Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9492477 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5445 on: May 13, 2010, 12:31:05 am »

... You two are awesome.  It's been way too long since I built anything (power tools! :D) or did any other random crazy shit.  I must do these things!  But petting kittens is really high on my list >_<  And growing something.  I really, really need to grow some plants.  When I'm old, I want a big rose garden, higher than your head--and I'd just walk through it and breathe.  Plants are terrific.

In my experience, the depression never "goes away" per se, but the overwhelming ones do subside. It's a state you can still enter though, and the best way to avoid it is to keep doing things that keep you busy, and that you enjoy. The little ones will go away if you keep your mind off them.

To be honest, I'm quite happy outside of a. my stressful life situation and b. occasional waves of unhappiness vis-a-vis Rosewood.  The latter is going away and my psychologist is helping me learn how to deal with the former.

In other words, I intend to be happy, goddammit!  I swear I'll make it there.  The major depression is gone and I'm prepared to beat the minor stuff until it dies a blood-fountaining death all over the carpet and down the stairs.  Simply put, I left school so that I could change my life--and by golly, I'm going to do it.  No matter what.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: May 13, 2010, 01:04:30 am »

That would take some cleaning up to do.

I need money to move out. Unfortunately, it seems like anything above minimum wage requires a college degree, so I may have to either like in a cheap apartment or wait out a few years before I can leave this annoying place.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: May 13, 2010, 02:28:38 am »

You think that's depressing? Wait til you find out about the meaning of life, or lack thereof.

What is so depressing about Death and Time.

I accidentally joined a bible study group today.

How can you do that accidentally?
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: May 13, 2010, 02:31:57 am »

"Hey, do you want to be in a Bible study group?"
"Yes! Wait, n-"

And then his tongue fell out.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: May 13, 2010, 02:36:22 am »

I was girlfriend-trapped into a bible study, there's ways
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: May 13, 2010, 02:38:21 am »

"Hey, do you want to be in a Bible study group?"
"Yes! Wait, n-"

And then his tongue fell out.

It's a sign!

Of poor dental hygiene. Seriously, gingivitis so bad your tongue rots off?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: May 13, 2010, 03:10:27 am »

I was girlfriend-trapped into a bible study, there's ways

Harsh.. hope is was worth it.
Probably best if you rescue her from that world though :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: May 13, 2010, 03:45:27 am »

I was sitting in the Student Centre building, waiting for some other club meeting, and sipping my Tim Horton's Large Hot Chocolate ($1.52 including tax) and finishing the crossword puzzle (Imprint, really easy, they put this week's answer key up by mistake). I started shading in different squares in the answer key to make a neat checkerboard pattern. This Asian dude, about 35-45 years of age comes up and says "Hey can I talk to you?"

I'm a friendly guy, and I figure he probably has something interesting to say, and I also can't say no because I'm just sitting by myself shading in squares in the school newspaper, so I say "Hey, sure, why not."

I'm confused about what he is trying to sell me though, because we just talk about my major, how long we've lived in the area, discuss New Brunswick a bit, blah blah blah

"Yeah, I do a Bible Study Group, and we meet one on one sometimes, other times in groups, SHIFT FOCUS BACK INTO DISCUSSING DIFFERENT PARTS OF CANADA"

Before I knew it, I'd given him my phone number. Actually, he was a nice guy, so I don't mind, and I'm always looking for Christians who are knowledgeable about their faith to ask them about the scene where Jesus kills a fig tree for not giving him any figs even though it was out of season. And he was surprisingly receptive to hearing me talk about class structure in the Atlantic Provinces originating from differing Christian denominations. I'm not sure what denomination he is, and I'm a bit worried he's a Jehovah's Witness or something (though, the ones who try to convert me are always so friendly. I invited some Mormons to a Pagan Gathering once when they happened to drop by right before I left, but they turned me down), but I kind of look forward to seeing who else he's got to talk to.

Worst case scenario is he rapes me.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: May 13, 2010, 07:50:14 am »

The fact that my mouse is not working.

It took me 15 minutes to get this up D:
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: May 13, 2010, 08:30:13 am »

Bang it.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: May 13, 2010, 08:32:30 am »

Bang it.

The mouse I had before this one was horribly defective and the only way to get it to work was to literly smash it into the table, this would keep it working from 5 minutes - an hour, but at some point the smashing kinda... destroyed the mouse.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: May 13, 2010, 08:41:04 am »

Bang it.

The mouse I had before this one was horribly defective and the only way to get it to work was to literly smash it into the table, this would keep it working from 5 minutes - an hour, but at some point the smashing kinda... destroyed the mouse.

Banging it multiple times!? You are obviously a man of great stamina.

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: May 13, 2010, 10:41:11 am »

... You two are awesome.  It's been way too long since I built anything (power tools! :D) or did any other random crazy shit.  I must do these things!  But petting kittens is really high on my list >_<  And growing something.  I really, really need to grow some plants.  When I'm old, I want a big rose garden, higher than your head--and I'd just walk through it and breathe.  Plants are terrific.

You can always combine the two--build a trellis, and make vine-flowers grow there. Or suchlike. I don't know how your parents would feel about it, but you can always pitch the idea.

In other words, I intend to be happy, goddammit!  I swear I'll make it there.  The major depression is gone and I'm prepared to beat the minor stuff until it dies a blood-fountaining death all over the carpet and down the stairs.  Simply put, I left school so that I could change my life--and by golly, I'm going to do it.  No matter what.

Rock on.

Bible Study stuff.

I'm in a Bible study. It's pretty awesome--we talk about apologetics while including as much science as possible, and also talk about objections that include science. The official stance on Evolution in the study is that undirected, chance Evolution is naive--not that you have to be a seven-day creationist or somesuch. Which is good--I'm a Theistic Evolution person. I call it the "You don't have to be an idiot to be a Christian" Bible study.

So, yes, I'm one of those witch-burning, book-burning, snake-handling, intolerant, hypocrytical, naive, idiotic, annoying, shoot-you-if-you've-kissed-before-marriage, the-Bible-is-to-be-taken-literally-except-for-all-the-simile-lead-ins, can-only-talk-about-church Christians. Make of that what you will.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5459 on: May 13, 2010, 11:47:41 am »

2 weeks since my last message to Valve's help desk, and still no response. I was writing one heck of a response to get them to respond, as well as explain why they have no alternative solutions or why they won't cut slack for anyone. After refining my wall of text and re-reading it, I had a sick feeling not to send it. Especially since I insulted that their methods of locking everyone out of their services for the most frivolous reasons actually encourages piracy because "People want their games, dammit!" (not exact phrasing, but still, essentially the point of one of my messages in my message).

One or two other reasons I feel it would also be a bad idea to send it would be because I would be accused of being a pirate (giving Valve the upper hand, whether true or not; nobody is innocent when your opponent has lawyers and crap-ass rules), and also because I lack enough support from other victims of their lack of solutions. I only did some research and found a few cases, but cases alone won't settle anything.

I think what makes my predicament with Valve/Steam suck so bad is that my siblings have accounts, and are advising I get some games they have and we can play against/with each other over multiplayer, and I can't tell them the predicament I'm in because I know I'll get hit with the "I told you so", and I don't want to drag them into the whole mess I'm in. Last thing I want to do is pay off a loan from someone.

It still sucks I can't go into 'Offline Mode', and can't find any ways to over-ride it into the mode (even through registry editing).
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 8167