Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9472355 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8370 on: July 22, 2010, 06:23:24 am »

Unless RAM explains, we will be forced to link his brain malfunction with the forum slowdown and the disappearance of Pathos and Vahan.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: July 22, 2010, 06:26:58 am »

The more I think about Pathos and Vahan vanishing, the more it freaks me out. The only thing I can think is possible now is that both of them asked Toady to delete them for whatever reason, and he did so to both this morning.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: July 22, 2010, 06:45:30 am »

Probably Pathos requested for his account to be deleted because all he's getting from everyone in the lower forums is constant dislike. Not sure about Vahan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: July 22, 2010, 06:48:49 am »

Vahan got some dislike as well, looking over his recent theads. Perhaps I am simply overblowing this whole thing. On any other forum, strange slowdown followed by a few users vanishing would signify to me the start of a mass user deletion for whatever reason. Luckly for us, Toady isn't like that.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: July 22, 2010, 10:01:18 am »

He might be calling the database of those hundreds of accounts with no posts, and Pathos and Vahan were caught in the crossfire.

Although it is suspicious that both of them were people who caught a lot of flak.  Vahan especially, since he reappeared I don't remember him saying a single constructive thing.

Now I'm confused.  Who was Jreengus originally?
Shoes...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: July 22, 2010, 10:05:48 am »

He was just that guy, ya know?

Thatguyyaknow.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: July 22, 2010, 10:10:33 am »

I don't know who this Vahan is, and I'm not noticing anything about the forums 'eating' the thousands of members with zero posts.

And yea, Pathos has been getting himself into alot of trouble lately, but his 3 day mute is already over, so, dunno.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: July 22, 2010, 10:11:49 am »

Vahan is was the guy with the stoner awesomeface as an avatar. He was rather aggressive.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: July 22, 2010, 10:12:33 am »

Vahan is was the guy with the stoner awesomeface as an avatar. He was rather aggressive.

No,.... I don't remember.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: July 22, 2010, 10:13:00 am »

Vahan is was the guy who stole someone's avatar of a smiley with circulating rainbow eyes. He went away for about a month or so after that, and showed up again with the thread about the "worst internet losers".
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: July 22, 2010, 10:13:29 am »

Probably Pathos requested for his account to be deleted because all he's getting from everyone in the lower forums is constant dislike. Not sure about Vahan.

I liked Pathos. He was a jackass, but an intelligent jackass.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: July 22, 2010, 10:16:02 am »

I was, and still am somewhat worried about Pathos. His girlfriend would get on his account and spam, followed by him going to us for advice on how to... well, I think we all remember that thread. Never speaking of it again, for my mind's sake. Point is, abusive girlfriend, willing to risk poisoning said girlfriend himself.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: July 22, 2010, 10:17:35 am »

I liked Pathos. He was a jackass, but an intelligent jackass.

It wasn't so much the dislike than people being tired of Pathos girlfriend keeping 'hacking' his account and the issues between him and his girlfiend. At times he seemed biplolar even, so it was hard to tell.

As for Vahan, yea, I see the other thing about the IT crowd he posted.....

I was, and still am somewhat worried about Pathos. His girlfriend would get on his account and spam, followed by him going to us for advice on how to... well, I think we all remember that thread. Never speaking of it again, for my mind's sake. Point is, abusive girlfriend, willing to risk poisoning said girlfriend himself.

Yea, its an unfortunate spiral there. Maybe they are both mentally unstable.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: July 22, 2010, 10:18:25 am »

I still think he was just trying to get attention.  Pathos was cool but the girlfriend thing wore thin very fast.

There's another guy running around with a name similar to thatguyyaknow lately, it's gotten me really confused.
Shoes...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: July 22, 2010, 10:20:15 am »

He switched to Jreengus a few months ago. I think that's been the most recent name change.
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 8167