Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 [1313] 1314 1315 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9472374 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #19680 on: January 07, 2011, 01:53:39 pm »

What especially pisses me off about this is how long have I been led to believe that the reason I've not been succeeding with women my entire life was because of me and my personality and everything else alone?
It's not your family's job to tell you if someone thinks you're cute.  Often people don't want that information to get back to the object of their attraction, especially not through gossipy channels, and especially not through their family (that's just weird).  In all of my relationships, there have been really close mutual friends, best friends even, who knew about the attraction beforehand but were smart enough not to spill the beans.

Making a relationship happen is the responsibility of you and a potential partner and nobody else, least of all your family.  Seriously man.
Yeah, I already know that, but it more bothers me out of the principle of possibly how often this has happened, and how completely oblivious I've been, and that I've been more often instructed on stuff I already knew (grooming and such) than what I really needed to know (what signs to look out for if interest is taken and etc., or considering I have so many sisters, a bit more information of female psychology. Basically, I get the BS grooming training, and my older brothers get the advice I need).

I guess to prevent a derail, I'll just cut it off here.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:57:29 pm by Itnetlolor »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19681 on: January 07, 2011, 01:59:15 pm »

You know, you can also get "information of female psychology" by just making some friends.  Why are you so reliant on your family for advice and social connections?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19682 on: January 07, 2011, 02:04:11 pm »

Today I realized that the program that we'll be using for audio editing in my Computer Art class not only wouldn't run on my computer anyway, but also is only for OS X. I don't have OS X, nor do I have the money to buy a Mac or the time to spend in my college's computer lab where they have approximately eight Macs that are, most of the time, taken. Also, I've never used OS X.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19683 on: January 07, 2011, 02:05:17 pm »

Proximity is essentially the reason. Plus, considering my older siblings have more experience, I can learn from them. Plus, my social contacts are more a series of run-ins and such. I've just had too much work to do and such over the years that I couldn't maintain any real friendships and such. Plus, I always had to be on-call for something just in case. Plus, I'm not too much for going out and hanging out with people (at least, parties don't hold my interest long enough, and I've hung out at enough places to know the social landscape isn't all that appealing). My town isn't exactly what I'd call the best place to hang around with people at. I've even checked out nearby towns, and they're not all the better either. Financial reasons also kinda keep me trapped in the same location.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19684 on: January 07, 2011, 02:11:01 pm »

Well then, you've learned today that relying on your family to improve your social life is a bad idea. This is good. You won't do it ever again.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19685 on: January 07, 2011, 02:14:41 pm »

I got to 'Enjoy' having 3 homophobes in my college diploma. I complained about it and nothing happened. I now feel on the edge and I feel like I can get pissed off at anything near me.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19686 on: January 07, 2011, 02:18:39 pm »

Wait a minute. Do you mean "homophones," indicating grammatical errors in a college diploma, or is your diploma engraved on the flesh of several people, three of whom hate gays?

EDIT: Or is your diploma imbued with their souls?
EDIT2: To the out-of-context thread.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:24:17 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19687 on: January 07, 2011, 02:20:42 pm »

You misread.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19688 on: January 07, 2011, 02:28:08 pm »

Well then, you've learned today that relying on your family to improve your social life is a bad idea. This is good. You won't do it ever again.
Well, I've already known it was a pretty bad idea in the first place, considering the consistency of advice given over the ages. I was just hoping a rare chance that something good would slip out and would come across to be a real help by mistake (I've been patient waiting for such a thing; I knew things have been hidden from me for ages, and this revealed a crap-ton). Apparently this bad news was the slip-up I've been waiting for, and I managed to deconstruct everything in a far shorter time than I expected afterward.

All things considered, in my short rage, I managed to figure out all the points I've been going the wrong angle with, I recalled the parts I did right, and I'm re-evaluating all the times where a sign may have been present and noting it in my mind's eye. It took long enough, but I finally managed to get all the information I needed from today. Oddly enough, I'm feeling motivated to try once more, but with my refined outlook and methods of getting things done. Also considering I already spent enough time "being myself for me" and everything else over at least the past 2 years, I have more inner confidence and such to try my own methods out, instead of everyone else's advice and such. Of course, not all sloppy and such (I do know to dress appropriately and so forth; I just needed the motivation to, which this accidentally created), but provided I can afford to again, I might try to find an opportunity to go out again. God willing, THIS time, I will succeed; or at least cause a cascade of chances to finally reveal themselves. Basically, I'm actually going to be 100% myself going out, and fully aware of it, instead of being tricked to believe I'm being myself, but actually following a guideline that's not mine, essentially saying otherwise.

In a sense, I think this can be considered a eureka moment for me for something that has been bothering me for eons. Plus, as the emotional context shows, I've calmed down and back to reasonably happy. I love eureka moments.

EDIT:
Further thanks to everyone for not being assholes about this issue that came up and respectfully helping me out in your own ways.

EDIT EDIT:
Furthermore, sorry if I ended up sounding immature and whatnot during that whole rant and etc.. It just came as such a shock to me after I realized how long it was going on for. Surprisingly, I consider this handling of the situation well by all fronts (though initially, not the best start for me). This was diffused rather well and swiftly.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:29:12 pm by Itnetlolor »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19689 on: January 07, 2011, 02:58:37 pm »

You misread.
I'm not getting it either.  "In your college diploma"?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19690 on: January 07, 2011, 03:00:55 pm »

You misread.
Class, dorm or any other location rather than object or concept would be suitable. This is just... surreal. Unless he meant to edit it quickly.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19691 on: January 07, 2011, 03:49:28 pm »

You misread.
Class, dorm or any other location rather than object or concept would be suitable. This is just... surreal. Unless he meant to edit it quickly.
Perhaps they were involved in it's creation/signing?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19692 on: January 07, 2011, 04:10:48 pm »

A friend is upset. They like to brag and tease and generally be themself about things unrestricted. Then I say some comment about some petty thing that ticks them off for some reason. I'm getting a large gut response to stand up for myself and say "Look, you get free reign to be yourself. I look over things you say that would offend me because I know you are not serious, and that they are petty things to be angry about. I shouldn't have to change myself for a friend over such a situation." I don't know how well this would work though, and while fair it doesn't really work with human emotions.

I suppose I'm just sad because I was about to act like a prick.

Edit: And I'm growing more pissed off at the whole situation, despite this being pointless and counterproductive. This won't help my friend, and yet my mind keeps telling me that I should be angry.
 Bah I'll go punch a bag or something.

Edit2: My mind has split in half over the issue. One half is enraged at the response that was given to this, hurt that a friend would respond like this. The other half is screaming to me everything I have learned from spirituality "HUMBLE YOURSELF!" The double issue stems from drawing a blank on how to humble myself properly. simply apologizing doesn't seem enough, so I'm at a loss.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:38:20 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19693 on: January 07, 2011, 04:34:54 pm »

I feel cold ;_;

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19694 on: January 07, 2011, 04:38:34 pm »

Punch me.
Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 [1313] 1314 1315 ... 8167