Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449449 times)

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #2460 on: February 01, 2010, 11:13:40 pm »

All my nobles survived, and it happened with water, not magma. And I haven't even had the chance to create some kind of Prisoner killer. In the realm of failing it was pretty unspectacular on the Fun scale.

However, you do inspire me to make the best out of this ein! If I can dig a tunnel from the giant Trade Depot highway to the Magma pipe I can really end things with a bang.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: February 01, 2010, 11:15:49 pm »

This seems like a blessing in disguise to me.
Put everything you can salvage in a new fortress higher up, and lock down the underfortress. Have a new migrant wave reclaim the newfortress, and have the underdwarves dig out the walls, flooding the entire underfortress. Then later, make a mechanism to drain the underfortress, but don't use it. Save your game, and publish it as an adventure map. People will be able to battle through the abandoned fortress, pull the lever, and be the first in millenia to see the secrets of the underfortress, whose inhabitants were drowned long ago.

There'll just be a bunch of corpses and random vermin there, but still.

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: February 01, 2010, 11:19:59 pm »

Cheddarius, has anyone ever told you you're a genius?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: February 01, 2010, 11:28:44 pm »

Heh, yeah.

...still going to sig that though.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: February 02, 2010, 12:42:41 am »

Until the tenth or thereabouts, when I'll be back, I'll think of like, ten of you guys and feel sad.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: February 02, 2010, 12:49:43 am »

My leg is sore. I don't know why.

EDIT: I've been posting a lot in this thread lately?
Also, Jackrabbit, have fun times wherever you're going!

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: February 02, 2010, 12:54:19 am »

School begins anew tomorrow, I have an appointment with a psychologist and the friend I want to talk to is away. These things make me sad.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: February 02, 2010, 08:16:15 am »

I'm no longer on painkillers = good.

The fact that they screwed up about a week and a half of collage = bad.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: February 02, 2010, 08:23:31 am »

Neptune's Pride is down.
And I crashed while trying to see the picture thread.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: February 02, 2010, 11:40:19 am »

I have to do a 2-page critique of an article of my choice from the textbook.

I picked The Singer Solution to World Poverty.  Apparently, the Singer Solution is "Shame on you for having money, give it all to Unicef (Here's the number, by the way) or you might as well take a chainsaw and start hacking apart Ethiopian kids, because that's what you're doing.  You're pretty much a Nazi.  Did you get that number I mentioned back there?"

It's sad because I'm only exaggerating a bit.  He did make a Nazi reference, and he did compare buying something nice instead of donating that money to failing to pull a switch that would divert a train away from a kid and toward your luxury car.

:|
Shoes...

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: February 02, 2010, 02:00:50 pm »

take a chainsaw and start hacking apart Ethiopian kids, because that's what you're doing.

Sounds like fun.

Sillyness aside, I am of the firm belief that giving money to the starving children in Ethiopia only ends up worsening the problem. Their current society is unsustainable, and as long as we continue to ship food over to them (which I might add, the U.S. has a huge surplus of. Hundreds of tons of grains, especially corn, rot on the ground or are otherwise disposed of each year. Yet we still pay billions in farm subsidies. Then again, that's a gripe for another time.) they will only continue to breed like cats and society won't get any better.

I am however, in support of building schools and industries in Africa (especially schools), to jump-start their economy. Even a Chinaesque heavy industry economy, bad as it is, would even be better then what they have now, because at least they would be able to export products to pay for stuff they need instead of relying on handouts. Though I think we should focus on making schools in the Middle East, since that area is more stable and would be easier to clean up (Despite what the media makes it seem like, there aren't many Islamic extremists left, and the ones that are don't have a lot of popular support. They are a threat that needs to be removed though, or they'll just bomb the schools we build).

Huh. I started that as just a reply, but I suppose that qualifies as a "made me sad" post.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: February 02, 2010, 02:24:19 pm »

My friend showed me the new Final Fantasy trailer.

I feel extremely disturbed.  For me, those characters are right at the trough of the Uncanny Valley.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: February 02, 2010, 03:54:30 pm »

KIDNEY STONE... Oh god ow.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: February 02, 2010, 03:56:44 pm »

My friend showed me the new Final Fantasy trailer.

I feel extremely disturbed.  For me, those characters are right at the trough of the Uncanny Valley.

Really?  It's FFXIII, right?  I had no problems with the valley, but I'm vaguely pissed off at the general heroic design.  Chocobo-dude seems pretty cool (if far too deeply in the same vein as Usopp from One Piece), but the rest of them seem excessively derivative at first glance.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: February 02, 2010, 03:57:03 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 8167