitimate histo-

Am I looking at the symbolic value of a frigging GraphJam?
a transparent, unreadable on Darkling on one at that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19666 on: January 07, 2011, 12:18:46 am »

Yup. How's it feel?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19667 on: January 07, 2011, 12:24:09 am »

Yup. How's it feel?
...dirty. And not the fun kind. The Realmfighter kind. Although I suppose he would consider those to be the same.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19668 on: January 07, 2011, 12:25:16 am »

Yup. How's it feel?
...dirty. And not the fun kind. The Realmfighter kind. Although I suppose he would consider those to be the same.
probably.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19669 on: January 07, 2011, 12:45:16 am »

There is bad dirty, and fun dirty.

And I have no idea why you would even feel the need to deny fun dirty and replace it with extremely fun dirty.

We get the gist of what your saying.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19670 on: January 07, 2011, 07:48:47 am »

That graph is horribly inaccurate. They replaced half the alien stuff and nearly all the 9/11 and Doomsday stuff with more Modern Marvels. Only show I really like on it any more is Pawn Stars.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19671 on: January 07, 2011, 10:11:36 am »

Well, my teacher's email inbox is full so I can't contact him, and the classroom the course is supposed to be in doesn't exist. It's also not anywhere else in the same building. And I'm not the only one having this issue, as I ran into like twenty classmates who have no idea where to be.

So I can't go until I find out where the class is, which I'll never know until the teacher figures out the mistake on his own.

God damn. I didn't like this course anyhow but I want to be able to go to the classes I pay for :\

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19672 on: January 07, 2011, 10:21:11 am »

Well, yesterday the big confrontation happened. I thank you guys for the advice, and I'll likely be going down my own avenue based on them.

It was not as bad as I thought it would be, but more intense than I imagined. Possibly because I realized that I'm terrified of my dad, and that is why a lot of this crap is happening. I don't tell him when I first screw up, so I continue to screw up and come to this double failure. When he confronts me I can't speak in fright, so he comes to various inaccurate conclusions that infuriate me, leaving me a broken shell that is filled with rage but has no method of letting it out.

And just to clarify, my father has never abused me, at least never in a way that is recognized by anybody that isn't a child psychologist. Physical punishment ended when I entered school, and for the most part he has adopted the idea that you have to let your kids have more and more freedom as they grow older and let them discover stuff on their own. I'm really having difficulty finding what to blame on him as this fear has been there longer than I remember and it was mostly due to this that a lot of the issues have popped up.

I'll write a letter explaining this revelation to him. Perhaps it'll help the situation out.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19673 on: January 07, 2011, 10:47:22 am »

I stopped watching NotHistory when they started doing those CG battle shows on battles like in the punic war or david and goliath, they were so retarded its not even funny. 

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:00:10 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19674 on: January 07, 2011, 10:50:13 am »

And just to clarify, my father has never abused me, at least never in a way that is recognized by anybody that isn't a child psychologist.

It doesn't take a child psychologist to know what emotional abuse is.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19675 on: January 07, 2011, 11:01:01 am »

And just to clarify, my father has never abused me, at least never in a way that is recognized by anybody that isn't a child psychologist. Physical punishment ended when I entered school, and for the most part he has adopted the idea that you have to let your kids have more and more freedom as they grow older and let them discover stuff on their own. I'm really having difficulty finding what to blame on him as this fear has been there longer than I remember and it was mostly due to this that a lot of the issues have popped up.

Been there and did that when I was seventeen, emotional abuse and all.  I resolved the issue by moving in with my estranged mother, having some very angry phone calls, and not speaking with him much for about two years.  Now we get along great, and he falls all over himself to apologize.  I can't say for certain what you'll come up with for a conclusion, but the one that I eventually reached was that it just didn't matter anymore, once I didn't have to rely on him.

Of course, our father-vs-teenager blowup coincided if not precipitated from being foreclosed on while he was denied his addictions.  I wish had more useful advice, but as nearly universal a situation as yours is, they're all critically different too.  But hey man, we've all been through it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19676 on: January 07, 2011, 11:04:29 am »

Damn if that isn't the truth...
*Hugs*

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #19677 on: January 07, 2011, 12:44:54 pm »

On a subject of somewhat lesser gravitas, the image I wanted to use as my new avatar is too wide to display the smirk properly and I can't crop it enough without kinda ruining it.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19678 on: January 07, 2011, 01:39:07 pm »

Well, something disturbing FINALLY hit me after far too much delay:

Remember when I said, and sorta bragged, about how one of my sister's friends assumed I was younger than I actually was by my looks alone, or something like that?

Spoiler: Well... (click to show/hide)

Excuse my rant, but I just recently learned all this, and tallying all the information I've gathered and everything else, this sure as hell explains alot with my life, and it rightfully pisses me the hell off royally.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:48:47 pm by Itnetlolor »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19679 on: January 07, 2011, 01:49:29 pm »

What especially pisses me off about this is how long have I been led to believe that the reason I've not been succeeding with women my entire life was because of me and my personality and everything else alone?

It's not your family's job to tell you if someone thinks you're cute.  Often people don't want that information to get back to the object of their attraction, especially not through the grapevine, and especially not through their family (that's just weird).  In all of my relationships, there have been really close mutual friends, best friends even, who knew about the attraction beforehand but were smart enough not to spill the beans.  That's what makes them good friends instead of gossipy schoolgirls.

Making a relationship happen is the responsibility of you and a potential partner and nobody else, least of all your family.  There's absolutely something wrong with your personality if you're reliant on your family to initiate your relationships.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:54:24 pm by Footkerchief »
Pages: 1 ... 1310 1311 [1312] 1313 1314 ... 8167