Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476012 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7905 on: July 04, 2010, 08:28:34 pm »

Diablo 2 runs in Wine, even better than in Windows Xp... but at the cost of sound and 3d acceleration.

Damn driver companies, and their refusal to help the linux community develop it's own 3d processing methods...

I recently tried to play Diablo 2, as three people recommended it. Just couldn't get into it. Seemed like a parady of itself. Perhaps my standards have gone too high? Perhaps my suspension of disbelief has risen?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: July 04, 2010, 08:39:27 pm »

Well, IMO, Diablo 2 should be approached as a roguelike, if one that sacrifices gameplay depth in favor of eyecandy, real time gameplay, and some videos (which dont look bad, but get old fast). Thus, I play it for short whiles, when I feel like hacking around stuff.

It's not the best roguelike out there (heck, if I had to choose between Diablo 2 and Slash'em/Dungeon Crawl/Powder, I'd likely go for the latter) but it can be entertaining in a brainless sort of way.
I enjoy playing it for relatively short whiles (IE: I might play it in a frenzy for one day or two, and then not touch it in a month), whereas I return to "normal" roguelikes more frequently.
It's not bad, really, it's just what it is
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: July 04, 2010, 08:41:26 pm »

Man, if I may be honest it was a decent enough game for my second Roguelike.

My first was Castle of the Winds. Hell yes.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: July 04, 2010, 08:43:58 pm »

Yeah, it's decent, IMHO. I keep going back to it, after all. It's just missing some underlying depth to make the revisitings more frequent.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: July 04, 2010, 09:32:01 pm »

When I heard that Castle of the Winds was free I was shocked, it was the best gaming news I had heard in a long while. I found that Diablo 2 was more complicated than Diablo 1 without really adding much to the gameplay. And I would take T.O.M.E. over either of them...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: July 04, 2010, 10:46:56 pm »

When I heard that Castle of the Winds was free I was shocked, it was the best gaming news I had heard in a long while. I found that Diablo 2 was more complicated than Diablo 1 without really adding much to the gameplay. And I would take T.O.M.E. over either of them...

Psh. That's because you're not a REAL MAN.

A real man takes all of them, and to hell with the consequences.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7911 on: July 04, 2010, 10:47:37 pm »

My brother introduced me to XKCD, and I found it rather entertaining. Started from the beginning early (back when there were fewer comics), and enjoyed it more.

For those people that don't like things because everyone else does, my message is simple: Start from the beginning like the rest of us did, and quit your complaining. You don't like it, fine, but there's no need to be a troll about it.

And if you don't like the earlier stuff because of quality, well... I forgot where I found it, but there's comic that cites exactly what I'm trying to say. It gets better in the long run. Be patient.

The beginning of the Goblins comic starts like that about art quality.
That's it. Thanks.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: July 05, 2010, 01:13:21 am »

I mentioned on Facebook that the protests against that mosque near ground zero are retarded because they're censuring the entire religion over something a militant sect did, and several people made comments, ranging from agreement, to legitimate disagreement, to completely non sequitur comparison (I'ma build a shinto shrine at Pearl Harbor), to hilarious (I'ma build a daycare next to Neverland Ranch).

The shinto one then claimed I made the comment to get attention.  Attention!  How dare he.
Shoes...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: July 05, 2010, 01:14:42 am »

I mentioned on Facebook

There's your problem.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: July 05, 2010, 01:21:09 am »

It's the only way I can keep in touch with my High School friends and that one irritating kid.
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: July 05, 2010, 01:22:40 am »

You expressed an opinion on a controversial subject on Facebook. I don't know what you were hoping to achieve.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: July 05, 2010, 01:24:29 am »

Son. I am dissapoint.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: July 05, 2010, 01:27:29 am »

And yet more proof that one of these days I'm going to need a social networking profile, because I already know that every friend I ever had is on Facebook talking to each other all the time.  I'm five years behind the curve and I don't care.

Oh yeah, something I'm kinda sad about.  Blew the whole weekend, but I needed the break so fuck it.  What I'm ticked about is that I need to go to sleep soon, wake up at 11AM, go to school, get home after 6PM, then go to work at 8PM and get home at like 3AM.  Jesus this day is going to suck.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: July 05, 2010, 01:28:49 am »

There lies your problem. You have to ditch all that apathy.

I mean you can still act like you don't give a shit on the inside but now you don't have to put up a front!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: July 05, 2010, 01:31:18 am »

You have school? But it's summer!
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 8167