Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476211 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7890 on: July 04, 2010, 02:01:53 pm »

As usual, it's been very cloudy, and somewhat rainy over here for 4th of July. Even the ocean doesn't look as pleasant to jump in.

Never fails. :(

Probably the 5th year in a row of this. I might check out my neighbor's party. See what's going on.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 02:12:43 pm by Itnetlolor »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: July 04, 2010, 02:16:06 pm »

The odd thing Is I'm a little sad for the opposite reason. It was supposed to rain all week and it let up today and is sunny. :<

Wednesday is supposed to be rainy again though at least.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: July 04, 2010, 03:36:01 pm »

I hate discussion topics like XKCD, Modest Mouse, the Halo game series, etcetera. Why?

There's a large following of XKCD, and so there are people who claim that if you like XKCD you're just following the crowd so that you can feel smugly intellectual, and there are people who claim if you don't like XKCD, it's just because you're a blind People-Like-It-So-I-Hate-It guy or that you get off on being so smugly intellectual that XKCD is beneath you (or that you're too dumb to get any of it). The same thing happens about liking Modest Mouse's recent work versus their earlier work but concerning music taste and sophistication rather than intelligence and smugness, and it happens about Halo but the argument is that one side is the worst kind of people while the other side is pretentious and doesn't know how to have fun.

It's good that I didn't find any of that silly arguing here. I'm personally a huge XKCD fan. It's often really funny. To my friends and me. But different people simply enjoy different things. CTRL+ALT+DEL, the webcomic, is one of the hugest bores I've ever read, but some people insist to me that it's great. YMMV.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7893 on: July 04, 2010, 03:42:20 pm »

I bunch of my classmates read xkcd, but have no interest in Homestuck.  :[

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: July 04, 2010, 04:29:29 pm »

Bastards.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7895 on: July 04, 2010, 04:37:51 pm »

I bunch of my classmates read xkcd, but have no interest in Homestuck.  :[
What?! How dare they!

I like XKCD, but it's quality varies quite a bit. Sometimes it's awesome, sometimes... meh.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7896 on: July 04, 2010, 04:46:55 pm »

I'm more on par with Amazing Super Powers
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7897 on: July 04, 2010, 05:22:37 pm »

My brother introduced me to XKCD, and I found it rather entertaining. Started from the beginning early (back when there were fewer comics), and enjoyed it more.

For those people that don't like things because everyone else does, my message is simple: Start from the beginning like the rest of us did, and quit your complaining. You don't like it, fine, but there's no need to be a troll about it.

And if you don't like the earlier stuff because of quality, well... I forgot where I found it, but there's comic that cites exactly what I'm trying to say. It gets better in the long run. Be patient.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7898 on: July 04, 2010, 05:32:19 pm »

I've read every strip from beginning to end one day, it didn't take long at all.  I go back every two weeks or so to catch up.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7899 on: July 04, 2010, 05:33:57 pm »

No one's trolling here.  Voicing one's opinion is not trolling, no matter how strongly other people disagree.  Trolling is saying things specifically to get under people's skin.

Makes me sad:  My dad is over to visit, sitting on my bed and trying to irritate me until I let him play Tibia on my computer.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 05:42:52 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7900 on: July 04, 2010, 05:50:25 pm »

No one's trolling here.  Voicing one's opinion is not trolling, no matter how strongly other people disagree.  Trolling is saying things specifically to get under people's skin.
You know what I mean. I was just speaking in general about how some people take a problem to such levels, ignoring it in the first place would've made things better for everyone else; or at least not go beyond "I don't like it" to extremes just to piss everyone off upon leaving.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7901 on: July 04, 2010, 06:10:03 pm »

Bored and sad... Bored and a sad... Eeeehh...

I'm not liking today much.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7902 on: July 04, 2010, 07:07:05 pm »

My brother introduced me to XKCD, and I found it rather entertaining. Started from the beginning early (back when there were fewer comics), and enjoyed it more.

For those people that don't like things because everyone else does, my message is simple: Start from the beginning like the rest of us did, and quit your complaining. You don't like it, fine, but there's no need to be a troll about it.

And if you don't like the earlier stuff because of quality, well... I forgot where I found it, but there's comic that cites exactly what I'm trying to say. It gets better in the long run. Be patient.

The beginning of the Goblins comic starts like that about art quality.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: July 04, 2010, 07:15:51 pm »

Diablo 2 runs in Wine, even better than in Windows Xp... but at the cost of sound and 3d acceleration.

Damn driver companies, and their refusal to help the linux community develop it's own 3d processing methods...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: July 04, 2010, 08:22:53 pm »

The beginning of the Goblins comic starts like that about art quality.

It wasn't bad at the start. Just.... strange.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 8167