Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9490988 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5460 on: May 13, 2010, 11:52:05 am »

I was girlfriend-trapped into a bible study, there's ways

Harsh.. hope is was worth it.
Probably best if you rescue her from that world though :)

Remember that trying to convert a Christian to atheism is as irritating to the Christian as it is the other way around.
Shoes...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: May 13, 2010, 11:53:50 am »

No one remembers that though. Ever. Seriously I'm catholic and My sister is Atheist and my girlfriend is a different denomination than me. We all get along.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5462 on: May 13, 2010, 01:02:27 pm »

My views are much like their views.

Try not to convert me to Atheism, I will do the same in return, and not "bleed your brain out the ear" with Catholicism.

That aside, I don't mind any religion, just as long as we respect each other's boundaries (and laws we provide each other). Hell, I've come up with accepting an amalgamation theory; we're all worshipping the same dude for different reasons and have different nicknames for him/her/they/it, simply put, why can't we all just get along?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: May 13, 2010, 01:06:07 pm »

Try not to convert me to Atheism, I will do the same in return, and not "bleed your brain out the ear" with Catholicism.

That aside, I don't mind any religion, just as long as we respect each other's boundaries (and laws we provide each other). Hell, I've come up with accepting an amalgamation theory; we're all worshipping the same dude for different reasons and have different nicknames for him/her/they/it, simply put, why can't we all just get along?
Yeah, pretty well this. Granted there are jackasses that use the various ideologies to commit their crimes and excuse their actions, but they should not be considered part of that ideology if they violate its basic teachings. And seeing as near every religion preaches peace with your fellow man, everything atheists bitch about should be blamed on people who don't even subscribe to the ideology they whine about.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: May 13, 2010, 01:19:27 pm »

We need to separate the 'good' guys from the 'bad' guys. If we cannot single people based on skin color, nationality, or religious preferences, we'll have to resort to picking on people based on personality, and they can change that! Thankfully, we still have the Red vs Blue war waging in Eagleland, so there's still hope for senseless bigotry.

I'm sad there's still a partisan government, but this is far outweighed by having a day off to do stuff.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5465 on: May 13, 2010, 01:35:24 pm »

Yeah, pretty well this. Granted there are jackasses that use the various ideologies to commit their crimes and excuse their actions, but they should not be considered part of that ideology if they violate its basic teachings. And seeing as near every religion preaches peace with your fellow man, everything atheists bitch about should be blamed on people who don't even subscribe to the ideology they whine about.
If I recall the laws of plenty of religions and such, that is an overall goal, and we have people that oversee the operation (like the Pope with Catholicism and Christianity) and so on and so forth. It is part of their responsibility that the religion is still being followed according to the principles that are provided by them. Certain cultures, religions, and especially the media don't want anyone to live certain things down.

Although it looks like nothing is being done about certain things that the media has been perpetuating (like the pedophile priest thing), trust me, everyone's been working for ages to get rid of that stereotype and make all sorts of laws to make sure no loopholes exist within it. It bothers me to no end that according to the media, if you're a preist, then young boys is the only thing on your mind. Then again, dare I revive any kind of war and retort with them trying to use that kind of stereotype to tear down something they choose not to believe in *cough*Media=FullofAthiests*cough*? We try to have our rules protect everyone and not only ourselves, and we invite people to join, not jam a Bible down people's throats. It's all up to the person whether they want to follow a belief or not. Issues only become a problem if it persists and we have to stand our ground for longer than we need to. It's a natural reaction to anything. Get attacked, defend or retaliate.

Like my initial statement, respect our rules, we'll respect yours; just keep it fair, and we'll be okay.

Of course, many who complain about the rules are those who don't like to play by the rules or play fairly.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:38:54 pm by Itnetlolor »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: May 13, 2010, 01:49:18 pm »

You can always combine the two--build a trellis, and make vine-flowers grow there. Or suchlike. I don't know how your parents would feel about it, but you can always pitch the idea.

... Better idea!  Yeah, this should be fine.  I asked my mom, and she told me to design it, bring the plans by them, and then go build it :D  Oh, and we're going on a hike today.  Living with one's hippie parents has major advantages.

(Slight disadvantage: I'm supposed to take some ballet and/or Indian dancing to improve my grace stat, but that's probably all right)

Right, things that made me sad: my horrible upper body strength and general inflexibility.  Both have improved since I started yoga, but unfortunately I'm still stuck doing it with the senior citizen group  :-\  Oh, well.  If I ever actually get to try kyuudo, that should help a lot.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: May 13, 2010, 02:27:04 pm »

Electricity's off. :(
Though, it's not going to be for long (5 hours, at the most), my mom is devastated because she thought the bill was due on the 17th. :\

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: May 13, 2010, 02:58:57 pm »

Instead of ballet, try fencing! It's practically the same, except one involves stabbing.

Though, make sure your instructor focuses on footwork. Seriously, you need to do at least a hundred of each bit of footwork before you can fence competently.

Sad things: Since I'm out of albuterol, I decided to go for a walk. I decided to up the awesome quotient by going barefoot. That would have been OK, if I had brought shoes "just in case." I didn't. Now blisters.

Ah, well.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: May 13, 2010, 03:19:20 pm »

(Slight disadvantage: I'm supposed to take some ballet and/or Indian dancing to improve my grace stat, but that's probably all right)

Really?  Why?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: May 13, 2010, 03:25:39 pm »

Really?  Why?
'cause she came in second in the "who's the MANLIEST bay12 forumgoer" poll, and her parents must've heard about it.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: May 13, 2010, 03:38:15 pm »

Really?  Why?
To fix a dump stat from chargen? Dunno, I'd leave that as low as possible.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: May 13, 2010, 03:40:40 pm »

Reading an awesome old thread on the wizards forums and coming to its end only to find that its incomplete on a cliffhanger entry with the writer having said he has no intent on finishing it.

Same as the above for a really awesome Warcraft 3 series of maps call Dwarven Nation, city of the seven mithril golems, and temple of the old gods. (what the dwarves were doing during the events of the frozen throne and aftermath era) Basically the dwarfs have to redicover how to make battle golems and eventually they DRAIN THE POWER OF AN OLD GOD. But then it ends and you don't really find out what happens to the energy.

Basically I love/hate reading really awesome forum threads like captian iron blood only to come to the end with no conclusion in sight.

(http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19558998/Commoner_Campaign?pg=1)
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: May 13, 2010, 07:15:45 pm »

A royal crown won't submit to my will.

Seriously, why are the caps always fused? It's like the bottles have been charged with protecting thier deliciousness by a magical princess.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: May 13, 2010, 11:52:06 pm »

the 4-6 hour filing job i'm doing for 100 bucks gave me a paper cut and still isnt done. I will have to go back tomorrow for at least 3 hours to finish it. I basically got nothing else done today except talk with a fourmite for a little bit.

i have spent no time at all working on the other project that could make me some much desired cash and i havent even started on my next post for my LP. I wish there were more damn hours in the day so i could get more things done without losing my lazy status.

did watch a futurama movie today though. the beast with a billion backs. pretty sweet.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 8167