Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476146 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7860 on: July 03, 2010, 05:05:07 am »

Rubyquest ended a little abruptly.

A couple things require finishing off, like who the frig "Tom" actually is.

Also Blanca, is there a Blancaquest?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7861 on: July 03, 2010, 11:43:59 am »

Well, I already made arrangements to meet up with my brothers for a little friendly weekend competition (at the end of the month); however, there's a bit of a catch. They took advantage of the Steam deal, and are willing to do some online matching through Steam when the time comes.

Yeah... I have a bit of a problem now. They've got their collection of games, and been advertising me to get some of them as well; let's not forget, me being the youngest of the guys, if they catch wind of my situation with my account disability, I know I have hell to deal with (reckless spending and what have you; and not letting them know about it and so forth). I'm surprised my lack of activity for the past 6 months (as evidenced by my profile) wasn't enough of a hint something was wrong.

I guess to not make this a completely bad case, I got a few relieving bits of info thanks to one of my sisters hearing about the whole Steam issue I encountered (me telling it, no exaggerations). As it turns out, she thought I was hacked the entire time, and thought I was screwed to begin with in negotiations; however, re-hearing the story, it turns out it was indeed the bank's fault, and even moreso, the whole overdraft of +600 bucks that was done was (as I was told) an illegal move done by the bank, despite being charged in pieces. So Valve wasn't at fault, and I was angry at the wrong people the entire time.

However, now there's a bigger issue; dealing with the bank. The good news, I have a contact that my sisters know that worked at a bank before, so I have some help there; I also know that I can negotiate just about anything, provided the backup and enough balls to bluff leaving the bank and have them panic and do something about the situation as to not lose a(nother) customer. Of course, I need to make sure things are setup in a way that I can make it on top, and not have to deal with any bullcrap, and only have to lose the 128-odd I need to pay back Valve for (which I am confident I CAN pay back, and don't mind losing. I've been prepared for that for ages).

The bad news: I have until the end of the month to get things with the bank dealt with (I can start things next week), and then I have to wait for Valve to handle the dispute (which takes an unknown amount of time, possibly weeks), and then I'll have missed the deals to catch up with my brothers' collections that they'd want to play against me in. That could raise some suspicions.

I'm hoping I can get enough done so that none be the wiser. Pray this works out.

Overall, to balance out this post; if things go well, I might be able to recover my Steam account this month sometime.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:45:53 am by Itnetlolor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: July 03, 2010, 11:55:15 am »

You know what I wished?

I wish I had my home internet again.
I wish I had phone service again.
I wish I had cable again.
I wish I had a working Xbox 360 to play Mass Effect 2.
I wish I had a working Wii to play Super Mario Galaxy 2
I wish I got my HDTV birthday present soon to play my birthday present games.
I wish I had a desk chair (my old one got destroyed don't talk about it) instead of using a dinner chair.
I wish things haven't been like this for over a month now.

But I also know that a lot of the things I want fixed people don't have in the first place so what am I suppose to do?  Receive such items with an attached guilt trip or live without these things because other people don't have that or something.  It's really weird.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: July 03, 2010, 11:58:19 am »

Woke up this morning with a very dry mouth and what felt like a lump of phlegm in the back of my throat. Tried to hock it up, and went "Ow! Dammit, my throat is sore. And why can't I get this out?"

Looked in the mirror with a flashlight and found that I couldn't get the lump out because it was my f**king uvula. Which was now swollen to the size of a large fishing lure. After a few minutes of "OMFGWTF did a spider climb into my throat and bite me while I was asleep?!!?" I googled it and found that this is actually pretty common and comes of being dehydrated and snoring all night.

So, not so much sad as freaked out, followed by annoyed. So yeah--uvula.

P.S. Also, happy that the first google hit for "swollen uvula" was a blog of the same name, offering kind advice to not freak out about this and just chill out and eat some ice cream. Gotta love the intertubes.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: July 03, 2010, 12:03:42 pm »

Any alcoholic will tell you that they don't drink booze for the flavor.  They drink it because they have, despite the flavor.  Nobody enjoys the taste of alcohol.

Actually. I like the taste of most wine and some spirits. Nobody liking the taste of alcohol is a myth. Though almost no one likes the taste of beer specifically.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: July 03, 2010, 12:21:01 pm »

Any alcoholic will tell you that they don't drink booze for the flavor.  They drink it because they have, despite the flavor.  Nobody enjoys the taste of alcohol.
I do.

Ninja'd >:(

Actually. I like the taste of most wine and some spirits. Nobody liking the taste of alcohol is a myth. Though almost no one likes the taste of beer specifically.
I have never had wine that tasted like anything but rancid slime, aside from the bottle of expensive champagne my grandparents got from a wine-snob friend of theirs for their fiftieth anniversary, which just barely beat out the worst beer I've ever had (which would be budweiser).

Beer, however, is delicious, even if it does taste more or less like cheerios, even shitty beer like Steel Reserve (which is a little too sweet, and starts tasting extremely metallic if left to sit for a few minutes) and King Cobra (I don't actually remember what this tasted like, because I was too drunk at the time. A friend drank a gallon of it a few days later, and trashed his house. I have not stopped calling him a dumbfuck since), with the exception of budweiser which is almost as bad as the homemade swill I made when I was in highschool, out of sugar water and baking yeast (don't try that at home, kids: it's horrifically repulsive slime that's not worth the few drinks you'll get out of it. It's also illegal, or something ::)).

I'm also one of the only people I know who doesn't choke when doing shots, although I did almost throw up when I tried to do a shot of grape flavored vodka, which takes a place of shame as "almost as disgusting as wine".

I've also never gotten a hangover, or been unable to remember what happened when I was drunk.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: July 03, 2010, 12:39:07 pm »

I'm with the winers and spiriters.. Most beer (especially weaker ones) taste like liquid fat to me, but I've got a rather large list of good brands stored over the years. Though some are dependant on context, of course, like all things. When I was in Thailand, that one Thai beer (Singha?) tasted heavenly; not so much back in cold wintry Sweden.
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: July 03, 2010, 12:47:08 pm »

Good beer is VERY tasty. A proper Imperial Russian Stout tastes like you're drinking Black Forest cake.

Good liquor is also very tasty. High quality bourbon and scotch have an excellent flavor profile, although the "burn" of the ethyl alcohol is part and parcel of the flavor.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: July 03, 2010, 01:07:21 pm »

I've heard that exhaling during the burn (after you've completely swallowed said drink) should help reduce the burn?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: July 03, 2010, 01:11:45 pm »

I'm also one of the only people I know who doesn't choke when doing shots

Shots of normal 80 proof liquor?  I've never known anyone who choked from or even really gagged from that.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: July 03, 2010, 01:17:51 pm »

I forgot to mention, the guy who drank the gallon of King Cobra (not joking, he drank three forties, which comes out to around .95 gallons, in an hour... >:() was the same guy who masterminded the pipe-tobacco-and-random-leaf-tea thing. :|

I'm also one of the only people I know who doesn't choke when doing shots

Shots of normal 80 proof liquor?  I've never known anyone who choked from or even really gagged from that.
Sadly yes. D:

*Everyone throws back shots*
*Looks around, and is the only one not doubled over coughing*
>:(
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: July 03, 2010, 01:19:00 pm »

Hi!

I can't really comment on wine or spirits (technically, the Mon Cheri I liked to eat in my youth before I thought about alcohol would count as spirits, I guess (^_^;; ), I think that beer does not necessarily taste bad. Alright, so my experience is limited to that one glass of beer back when I graduated high school (and a faint memory which my parents claim not to be my own), but the way I remember it, the taste was quite nice. Definitely not even getting close to my favorite soft drink, of course, but not bad. In the end, however, I don't really consider it worth it.

Deathworks

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: July 03, 2010, 01:23:45 pm »

I'm not a drinker by any means, but good beer isn't bad, although a bit of an acquired taste (all alcohol is). After all, it's just bread soda.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: July 03, 2010, 02:17:42 pm »

For the record, I'm always facetious about character flaws and their attendants.  I like the taste of plenty of alcoholic stuff; mudslides, mimosas, good old Jack'n'Coke, and ale beers so dark that light can't penetrate them.

But I also know that a lot of the things I want fixed people don't have in the first place so what am I suppose to do?  Receive such items with an attached guilt trip or live without these things because other people don't have that or something.  It's really weird.

Don't feel guilty about owning anything, you'll turn into Armok.  You're normal, and all things considered, not that well off if all your stuff is broken, now are you?  Get to fixin', or find a book.

Oh yeah, and why I'm kinda sad today.  I spent all day yesterday (bleeding into the morning) playan vidjagaems and not doing anything cool.  I'm not too broken up about it, but I said I'd stop that dammit.  May not be doing anything cool for July 4th either, which is only important because it's an easy way to get people together.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: July 03, 2010, 02:34:21 pm »

Nothing like an older brother attempting to guilt trip his family about his incurable illness.

Again.
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 8167