Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477825 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #19470 on: January 03, 2011, 04:29:21 pm »

Similarly though, I haven't had a proper night's sleep since New Year's Eve (although I've snuck in a few three-hour-power-nap sessions), and I just decided to celebrate having the day off with strong beer.  This morning is going to be awesome, I just know it.

If we're going to share sleep stories I tossed and turned for like 2 hours last night, couldn't sleep forever.

Even better.  I would up sleeping for ten hours, and woke up dreaming about having sex with my second-cousin, with a headache and a noseful of cat hair.  Fan-fucking-tastic.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19471 on: January 03, 2011, 04:34:27 pm »

That dream sounds like it points to deeper problems than sleep trouble.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19472 on: January 03, 2011, 04:43:07 pm »

Eh, maybe.

It might just be a bad dream; I know I've had some really insane ones.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19473 on: January 03, 2011, 04:46:10 pm »

Bleh. Fucking flashbacks/nightmares have been keeping me up every night. I'm absolutely shattered, but too afraid to go to sleep.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19474 on: January 03, 2011, 04:47:04 pm »

Technically, he does live in the south.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19475 on: January 03, 2011, 04:48:19 pm »

It's possible, but generally there's little reason to feel guilty about being attracted to a relative as distant as a second cousin.  It's not like you got a chance to do the Westermarck thing (if that's real), and your chances of begetting a mutant horror don't increase much (assuming pregnancy is even a consideration).  Instinct doesn't care whether you're at a family reunion.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19476 on: January 03, 2011, 05:28:37 pm »

Relatives who are younger than you only exist in about four different ages.  Either: infant, 5ish, 12 years old, or Adult.  The exact same cousins and nieces and nephews will be bawling children in perpetuity, for every single family gathering, until one day they think they're surly teenagers (and they're not).  Then you suddenly realize that you're all grown up.

My second-cousin was the same way.  I vaguely remember when I noticed she was no longer a toddler had started sneering at her parents and wearing skirts, and that was exactly where she stayed.  Then she went from a surly tween last Christmas, to a college student this Christmas.  And may all-capricious God strike me down if she's not a looker and practically my type.  Obviously it counts as a bad dream and nothing more, and I was even conscious enough in-dream to know such an idea would a literal death sentence.  But hey, them's dreams.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19477 on: January 03, 2011, 06:22:37 pm »

I officially hate Third Age mod (For Medieval 2 Total War because someone will ask).  I know Orcs are supposed to be stupid but dammit.  It's like going off half-cocked is their national sport.  I don't think I managed a single decent charge in the time I played it.  They'd always get hung up on a single enemy soldier and the entire unit would stop to watch the fight, or only four or five would actually hit the enemy before the rest stop, it's just terrible.
Shoes...

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #19478 on: January 03, 2011, 06:23:30 pm »

I officially hate Third Age mod (For Medieval 2 Total War because someone will ask).  I know Orcs are supposed to be stupid but dammit.  It's like going off half-cocked is their national sport.  I don't think I managed a single decent charge in the time I played it.  They'd always get hung up on a single enemy soldier and the entire unit would stop to watch the fight, or only four or five would actually hit the enemy before the rest stop, it's just terrible.

I don't see how that's different from vanilla. The charging was always weird.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19479 on: January 03, 2011, 06:23:34 pm »

Old Man Winter is such a fucking faggot, I hate that guy so much.

I'm not sure why you have to call his sexuality into question like that.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19480 on: January 03, 2011, 06:27:38 pm »

I don't see how that's different from vanilla. The charging was always weird.

I guess, but I could consistently hammer-and-anvil in vanilla.  Maybe I'm just not used to infantry charges.  Maybe I should play Rohan, cavalry are more my thing.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19481 on: January 03, 2011, 06:49:15 pm »

Man, I never even got that far into it.  Third Age is loaded with problems, not the least being that starting as anyone but Dale or Isengard dumps you in charge of like fifty territories right off the bat.  Then you've got retarded infantry charges, Woodsmen militia that never fucking tire, and cities that can't maintain their own starting populations.  It's like the designer figured the magic of Tolkien's ghost would solve all the playtesting issues for him.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19482 on: January 03, 2011, 06:51:25 pm »

Relatives who are younger than you only exist in about four different ages.  Either: infant, 5ish, 12 years old, or Adult.  The exact same cousins and nieces and nephews will be bawling children in perpetuity, for every single family gathering, until one day they think they're surly teenagers (and they're not).  Then you suddenly realize that you're all grown up.

My second-cousin was the same way.  I vaguely remember when I noticed she was no longer a toddler had started sneering at her parents and wearing skirts, and that was exactly where she stayed.  Then she went from a surly tween last Christmas, to a college student this Christmas.  And may all-capricious God strike me down if she's not a looker and practically my type.  Obviously it counts as a bad dream and nothing more, and I was even conscious enough in-dream to know such an idea would a literal death sentence.  But hey, them's dreams.

Shit, eh?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19483 on: January 03, 2011, 08:46:29 pm »

Man, I never even got that far into it.  Third Age is loaded with problems, not the least being that starting as anyone but Dale or Isengard dumps you in charge of like fifty territories right off the bat.  Then you've got retarded infantry charges, Woodsmen militia that never fucking tire, and cities that can't maintain their own starting populations.  It's like the designer figured the magic of Tolkien's ghost would solve all the playtesting issues for him.

That was the other thing, how am I supposed to handle ten undeveloped villages at the start of the game?
Shoes...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19484 on: January 03, 2011, 09:53:17 pm »

Oh gawd it's 4 AM again what the crap is wrong with me
Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 8167