Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9433338 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #14760 on: October 18, 2010, 04:27:07 pm »

I'm sad because my PCGamer subscriprion costs so much. A thousand for a year.

Ladies and gentlemen, we finally found him, the guy who's single-handedly keeping that rag alive.

This puts new meaning into the words "disposable income." $1,000 a year? What.....person forks over that much cash for a gaming magazine? That's more than some people pay in fucking car insurance!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14761 on: October 18, 2010, 04:29:01 pm »

I love how you guys assumed dollars and stuck with the unreasonable figure. No, a thousand SEK.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14762 on: October 18, 2010, 04:40:51 pm »

Which is $150.81 according to Google.
Still a lot for a magazine
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14763 on: October 18, 2010, 05:12:08 pm »

That makes more sense, but is still pretty insane for a magazine. That's like, almost an MMO subscription fee. And PCGamer isn't what it used to be, these days.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14764 on: October 18, 2010, 05:24:10 pm »

Hmm... how often does it come?  I mean, my New Scientist subscription could easily cost that much.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14765 on: October 18, 2010, 05:55:16 pm »

Grrrrrrarrrrrrrrrgh.

Haven't spent any significant time with people out of class for... what, 3 months now?  Maybe 4?

The worst part of this is that it's probably my fault, and I know it, too.  I could have socialized earlier if I'd just swallowed my pride and asked Rosewood if he wanted to hang out and play video games.  I could go to the movies by myself, or go out to dinner, or hang out at a cafe... the library, even.

But no.  I'm craven.  I'm craven, and I'm stubborn, and I'm obsessed with things coming in threes.  It's not that I can't solve my problem.  It's that I won't, because first off now that I know the solution I don't feel like implementing it, and second off I'm a coward who "prefers" my own company.  Yeah freaking right.

And the saddest part is that I know very well I'll continue this way, in the same old rut, because the goal was never happiness and complaining is easy.

Oh, and I'm also bored... because I've mastered the proof techniques needed for pretty much all undergraduate work, and at this point I'm just working on understanding the development of theory (i.e., which questions are significant).  Bleh.  A bored Vector is an angry Vector, I guess.  An angry and depressed Vector, perhaps.

How ridiculous it is to be both under-stimulated and over-stimulated, simultaneously.

Screw these mood swings.  They'd better be worth the payoff in the long run.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14766 on: October 18, 2010, 06:13:40 pm »

When I feel like that, I usually daydream about committing war crimes and murdering people I don't like. It helps a lot actually. Though you'll probably want to daydream about something a bit more tame.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14767 on: October 18, 2010, 06:17:02 pm »

When I feel like that, I usually daydream about committing war crimes and murdering people I don't like. It helps a lot actually. Though you'll probably want to daydream about something a bit more tame.

Been there, done that, you don't have a monopoly on crazy.

Doesn't make me feel any better nowadays.  Just a little bit sick.  Thanks, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14768 on: October 18, 2010, 06:23:22 pm »

Been there, done that, you don't have a monopoly on crazy.

Doesn't make me feel any better nowadays.  Just a little bit sick.  Thanks, though.

I'm joking. Though I do dream of taking over the world sometimes.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14769 on: October 18, 2010, 06:23:31 pm »

But no.  I'm craven.  I'm craven, and I'm stubborn, and I'm obsessed with things coming in threes.  It's not that I can't solve my problem.  It's that I won't, because first off now that I know the solution I don't feel like implementing it, and second off I'm a coward who "prefers" my own company.  Yeah freaking right.

And the saddest part is that I know very well I'll continue this way, in the same old rut, because the goal was never happiness and complaining is easy.

Yeah, the farther I've drifted from my highschool friends, the more I thought I was feeling the same way.  Including preferring my own company to meeting new people, even if I make myself miserable.  Then a guy came up to me offering to join a club and go get drinks.  My first thought was, "who is this weirdo starting a conversation with me, even though I was hoping someone would, I don't want to talk to anybody."  Then shazam I've got new friends.  Social anxiety being what it is, every time I call someone asking what's going on, I'm afraid I'll come off as too "clingy", no matter how many times they say they love hearing me talk, for some insane reason.

Point is, interpersonal contact is worth it.  Sure, intellectual solitude feels like it's fulfilling at the time, but it's not.  It's just cold, spiteful, self-vindication, a free invitation to feel good about the parts of yourself you honestly despise in the privacy of your own mind.  Then you hang out eating burgers for two hours gabbing about shit, and you remember, "oh right, this is what it's like to have the socialization itch scratched."  If people are offering to hang out, you might as well try it.  Even if you wind up saying nothing, at least you'll know those aren't people worthwhile to hang with.  And I certainly wouldn't include on the list of possibles, anyone who you have to "swallow your pride" to talk to.  There are other human beings in the world.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14770 on: October 18, 2010, 06:26:09 pm »

I actually never had any social problems besides logistical ones. I think it's just that I'm confident and charismatic enough that I can just let people gravitate towards me and not screw anything up.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14771 on: October 18, 2010, 06:28:38 pm »

I think it's just that I'm confident and charismatic enough that I can just let people gravitate towards me and not screw anything up.

Yeah... This from the guy who makes every other post about how he wants to murder people and bemoans every second of his existence.  Heavy is the crown of being the post charismatic man in the world.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14772 on: October 18, 2010, 06:32:14 pm »

I think it's just that I'm confident and charismatic enough that I can just let people gravitate towards me and not screw anything up.

Yeah... This from the guy who makes every other post about how he wants to murder people and bemoans every second of his existence.  Heavy is the crown of being the post charismatic man in the world.

One can be charismatic and occasionally miserable at the same time.

EDIT:

Though I am unusually cheerful and lucid at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 06:34:54 pm by Schilcote »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14773 on: October 18, 2010, 06:32:35 pm »

Talking to people is awesome, it's like what this forum is made for I think?

Dude, you're not charismatic at all.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14774 on: October 18, 2010, 06:35:37 pm »

Talking to people is awesome, it's like what this forum is made for I think?

Dude, you're not charismatic at all.

How, having never seen me in person or had an actual conversation with me, do you know? You've only seen a single facet of my personality.
Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 8167