Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1296 1297 [1298] 1299 1300 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477790 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #19455 on: January 03, 2011, 02:24:21 am »

I have trouble looking at prebuilt computers.
I always jump to, 'Meh, horrible price for meh quality hardware.'
Except Apples.
Those are 'Meh, extortion for good hardware, but where are the screws? D:'

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19456 on: January 03, 2011, 02:30:01 am »

I know, right?  It's like men never annoy each other at all, and women are just there preying on their manly existences, waiting to call them bad boyfriends and destroy their fragile manly self-esteems, as well as their pocket-books.

Damn.  It's too bad you guys can't just procreate with yourselves in a big sweaty pulsating huddle of brosome-ness, so you'd never have to deal with us again.

Lesson of the day: If you want to date women, don't bash 'em.  It makes you sound like the tools who whine until they get a Playstation and then won't stop complaining about how shitty all the games are.  You don't get to have it both ways, especially because unlike most Playstations, women can have their feelings hurt and also track your IP address and roll eggs down your chimney via cannon fire.

Platonic <3

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19457 on: January 03, 2011, 03:43:58 am »

women can have their feelings hurt and also track your IP address and roll eggs down your chimney via cannon fire.

I'd actually be flattered that somebody would come all this way just to do that.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #19458 on: January 03, 2011, 03:47:16 am »

RAAAAAAAAAGE.

But women treat guys like crap all the time. Oh weel, your point still stands

I was so confident coming into this...
IKR. We have to put up with all the crap women give us, and then when we have to do something, or get fired/flunked and ask them to leave us alone fro a few minutes, suddenly we become bad boyfriends. Oh, and having to pay for EVERY date really gets grating.
Hey, don't think we don't do this to women, too. If I had a girlfriend, she'd be paying for all the dates, 'cause I'm broke.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19459 on: January 03, 2011, 04:23:14 am »

Blerrg. I figured "Hey, if I go to be dat around 9:00 when I have my first bit of drowsiness I can actually sleep at a decent time and not at like two in the morning. I can finally seize the morning."
 And my throat and nose are all like "Haha fuck you, you are staying up all night thanks to us."
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19460 on: January 03, 2011, 04:36:58 am »

And my throat and nose are all like "Haha fuck you, you are staying up all night thanks to us."

Old Man Winter is such a fucking faggot, I hate that guy so much.  Similarly though, I haven't had a proper night's sleep since New Year's Eve (although I've snuck in a few three-hour-power-nap sessions), and I just decided to celebrate having the day off with strong beer.  This morning is going to be awesome, I just know it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19461 on: January 03, 2011, 06:26:07 am »

And without doubt, women feel the exact same way. Except they're tired of guys never letting them pay instead.
For clarification, I did not mean women think like this all the time. I meant that when they're bitter, they're bitter about the same basic things as guys are bitter about (like breadbocks in the above post). Just turned around.
It's also a heavily generalized women (and men) but I don't think I need to tell you guys that.
Love, scriver~

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19462 on: January 03, 2011, 06:33:34 am »

I just read somewhere that my not being able to run Touhou is related to my running 64-bit Linux.
What that means: I'll never be able to run Touhou on my laptop.
Of course, if my flashdrive install is 32-bit…

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19463 on: January 03, 2011, 09:34:14 am »

I just read somewhere that my not being able to run Touhou is related to my running 64-bit Linux.
What that means: I'll never be able to run Touhou on my laptop.
Of course, if my flashdrive install is 32-bit…
I must know, for posterity.

My posterior.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19464 on: January 03, 2011, 09:35:57 am »

Nothing to see here.
Move along
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:48:56 am by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19465 on: January 03, 2011, 10:43:47 am »

this is here why?

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19466 on: January 03, 2011, 11:47:29 am »

The fact that one of the most popular threads on the forum is about things that make you sad makes me sad.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19467 on: January 03, 2011, 11:49:15 am »

The fact that one of the most popular threads on the forum is about things that make you sad makes me sad.

The happy thread is more than twice as popular.  ;)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19468 on: January 03, 2011, 02:06:48 pm »

Old Man Winter is such a fucking faggot, I hate that guy so much.  Similarly though, I haven't had a proper night's sleep since New Year's Eve (although I've snuck in a few three-hour-power-nap sessions), and I just decided to celebrate having the day off with strong beer.  This morning is going to be awesome, I just know it.

If we're going to share sleep stories I tossed and turned for like 2 hours last night, couldn't sleep forever.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19469 on: January 03, 2011, 03:57:15 pm »

Epic fail at work today. The powers that be decided to terminate certain 3rd-party contracts at the end of the year, in part because they were proividing crappy service (like for our primary web portal where all the apps are housed, which has been crashing nearly every day).

They did so without actually preparing any contingencies or replacements. So when it crashed today...there's nobody still working here who knows how to fix it. And that's just one example....there's a few others that follow the same pattern of:

"We're got rid of X....and eventually we'll repllace it with something Y-ish."
"What do we do in the meantime?"
"Umm...what do you mean?"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 1296 1297 [1298] 1299 1300 ... 8167