Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9493251 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5715 on: May 18, 2010, 05:04:44 am »

Well, the technical end is still borked I guess, so everyone keep your eyes open.  But hey, for once a SAD issue (Footkerchief possibly hating me) was just a big misunderstanding; all's well that ends well.

Something else good has come of this incident.  See if you can spot it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: May 18, 2010, 05:04:49 am »

You could sell your blood, if you're clean. This is even more of an option of there's a blood center around you, then you don't have to market it.

Edit: You can get about $50 a week from that, which can help with quality of life issues if you're nearly destitute
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 05:07:43 am by smigenboger »
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: May 18, 2010, 05:14:04 am »

You could sell your blood, if you're clean. This is even more of an option of there's a blood center around you, then you don't have to market it.

Edit: You can get about $50 a week from that, which can help with quality of life issues if you're nearly destitute

I lol'd - like I lol everytime someone mistakes me with being native english speaking person and/or living in US. But that's okay, I got used to that :P

And what I can get from giving my blood away (in my country), is 10 blocks of dark/bitter chocolate :P

Aaaand cheaper tickets for bus/train/other, IIRC, I will give 4.5 litre of blood away in one year.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: May 18, 2010, 05:15:50 am »

Well, I know people don't like to give out any personal information, but where are you then?  Because there may be other options, even if it's digging through scrap for copper to sell.  Not to be facetious, but cash is cash.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: May 18, 2010, 05:17:21 am »

You know there's an ad campaign in Victoria about copper thieves and new technology for finding people who are copper thieves? I didn't realize it was such an issue.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: May 18, 2010, 05:20:38 am »

Well, I know people don't like to give out any personal information, but where are you then?  Because there may be other options, even if it's digging through scrap for copper to sell.  Not to be facetious, but cash is cash.

Chill, nothing wrong with asking, no?

Poland, East Europe. Living in a city called Gdańsk, were half of the living place is surrounded with wilderness, and half is surrounded with sounds of shipyard/refining stuff.

Not that I'm supporting communism or something, but there was barely any unemployment back then. I think. Now, after all those years, with automatization of factories and generally customs/marketing > industry, all those poor people that were working in heavy industry are now jobless. And fighting with unexperienced youths (hello :D) like me for jobs. Not fun. Sometimes I really want to move somewhere to west...
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: May 18, 2010, 05:25:46 am »

Not that I'm supporting communism or something, but there was barely any unemployment back then. I think. Now, after all those years, with automatization of factories and generally customs/marketing > industry, all those poor people that were working in heavy industry are now jobless. And fighting with unexperienced youths (hello :D) like me for jobs. Not fun. Sometimes I really want to move somewhere to west...

The west is exactly the same way.  If you want a manufacturing job, you'll have to move to Malaysia.  Well, I'm certainly talking out of my ass here, but maybe you could whip up some of that old "green shoots" magic Poland was supposed to have.  Entrepreneur your way out of poverty.  I don't know how - maybe middleman deals to sell foreclosed factory equipment and infrastructure to Oriental buyers and investors?  Worked for Russia, until they ran out of old factories to sell.  Hopefully you'll make enough money to move to France or someplace with more social security.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: May 18, 2010, 05:31:24 am »

The west is exactly the same way.  If you want a manufacturing job, you'll have to move to Malaysia.  Well, I'm certainly talking out of my ass here, but maybe you could whip up some of that old "green shoots" magic Poland was supposed to have.  Entrepreneur your way out of poverty.  I don't know how - maybe middleman deals to sell foreclosed factory equipment and infrastructure to Oriental buyers and investors?  Worked for Russia, until they ran out of old factories to sell.  Hopefully you'll make enough money to move to France or someplace with more social security.

I could go on and on with the topics.

And all those factories you speak about - When USSR moved away from Poland, they literally took whole factories ('Cease production, scrap equipment, take to Russia') with them, alongside with other goods. Well, not all of them, of course, but still, they didn't left empty-handed. Bleh.

Anyway - thanks for support. Now I want to hug thee! *hugs*
SigFlags!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: May 18, 2010, 05:49:17 am »

Oh what the hey, I can't refuse a hug from a Pole.  *stands rigid while hugged*  I'd say good luck to you in finding a job, but I suppose it's more about wishing luck to your whole country.

Heck, you could do like me and try to get a civil service job.  Government jobs never outsource, and especially in a country like yours, are probably always growing.  Or at least staying steady as all the old crones die off, leaving their clerking jobs for new people to take.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: May 18, 2010, 05:53:19 am »

I'm sad because I expected a quiet evening and some computer usage. Now I have to feed my brothers and three people who I don't even know!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: May 18, 2010, 05:54:44 am »

Haha, glad you like hugs.

Also, that's nice idea. I never tried civil service jobs. Writing papers, carryign them around and sorting information on computer... that's worth a try. Maybe I will even get a job at employment offices [/irony]. Thanks :3
SigFlags!

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: May 18, 2010, 06:05:06 am »

Hi!

I advice you to skip over Germany while moving west, though: They are working on having people work for no pay and get their income from the state. That is definitely one country heading for a catastrophe.

Deathworks

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: May 18, 2010, 06:15:10 am »

I thought Germany was the most successful country in Europe?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: May 18, 2010, 06:16:30 am »

Hi~

As much as I love your courtesy, there isn't really any point to signing in and out of a two-sentence post.

Tack.

Hey, Haspen! I didn't recognise you without a stone face. What's a nice guy like you doing in a thread down here?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: May 18, 2010, 06:20:56 am »

I've noticed my typing getting more erratic. Basically, I'm developing a problem where my left hands types faster than my right, which leads to a lot of transposition errors. I think the right hand is beginning to develop carpal tunnel which is what's slowing it down. At least, I hope it's something like that and not something in my brain. I'm terrified of dementia/Alzheimer's/Parkinson's/shit like that. I've always figured I'd kill myself if I came down with a condition like that, rather than slowly lose my mind, and be just aware enough to know that I'm losing it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 8167