Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448747 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #2475 on: February 02, 2010, 04:01:03 pm »

I see Rashilul knows where I'm coming from.

Only good thing about this are the pain killers. Though this means I might be a little goofy.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: February 02, 2010, 04:12:32 pm »

KIDNEY STONE... Oh god ow.
Ack... it's always something I've felt squemish about.  Supposed to be one of the most painful things you can have.

Really?  It's FFXIII, right?  I had no problems with the valley, but I'm vaguely pissed off at the general heroic design.  Chocobo-dude seems pretty cool (if far too deeply in the same vein as Usopp from One Piece), but the rest of them seem excessively derivative at first glance.
I think, to me, it's something about the way they are really well rendered but seem kindof... dead.  Flawless skin, perfectly chiselled facial features, those damn pupils...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: February 02, 2010, 04:23:58 pm »

I think, to me, it's something about the way they are really well rendered but seem kindof... dead.  Flawless skin, perfectly chiselled facial features, those damn pupils...

Huh.  I have no problem whatsoever with the facial features/whatever (just figure I'm looking at a moving painting or something), but I always had a bit of annoyance with the way they move, especially the hands--it was especially bad in FFVIII and Advent Children.  Never noticed the pupils, though.  What's wrong with them?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: February 02, 2010, 04:49:04 pm »

TOO LARGE DAMNIT

Actually, it's probably just because I don't play JRPGs much.  Hmm.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: February 02, 2010, 04:53:25 pm »

TOO LARGE DAMNIT

Actually, it's probably just because I don't play JRPGs much.  Hmm.

Oh.  I pretty much only play JRPGs, and I never paid much attention to anyone's eyes, anyhow >_>  Better than Sephiroth-pupils, at least.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: February 02, 2010, 05:22:10 pm »

I noticed when I watched a friend play the new Mass Effect, everyone looked kind of...not living...though the black guy looked cross-eyed, and it made me laugh. Maybe it's too much physical realism without enough emotional realism
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: February 02, 2010, 05:31:28 pm »

Eh, I think what trips a lot of people up is that they've got the macro body language down, but the micro-language looks ridiculous... so the character looks like a creeptastic living doll.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: February 02, 2010, 05:36:06 pm »

My philosophy professor appears to be L+, and that doesn't bode well with me. N is all I'll take from a philosophy professor. I was a little encouraged when he started to look at the issue through analytical eyes, but then he took a strong stance on the issue as his final thought. Whether he wants us to see the flaw behind his argument or not I'm unsure of.

And while I can appreciate the joke behind the deliberate blunder: "...So says the National Republica- I mean, the National Rifle Association." It gives me the general idea that these things are going to be hammered into me the rest of the semester.

Also, the final fantasy games are odd for me. Something about their exaggeration doesn't bode well with me. I'm all for taking things to the limit and beyond, but nothing seems badass about it. Perhaps they make it seem too normal. I suppose excessive exaggeration only works when you don't expect it. When you know these are Final Fantasy characters, and thus can flip everywhere while crushing mountains with the flick of a wrist while avoiding bullets that act like nerf balls to them, it isn't so impressive. I suppose I just need the characters to establish that this is indeed out of the ordinary and thus unbelievably badass.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: February 02, 2010, 05:41:27 pm »

Vector explained that very well.

Lol kind of like the old show DBZ, where every season the characters got exponentially more powerful to the point of ludicrosity
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: February 02, 2010, 06:26:31 pm »

I suppose I just need the characters to establish that this is indeed out of the ordinary and thus unbelievably badass.
The main problem with that is this. As far as the story is concerned, guns really do inflict fatal wounds, the spells that are getting thrown around can destroy someone instantly, and the characters are far beyond anything normal people can do. Gameplay, on the other hand, requires that battles drag on, that the wimpy mooks be some small challenge(especially important, as most games imply the characters are just as strong at the start of the game as they are at the end), and that everyone be able to pull off graphically impressive stunts. Cutscenes are usually extremely impressive, and do convey just how awesome you are, but they leave you wondering why you can't fight like that most of the time.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: February 02, 2010, 06:46:02 pm »

Fuck.

He took me back into tropes.
Why, dragnar. Why?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: February 02, 2010, 06:46:35 pm »

For me, it was more... hmm...

Perhaps the way they're rendered so nicely but still retain some animu type features.  I mean, I can accept drawings looking like that, but something about detailed 3D models with such features is... I dunno.. creepy.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: February 02, 2010, 07:30:42 pm »

Fuck.

He took me back into tropes.
Why, dragnar. Why?
Mua ha ha ha!!!

...You just got me stuck too. Great.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: February 02, 2010, 11:32:33 pm »

Perhaps the way they're rendered so nicely but still retain some animu type features.  I mean, I can accept drawings looking like that, but something about detailed 3D models with such features is... I dunno.. creepy.

Huh.  It's all a matter of taste, I suppose.

Things Vector ate today: tortillas filled with 1000 Island dressing, salsa, rice, and lentils.

Things Vector received today: funny looks and not-so-fabulous flavor TT_TT

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: February 02, 2010, 11:34:41 pm »

I keep hearing my name over in my head.  Like someones calling me.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 8167