Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4371 4372 [4373] 4374 4375 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423917 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65580 on: September 12, 2013, 02:31:23 am »

Y'all be crazy. Soda (caffinated soda in particular) is the nectar of the gods themselves.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #65581 on: September 12, 2013, 04:51:41 am »

I, too, drink way too much soda. I wasn't as bad when I lived at home, but now I live on my own it's just so easy... Maybe once I have a fridge in my own room I will buy some more juice stuff and milk and drink that.

Y'all be crazy. Soda (caffinated soda in particular) is the nectar of the gods themselves.
Speaking of soda, I recently drank some Dr Pepper for the first time.

Spoiler alert: It's also the last time.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65582 on: September 12, 2013, 06:20:25 am »

... or, at least, if you are going to drink soda, stick to the off brands and never buy anything but 2 liters (barring the odd occurrence of a sale knocking down the price/ounce of the canned or smaller bottled stuff). Larger volume stuff itself is honestly a ripoff (it takes pennies to make that stuff, the markup is incredible :P) too, but at least it's not as bad of a ripoff. If the addicts among you can't muster the will to wean off the drug, y'might consider alternatives to supplement the stuff. I've found the, like, lemonade mixes and whatnot to be a pretty good value for sweet drinks and seem to take some of the bite off of weaning off. S'been like 2 bucks for 4-6 gallons worth (5-4 cent/ounce -- iirc, soda trends towards 8-6 cent/ounce, where I'm at.), so far, so long as you can provide the water and the containers to mix it in. If you're going to be an addict, might as well try to minimize the pocketbook hurt, I say.

But yeah. Haven't had any caffeine since something like February. Still the occasional non-caffeinated soda (I likes me my rootbeer), but doin' pretty good~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65583 on: September 12, 2013, 07:35:22 am »

Glanced through the headlines this morning on CNN.com, and seemingly every other story seems to be about someone torturing, killing, raping or eating children.

Makes me want to go back to sleep and set my alarm for "Asteroid impact".  :'(
I can't decide if the world's gone mad or if it's always been mad and we're just better able to realize that now.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #65584 on: September 12, 2013, 09:14:13 am »

... or, at least, if you are going to drink soda, stick to the off brands and never buy anything but 2 liters (barring the odd occurrence of a sale knocking down the price/ounce of the canned or smaller bottled stuff). Larger volume stuff itself is honestly a ripoff (it takes pennies to make that stuff, the markup is incredible :P) too, but at least it's not as bad of a ripoff. If the addicts among you can't muster the will to wean off the drug, y'might consider alternatives to supplement the stuff. I've found the, like, lemonade mixes and whatnot to be a pretty good value for sweet drinks and seem to take some of the bite off of weaning off. S'been like 2 bucks for 4-6 gallons worth (5-4 cent/ounce -- iirc, soda trends towards 8-6 cent/ounce, where I'm at.), so far, so long as you can provide the water and the containers to mix it in. If you're going to be an addict, might as well try to minimize the pocketbook hurt, I say.

But yeah. Haven't had any caffeine since something like February. Still the occasional non-caffeinated soda (I likes me my rootbeer), but doin' pretty good~
Hmm. I might as well go a month without soda (and coffee) to see if there is actually something addiction-like going on :v.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65585 on: September 12, 2013, 10:01:52 am »

Dat feeling when the girl you're attracted to has a hoodie on that says 'Kiss Me I'm Canadian'? THE TEMPTATION IS RATHER CONSIDERABLE
Same goddamn hoodie today. Can't concentrate goddammit.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #65586 on: September 12, 2013, 10:17:06 am »

I have flunked my Geometry and Vectors test and did bad on Literature.

I don't know what to do...again. >_>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65587 on: September 12, 2013, 10:23:04 am »

How do you know you flunked? Isn't the grade relative?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65588 on: September 12, 2013, 10:23:18 am »

Consult Vector about vectors.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65589 on: September 12, 2013, 10:26:04 am »

how long were you waiting to do that really

...i'm still waiting for freeformschooler to do something properly ffsworthy

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #65590 on: September 12, 2013, 10:28:56 am »

How do you know you flunked? Isn't the grade relative?
I solved very few of the 25 problems.

Also 25 problems in 50 minutes is insane.

There was no vectors in this test, only quadratic curves (parabola hyperbola ellipse) and linear transformations.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65591 on: September 12, 2013, 11:13:21 am »

I gave up soda when I got to college a few weeks ago. The weird thing is that I don't really feel that different. No withdrawal symptoms (and apparently some people get it bad when they stop using caffeine) and no weight loss as a result (yet, anyway). The only major difference is that water doesn't taste disgusting to me anymore.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #65592 on: September 12, 2013, 11:19:37 am »

Water... doesn't taste disgusting to me. I just dislike drinking it.

Been drinking milk for far too long.

This, water isn't bad, but it's a last option kind of thing, if I have anything tastier I'll take that, if not, well, nothing wrong with water.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65593 on: September 12, 2013, 11:22:55 am »

I am oscillating between the illusion that I am a likeable person with friends and the realisation that I am socially incompetent and unlikeable.
One stays around longer than the other.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65594 on: September 12, 2013, 12:38:52 pm »

Finally giving up on my great-grandmother's bathmat ;_;
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4371 4372 [4373] 4374 4375 ... 8167