Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9490885 times)

Nonsapient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5745 on: May 18, 2010, 08:28:56 am »

I have to take my new car back to the dealership already. When I go above 30mph, the front passenger wheel starts to sound like a helicopter rotor, and my steering wheel vibrates so badly it's a bit hard to hold on to.

I have been sold a lemon.  8)

You just need to get the wheel balanced, most likely.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: May 18, 2010, 09:45:08 am »

I'm worried it might be  a rod... according to the CarFax report, the oil pan had been damaged and replaced, which seems to indicate that the former driver probably hit a curb at some point, and bottomed out.

The thing's under warranty... but it's just another thing to add to the list of things I can't do in a day, due to working a 9-to-5. Whoever said that working regular hours was helpful for being able to do things was full of lies:

Krumbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: May 18, 2010, 10:09:03 am »

I'll tell you what made me sad. After waiting a year for DF to come out it finally appears for PC, I use a Mac so I wait so I wait for a while for the new version to come out getting more and more exited as the days go by.

And now I find out it doesn't work on my old banger of a computer. Well that's just fucking brilliant. And on top of that Adium, MSN, Skpe and all that no longer work for this computer so I had to change to Meebo which is a load of shite, and now that's broken. Plus anything I want to download or play doesn't work, even Flash is too good it appears now.

And I can't afford another computer for a while now. I'm fucked.
Only in Dwarf Fortress could you get 4 armed heads scuttling about on cavern roofs.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #5748 on: May 18, 2010, 10:54:25 am »

There is a lot of saddnes in this topic.
Just few hours ago it counted 382 pages, now already two more, huh.

Anyhow, I was about to say that I kinda support Deathworks and his posts-writting approach because I simply see no reason why not.
What makes me sad is how impolite some people are these days when it comes to talking to others.
But then again, lately I have been interacting with Deathworks's forum messages so much that maybe it makes me a bit too, ahem, "protective" saying that.
And again, I just might be considered a rude person myself by at least one other forum users, so who am I to talk about the manners?

Today is Tuesday, meaning I got some usual work at university to do. And normaly this works gives me some bad thoughts. But today it went surpirsingly well.
The only thing that made me sad was that I did not know why did it go well exactly. But now I think I know.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: May 18, 2010, 01:50:53 pm »

Hi!

Sinistar: Thank you for your support. And at least I have enjoyed the contact we had on the forums and do not have you registered as "rude" or anything.

I have to admit that I am not that much annoyed/angered/whatever by rude/impolite people. At least, I try to believe I feel that way. What worries me more is fighting among people, especially attacking newbies, and suppressing minority views. Mind you, I am not saying that this happens often here on these forums - these are just the issues I find important.

I do have to confess that anger over me has actually been the straw that broke the camel's back for at least one member who got themselves banned because they seemingly attacked me quite rudely (actually, I hadn't noticed most of that and was informed by Toady One about it as it seemed to have been rather disruptive (^_^;; ). Thus, when I see hostility rising against me, I am a bit worried that someone may go out and get themselves banned. I don't want everyone to love me, but I want that we all have a good time here. So, another such incident would sadden me.

Krumbs: I can't express how much I feel sympathy for you. You see, quite a while ago, I stopped playing Dwarf Fortress so as to minimize the impact on my life and planned on returning once the next update came out. But while reading the development log and seeing all the things Toady One experienced during his testing of the unreleased version, the desire for it grew so strong that I started playing again quite a while before the new version came out.

I can imagine how horrible it must be if you are aware of the game and then you don't have the means to play it. For all that it is worth, you have my genuine compassion. I hope you will be able to get a computer capable of running the game soon - preferably sooner than you expect.

General: There is a slight sadness I experienced just a few hours ago. Nothing really big, but maybe its light-heartedness will cheer some people up: Tack changed his avatar. While his new avatar is really very funny and I like it a lot, it always saddens me a bit when people change their avatar. And his previous avatar was also one of the oddly cute avatars (a carnivore vegetable/fruit), so it is also missed on a somewhat personal level.

Deathworks

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: May 18, 2010, 01:56:02 pm »

You know. I've never just said hi to you Deathworks...

... Hi! I always thought you were a polite and nice person. And it's nice to see you back. :3

Anyway nothing that makes me sad really right now. Just popping in to say hi.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: May 18, 2010, 02:56:52 pm »

What made me sad? The fact that I feel so... guilty that I'm an agnostic in a devout family of Roman Catholics. I just cannot wait till I'm 18 and I tell them. :P
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: May 18, 2010, 02:59:56 pm »

Yeah, I believe my grandparents shouldn't know of my non-catholic 'life is absurd, no more meaning than what you give it' stance. Of course, I have the cliche rootin' tootin' racist catholic type, so it's somewhat justified
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: May 18, 2010, 03:02:33 pm »

Nah, my family are pretty tolerant (believe in Evolution, don't go hatin' on gay people, bla bla bla)... but that's because they don't know anyone like that (homosexuals, atheists, etc.)

I'm still sad. D:
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: May 18, 2010, 03:08:52 pm »

Oh stereotypes...

Hopefully they take the news well, your mileage will vary with each family's reaction

One day I asked my grandma 'would you still love me if I were black?' The reaction was beautiful.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: May 18, 2010, 03:10:53 pm »

Hopefully they will. But that dim and dark day is several years from now. Heh.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: May 18, 2010, 03:24:29 pm »

I'm an atheist ponying up to Pascals Gambit. Told my parents, they could care less.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: May 18, 2010, 05:35:30 pm »

Quote from: Aqizzar
Quote from: Footkerchief
I'm so hip I can't see over my pelvis.

Aqizzar, I should probably tell you that I was quoting HHGTTG in response to Jackrabbit's use of the term "hoopy frood."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: May 18, 2010, 05:43:13 pm »

Yeah, it seemed like a weirdly specific response.  Having never read the book (I'm a Philistine I know fuck off), I'll remove it then.  Ha.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: May 18, 2010, 05:46:45 pm »

In in its place you put ME a ToonyMan quote, muahaha.
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 8167