Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9470664 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9750 on: August 12, 2010, 10:46:43 pm »

I think you may be exaggerating.  PCP definitely makes you crazy, but I think a lot of the stories about PCP users hulking out and throwing cars and taking bullets to the head are probably embellished.
Shoes...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9751 on: August 12, 2010, 10:48:22 pm »

PCP does not grant enhanced strength. All it does is make you use your MAXIMUM POTENTIAL, and also ignore pain. And it makes you insane.

So, you're no stronger on PCP than you would be without it.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9752 on: August 12, 2010, 10:50:55 pm »

Of course :P , but it really is scary just how much someone with no pain can do. Me dad's a seargent, and he told me vivid stories of how it would take +5 officers to hold a normal guy on PCP down, and how one took +5 shots to the chest and still fought like a cornered cougar untill they put one into his brain.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:55:26 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9753 on: August 12, 2010, 10:51:53 pm »

Actually, you are slightly stronger, but it litterally burns your muscles and damages your body. The product does not equal the payout.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9754 on: August 12, 2010, 10:52:44 pm »

Actually, you are slightly stronger, but it litterally burns your muscles and damages your body. The product does not equal the payout.

This is because, due to automatic cutouts, we never normally use our MAXIMUM POTENTIAL. This is to prevent wear and tear.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9755 on: August 12, 2010, 10:53:04 pm »

The problem with that is that your average person has the muscular force to lift a two thousand pound weight over their head. This isn't how it seems because the various sections of a single muscle will take over one after the other, dividing your potential force. If you are in an extreme situation, it is possible to break this standard and use all your muscles in their entirety, risking ripping them away from your very bones. If you've taken PCP, all actions are like this and without pain.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9756 on: August 12, 2010, 10:54:42 pm »

Yes. MAXIMUM POTENTIAL.

This is the same power that allows mothers to lift burning buildings off of their children.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9757 on: August 12, 2010, 10:56:11 pm »

The fact that humans just happen to have some of the highest levels of muscle density in the world doesn't help either. Doesn't mean you have hidden super strenght, but it does mean that, at full potential, you can go on for more then AN HOUR at FULL POWER. I think only chimps and other apes have more, and maybe a few cargo animals. Overall very few predators have as much sheer resistance as we do.

A lion is alot stronger then a man, yes, but how far can a lion run before he slows down to take his breath? A trained human can run for more then 12 hours non-stop. The whole idea of humans being weaklings has been disconsidered for some time now.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:00:50 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9758 on: August 12, 2010, 11:01:09 pm »

But then again, how many lions have been trained for marathons?
And chimps are nasty creatures.
Love, scriver~

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9759 on: August 12, 2010, 11:05:45 pm »

The thing is that lions just aren't built to have that kind of resistance, even if you somehow trained one to run for hours, he'd still get tired alot faster because his musculature is built for sheer, explosive, neck breaking strenght. A lion needs ALOT more energy daily then a human. It didn't matter back then when there were plenty of prey walking around, but today they pretty much need the right environment to survive, either that or human help. This is the same for most big animals.
Apes beat us in energy efficiency aswell though, but thats because they don't have huge psychopathic brains to feed :P
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #9760 on: August 12, 2010, 11:06:01 pm »

Also, we have guns. Lions do not.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9761 on: August 12, 2010, 11:06:48 pm »

One must remember that we are the only species to ever use persistence hunting . Some rural areas in Africa still do. It involves just following your prey for days and days untill their inferior endurance makes them weak enough that you can just walk up and snap their neck, or they enter cardiac arrest.

We kind of scare me with things like that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9762 on: August 12, 2010, 11:07:20 pm »

The fact that humans just happen to have some of the highest levels of muscle density in the world doesn't help either. Doesn't mean you have hidden super strenght, but it does mean that, at full potential, you can go on for more then AN HOUR at FULL POWER. I think only chimps and other apes have more, and maybe a few cargo animals. Overall very few predators have as much sheer resistance as we do.

A lion is alot stronger then a man, yes, but how far can a lion run before he slows down to take his breath? A trained human can run for more then 12 hours non-stop. The whole idea of humans being weaklings has been disconsidered for some time now.

this this this this this this!!! I am totally like a Humanatist or whatever the term is when it comes to aliens and sci-fi and stuff. When people start throwing out Humans as "Jack of All Trades" or "Diplomatic" in space because we have no real special evolution compared to say SCYTHAGANTIXES WHICH ARE ULTIMATE HUNTERS I get pretty riled up because humans do have a special evolution in that they are the ultimate hunters.
sure, they aren't stronger than their prey, and they can't move as fast, but they are designed for chasing down and outlasting everything. And then using tools to end them and their entire species. Give a man a gun and he can hunt down and kill an entire pack of wolves that are actively trying to escape him. Hell, most of them will starve to death or just collapse from being tired before he can shoot them.
An the diplomacy thing. Considering our entire species is hell of into wars and killing eachother/everything, how does any sci-fi writer justify that to represent a strong skill with diplomatic affairs?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9763 on: August 12, 2010, 11:07:56 pm »

Komodo Dragons used a form of it. Involving poison, so they cheat.

Also, we have guns. Lions do not.

If only we could channel our MAXIMUM POTENTIAL into firepower. It would be so incredibly stupid and destructive, I just have to have it.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #9764 on: August 12, 2010, 11:10:38 pm »

Simple, all we need to do if figure out how to make this:
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 8167